Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lou Raffeto is sounding very unhappy in California. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87652)

jelly 09-23-2011 10:00 PM

Lou Raffeto is sounding very unhappy in California.

Lou is sounding like a man who could be out of a job soon.

He talks about takeout and the CTHA.

On takeout..."Takeout is a key blogger issue for a handful of people who won't let it die"

On the CTHA......Is led by dissident trainers with checkered past including Insider trading..

The interview starts about a 1/3 of the way through the 3rd hour.

http://www.thoroughbredracingradione...y=23&Itemid=35

andymays 09-23-2011 10:26 PM

There are so many misleading statements and outright lies in this interview that I don’t know how anyone who still supports the TOC or is on the board of the TOC doesn’t resign or at least distance themselves from the TOC. Please take the time to listen to the interview.

In the words of Hollywood mogul David Geffen, “Everybody in politics lies…” But when some politicians (TOC President) tell lies that damage a person’s character in the eyes of voters and ultimately lead to his defeat, those are damnable lies that need to be corrected.

There is a lot more to come about this interview.

Andy

Hour 3 --- Ric Hammerle, Lou Raffetto

andymays 09-23-2011 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you listen to the interview and then read the attachment you will begin to see how dishonest the leadership of the TOC really is.

Charli125 09-24-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymays
If you listen to the interview and then read the attachment you will begin to see how dishonest the leadership of the TOC really is.

That is an excellent fact checking piece. I expected spin, and lot's of it. I've seen fudging of numbers before, cherry picking data to fit their spin, etc. But, I never expected out and out lies.

Raffetto calling an almost 200 Million drop in handle a "key blogger issue" is unbelievable, especially considering the things he said during the DelMar meet about wanting to work with the players.

That he would say that most people have never heard of the members of the new group is both naive as well as out of touch. As if the most important thing when it comes to picking an organization to represent owners is how well known they are.

I encourage everyone who has doubts, CA owners included, to read that PDF. It's long, but it leaves no question that Raffetto and the TOC are lying and are willing to do anything to remain in power.

andymays 09-24-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charli125
That is an excellent fact checking piece. I expected spin, and lot's of it. I've seen fudging of numbers before, cherry picking data to fit their spin, etc. But, I never expected out and out lies.

Raffetto calling an almost 200 Million drop in handle a "key blogger issue" is unbelievable, especially considering the things he said during the DelMar meet about wanting to work with the players.

That he would say that most people have never heard of the members of the new group is both naive as well as out of touch. As if the most important thing when it comes to picking an organization to represent owners is how well known they are.

I encourage everyone who has doubts, CA owners included, to read that PDF. It's long, but it leaves no question that Raffetto and the TOC are lying and are willing to do anything to remain in power.

Well said Charlie. Sounds like it could be a HANA press release that could be sent out this afternoon. Hint. ;)

Go for it. :ThmbUp:

Charli125 09-24-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Well said Charlie. Sounds like it could be a HANA press release that could be sent out this afternoon. Hint. ;)

Go for it. :ThmbUp:

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation....ct-checks.html

jelly 09-24-2011 12:49 PM

Lou Raffeto always had a good reputation through the media.

Has the TOC corrupted Lou?or is this the real Lou?

andymays 09-24-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly
Lou Raffeto always had a good reputation through the media.

Has the TOC corrupted Lou?or is this the real Lou?

I think he probably believes most of the lies he told. A person in his position has a responsibility to ask questions and learn the truth before he goes out and accuses innocent people of some pretty bad stuff. So far Lou has disgraced himself in California.

He is absolutely misleading the public when he says he wanted the Exacta takeout lowered by two points but the tracks declined. The takeout on that wager was raised by two points all of which went to Purses (TOC). Why should the tracks give back something they never had? Bottom line is that Lou is full of it.

andymays 09-24-2011 01:39 PM

Saturday, September 24, 2011
TOC Fact Checks

Excerpt:
In 2011, social media in its various forms allow for very little to slip through the cracks. Usually (sometimes within minutes) a "fact check" item will appear across the wires after a comment or presentation, which is then discussed on the many internet interaction avenues.

Yesterday on the Steve Byk Radio show, the TOC's Lou Raffetto was interviewed. Among other internal issues (one owners group is battling another in California), Mr Raffetto commented on the handle losses in California referring that "takeout is a key blogger issue for a handful of people who won't let it die".

This "blogger issue", backed by all available economic theory and literature since 1971, has, in part, resulted in (the last time we checked) upwards of $200 million dollars in handle losses in 2011, in Mr. Raffetto's state.

andymays 09-24-2011 01:51 PM

Was it Lou Raffetto or Pinocchio? You make the call.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinocchio

Excerpt:

Pinocchio (pronounced [piˈnɔkːjo] in Italian) is a fictional character that first appeared in 1883, in The Adventures of Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi, and has since appeared in many adaptations of that story and others. Carved by a woodcarver named Geppetto in a small Italian village, he was created as a wooden puppet, but dreamt of becoming a real boy. Pinocchio is often a term used to describe an individual who is prone to telling lies, fabricating stories and exaggerating or creating tall tales for various reasons.

