Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Bad Beat thread. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103720)

PizzaCat 02-18-2015 10:24 PM

Hope your life is worth a lot ! :p

dirty moose 02-18-2015 10:35 PM

I really hate jockeys. Check out the ride on the 3 horse in the 9th at Delta 2/18.

Stillriledup 02-18-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty moose
I really hate jockeys. Check out the ride on the 3 horse in the 9th at Delta 2/18.

That was a very oddly run race.....lots of speed on paper and nobody went, the 2 speeds lined up around the track in hand, this is a 5F race and these guys were grabbing like it was a route race.....then the announcer calls a "Speed duel" there was no duel, those two jock sauntered the first 3 furlongs of that race. Not sure where the 1 was, looked good on the track and ran like he was tied to a cement box.....the guy on the 5 took the lead and just stopped riding.....not sure what to make of that event.

Stillriledup 02-20-2015 03:08 PM

You gotta be kidding me, i couldn't get a 7=5 exacta home in the 5th at Gulfstream. The 1 was "done" turning for home, probably one of the worst horses to ever race, he was visually running 1 mile an hour the entire stretch and the 5 couldn't pass him with the greatest trip in the history of horse racing.

Just awful.

thespaah 02-20-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
You gotta be kidding me, i couldn't get a 7=5 exacta home in the 5th at Gulfstream. The 1 was "done" turning for home, probably one of the worst horses to ever race, he was visually running 1 mile an hour the entire stretch and the 5 couldn't pass him with the greatest trip in the history of horse racing.

Just awful.

According to the Trakus chart, the :1: ran slightly faster and was 8 ft closer to the rail than the :5:
So I guess you can look at this one of two ways..
The :5: was "more" done than the :1:
Or the path on which the :5: was running was a bit slow....
For some stupid reason I cannot paste the link into here.
Just look at the Gulfstream website..
I have no clue all the sudden I cannot paste links into here...
But anyway, i watched the replay by backing up Gulfstream Park Live..
It looked to me like the :5: did hang. The rider was trying, urging the horse. but it just did not have it.
Yeah, it sucks when your eyes tell you this horse has that horse collared and should go right on by..and doesn't...

Saratoga_Mike 02-20-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Just awful.

Funny post ... 1 MPH.

Stoleitbreezing 02-20-2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Funny post ... 1 MPH.

Reminds me of a race I played at Northfield sometime ago. The 3 horse in the stretch was literally "walking" to the finish line. My friend and I would always kid about horses "walking" home, but in that case it was true. The slowest I've ever seen a horse in a race was that night.

Stillriledup 02-20-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Funny post ... 1 MPH.

Im being kind. I though i was watching turtle racing for a second.

thespaah 02-20-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Im being kind. I though i was watching turtle racing for a second.

it's still pretty darned funny...

Stillriledup 02-20-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespaah
it's still pretty darned funny...

I try and toss some comedy in here once in a while. :D

cutchemist42 02-21-2015 11:22 PM

Just got nosed in the 9th race at Sam Houston :mad:

EMD4ME 02-22-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutchemist42
Just got nosed in the 9th race at Sam Houston :mad:

Had a $1 pick 5 with that 7 to the 5 in the 10th. Cost me $3000

I watched that replay 4 x. Still don't see anyway the 9 won....

Gotta love the Green finish line in their supposed photo. Where was that photo taken? 8 yards after the real finish?

dirty moose 02-22-2015 03:15 PM

Do jocks know the difference between a 23 second quarter mile and a 24 or 25 second Q?

cutchemist42 02-22-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Had a $1 pick 5 with that 7 to the 5 in the 10th. Cost me $3000

I watched that replay 4 x. Still don't see anyway the 9 won....

Gotta love the Green finish line in their supposed photo. Where was that photo taken? 8 yards after the real finish?

Ouch your pain is worse, Im just a Win bettor. Might be one of my closest losses.

Immediately watching the replays after they crossed, I knew it was incredibly close and almost thought it was a DH.

Stillriledup 02-28-2015 05:28 PM

Great call by Maggie in the last race saying she liked the 8...and even gave a subtle push to the 5 horse who missed in a heartbreaking photo.

Had a win bet on the 5 and thought i won watching it live. I'm pretty sure they'll show the photo that will conclusively show the 8 really won the race.. :bang:

thespaah 02-28-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Do jocks know the difference between a 23 second quarter mile and a 24 or 25 second Q?

Heck yeah, they do...The good ones have a clock in their head.

ReplayRandall 02-28-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

I "second" your statement, T-spa... :cool:

dirty moose 02-28-2015 07:29 PM

What an awful ride on the 5 in the 8th @ GG.....

Stillriledup 02-28-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

What an awful ride on the 5 in the 8th @ GG.....

i needed the 1 for 3rd to hit the tri, looked like the 5 crashed into him angling out late...probably an optical illusion.

dirty moose 02-28-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

i needed the 1 for 3rd to hit the tri, looked like the 5 crashed into him angling out late...probably an optical illusion.

He tipped out after trying to squeeze into a hole that wasn't there. And still had a ton of horse. Or so It looked. Very annoying.

Stillriledup 02-28-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

He tipped out after trying to squeeze into a hole that wasn't there. And still had a ton of horse. Or so It looked. Very annoying.

Those races at GG are tough because the jocks ride in a big pack like its a 2 mile european turf race, you have to get a little lucky to be in the right place.

dirty moose 02-28-2015 10:07 PM

It's deff an odd surface, but I've hit some good ones there and @ PID. I think I do better @ PID

EMD4ME 02-28-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

They can count till 23? or 24? or 25? :lol: :lol:

cutchemist42 03-15-2015 08:12 PM

GG9 just now, I had the 7 and it was close but even watching the two close up ground-level replays they showed during the figuring-out, I thought I had it, and I find I usually am a good judge of the closeup bobs when they happen. The picture they provided was clear that the 1 won, so I just wondered if the closeup ground level is not lined up right.