[edit] Fictional character biography
Main article: The Adventures of Pinocchio
Pinocchio is known for having a short nose that becomes longer when he is under stress (chapter 3), especially while telling a lie. His clothes are made of flowered paper, his shoes are made of wood and his hat is made of bread (page 16 of Collodi's Le Avventure di Pinocchio). Despite the fact that in Italian the name Pinocchio might be a version of 'baby pine' (a portmanteau of pino, pine, and marmocchio, brat), in fact it means pinecone which is distinctly, probably willfully illogical as the book clearly states that the puppet was made out of cherry wood. The name actually comes from a nickname: Geppetto wryly gave the puppet the name Pinocchio as an omen of good fortune: Ho conosciuto una famiglia intera di Pinocchi [...] e tutti se la passavano bene. Il più ricco di loro chiedeva l’elemosina (chapter 1) (I have known the entire Pinocchio family [...] and all of them managed well. The richest begged). However the surname itself may be derived from the Italian word nocchio, meaning a gnarl or knot in

takeout 09-24-2011 05:04 PM

Interview

I didn’t hear anything that would make me come off of a boycott. Hopefully the TOC will soon be toast and at least that will be a baby step in the right direction.

andymays 09-24-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeout
I didn’t hear anything that would make me come off of a boycott. Hopefully the TOC will soon be toast and at least that will be a baby step in the right direction.

It's a lot more than a baby step. It's almost everything. The CHRB Chairman resigning would make the parlay a total victory.

andymays 09-25-2011 10:34 AM

Lou Raffetto/TOC fact check part 2!

On the Steve Byk show with Lou Raffetto, Lou told the listeners that he wants lower takeout and he made an offer of lowering the two horse bets by 2 points. The suggestion was that the TOC give back 1 point and that the tracks should give back one point. That statement seems reasonable if you don’t really know the truth. The truth is that he’s asking the Tracks to give back something they never had. The TOC got the full two point increase for purses. Why should the tracks give back something they never had? People need to know that this type of tactic is what the TOC leadership does and always has done. Another good example is the TOC shakedown of the Tracks over the popular low takeout P5. The TOC never wanted the bet because they thought it would be a big loser. To their credit Hollywood Park had to fight for the bet and put it in. What most people don’t know is that the TOC waited till the last minute and finally approved the bet but only if the Tracks would guarantee them a bigger cut of the takeout (also known as a shakedown). You tell me. Do the actions by the TOC sound like those of a partner or an adversary?

Everyone who followed the Del Mar meet knows that Joe Harper stood up for the Customers on several occasions and asked to have the takeout lowered on the two horse bets. Everyone who followed the Del Mar meet knows that Santa Anita and Hollywood Park sent a letter to the TOC asking for the same thing. The letter wasn’t made public until several days after it was in the hands of the TOC. Everyone who has dealt with the TOC knows that what they do is wait till the last minute when it comes to negotiating with the Tracks. They do this so they can have the most leverage over the tracks. Again, the TOC is not a partner with the Tracks they are an adversary. In order to be able to compete for customers the Tracks need the flexibility to innovate and adjust the wagering menu and takeout rates from meet to meet. The TOC stops them at every turn and the public is finally learning the truth about the problems in California.

On another note it seems that the strategy of the TOC in the election is to sling as much mud as possible and hope it sticks. They are trying to confuse Owners with false statements, lies, and innuendo. Implying that dead people signed the letters and that letters were forged is as low as it gets. It is my understanding that two Owners passed away AFTER they signed the letter. You have to be a real lowlife to use the death of a couple of Owners to mislead the public. People need to know how low this group will go. The other thing that’s happening is that at least one person with owner’s license claims that he did not sign the letter and he points to the misspelling of his name on the petition. The thing is that when you have a common name like Sean McCarthy for example, it is likely that there could be another Owner with the same/similar name. That Owner might spell his first name a little different. Now the TOC is spreading lies about forging signatures when they know it’s not true. How low can they go?

I’m pretty sure that Lou Raffetto (A.K.A. Pinocchio) is just repeating lies that were told to him by the Puppet Masters at the TOC but he’s also spreading a few of his own.

If people want to know the truth it’s out there. Don’t let the TOC distort the truth anymore. They are the organization with a checkered past and present.

Thanks,

Andy

DJofSD 09-25-2011 11:31 AM

Good catch, Andy.

Is there no shame at the TOC? If track management wasn't sure about the TOC before, they had now better be clear, the TOC is all about the money, period. Screw the track, screw the bettor, screw the future of racing, just give me what I want.

andymays 09-26-2011 09:47 AM

Someone will respond to the Raffetto interview on the Byk show this morning. I believe someone from the CTHA will respond tomorrow as well.

7:30 am pst

http://www.thoroughbredracingradionetwork.com/

andymays 09-26-2011 10:17 AM

Jerry Jam on the Byk show right now.

rwwupl 09-26-2011 10:34 AM

This should be interesting. The CTHA has posted on their website that President David Wilson is available for interviews with information on how to contact.

They and others are anxious to respond.

------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.calhorsemen.org/pdf/ctha-...ber-2-2011.pdf

Roger Way

andymays 09-26-2011 10:47 AM

Jerry did a great job. If you didn't hear it make sure you listen to the archived show.

jelly 09-26-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Jerry did a great job. If you didn't hear it make sure you listen to the archived show.

Unfortunately they didn't play the whole interview in the archived show.

andymays 09-26-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly
Unfortunately they didn't play the whole interview in the archived show.

Try it again. Sometimes the player stops and you have to try again.

jelly 09-26-2011 02:38 PM

Thanks,it's all up there now.Good interview.

takeout 09-27-2011 05:42 PM

I hope Lou didn’t buy too many of those shirts.