I bet Jack Diz wins his next, but its going to be a low price so a pass

Stillriledup 06-26-2015 07:40 PM

I had a 265 tri at SA as well as a 25 exa and show bets on 256. Double bad beat, lose the exa, tri and show. I was sure the 5 was at worst 3rd. Wow that's rough. Also had a 245 tri.

Stillriledup 06-26-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

I had a 265 tri at SA as well as a 25 exa and show bets on 256. Double bad beat, lose the exa, tri and show. I was sure the 5 was at worst 3rd. Wow that's rough. Also had a 245 tri.

And got dqd out of the exa for good measure.

Dark Horse 06-26-2015 08:12 PM

I agree with you that the 5 came in before the 4. There is no way, in the slow motion, that the 4 came in before the 5. The DQ was also bogus. The 2 was first, and after that a blanket finish that looked like 6-5-4. But SA managed to get the 4 miraculously into second spot. And they announced the stewards inquiry very late, by the way. Did you notice that? We're patiently waiting for the photo, and suddenly they announce the inquiry. This is total BS.

KMA, SA stewards.

thespaah 06-26-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

race number?....Wanna see replay

Stillriledup 06-26-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

race number?....Wanna see replay

The 2nd

thespaah 06-27-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I agree with you that the 5 came in before the 4. There is no way, in the slow motion, that the 4 came in before the 5. The DQ was also bogus. The 2 was first, and after that a blanket finish that looked like 6-5-4. But SA managed to get the 4 miraculously into second spot. And they announced the stewards inquiry very late, by the way. Did you notice that? We're patiently waiting for the photo, and suddenly they announce the inquiry. This is total BS.

KMA, SA stewards.

Of course they wait for the photo. If the horse under inquiry finishes BEHIND the alleged wronged horse, the point of a DQ would be moot.

thespaah 06-27-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

The 2nd

I never look at these things subjectively.
Here's what I saw..
In mid stretch the :6: makes a bold and sudden move to the right across at least three paths and bumps the :4: causing that horse to briefly lose his action. Rider was forced to momentarily stop driving his mount.
It's not a major bump, but enough to cause the :4: to lose a chance at a placing.
I think the DQ is is warranted. JMHO....
Again. I don't care who wins or loses. I didn't have a bet on it.
I can see your point in that the incident was over in just a few strides. But IMO it was enough contact to cause an adverse placing.

Stillriledup 06-27-2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

I never look at these things subjectively.
Here's what I saw..
In mid stretch the :6: makes a bold and sudden move to the right across at least three paths and bumps the :4: causing that horse to briefly lose his action. Rider was forced to momentarily stop driving his mount.
It's not a major bump, but enough to cause the :4: to lose a chance at a placing.
I think the DQ is is warranted. JMHO....
Again. I don't care who wins or loses. I didn't have a bet on it.
I can see your point in that the incident was over in just a few strides. But IMO it was enough contact to cause an adverse placing.

I was suffering thru my bad beat once I knew the 5 wasn't at least 3rd I didn't even watch the bump or render a decision either way. It's a shame that the idiots who bet a 2nd timer like that to show got rewarded in a miracle finish, they were in huge trouble to hit the board late in the race. The 5 isn't a horse who is going to finish up the fence w fight He's a bit of a herd type, but I thought I got there for a slice. Not to be.

EMD4ME 06-27-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

I was suffering thru my bad beat once I knew the 5 wasn't at least 3rd I didn't even watch the bump or render a decision either way. It's a shame that the idiots who bet a 2nd timer like that to show got rewarded in a miracle finish, they were in huge trouble to hit the board late in the race. The 5 isn't a horse who is going to finish up the fence w fight He's a bit of a herd type, but I thought I got there for a slice. Not to be.

I just watched this replay a few times.

That the 5 did not get 2nd or 3rd is a bad beat. It looks like he was 2nd before the wire and it looked like the most amazing bob for him to not only miss 2nd but to miss 3rd as well.

The DQ was questionable at best. On the head on, it didn't look so bad. To say the least it was a tough beat (the DQ).

Stillriledup 06-27-2015 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I just watched this replay a few times.

That the 5 did not get 2nd or 3rd is a bad beat. It looks like he was 2nd before the wire and it looked like the most amazing bob for him to not only miss 2nd but to miss 3rd as well.

The DQ was questionable at best. On the head on, it didn't look so bad. To say the least it was a tough beat (the DQ).

I'm usually good at photos, it was a rare miss by me, I was shocked he was 4th and couldn't even weasel a dead heat out if it.

EMD4ME 06-27-2015 01:01 AM

Quote:

I'm usually good at photos, it was a rare miss by me, I was shocked he was 4th and couldn't even weasel a dead heat out if it.

I'm still shocked too. Crazy...

Stillriledup 10-09-2015 08:50 PM

Had my LIFE on the 3 in the 9th at Fresno.

HuggingTheRail 10-10-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Had my LIFE on the 3 in the 9th at Fresno.

A 5 horse race at Fresno??

Stillriledup 10-10-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuggingTheRail
A 5 horse race at Fresno??

No, it was a sports bet and I was getting +480 on the ML!

no breathalyzer 10-10-2015 01:13 AM

did you save any bullets for tomorrow?

Stillriledup 10-10-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
did you save any bullets for tomorrow?

Hopefully ill be like a cat and have 8 more lives to work with!