Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Page McKenney (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128068)

andtheyreoff 12-31-2015 11:17 AM

Page McKenney

Check this out: in the 7th race at Laurel on Saturday, the 1, Page McKenney, has finished first, second, or third 21 times in a row. During that streak, he's won 11 times, with seven seconds and three thirds.

How often do you see a streak like that, much less at the stakes level? Kudos to Page McKenney! :ThmbUp:

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...428&registry=T

delsully 01-02-2016 12:51 PM

I love this horse, he brings it every time. I remember hearing he was claimed for $25K before he went on his hot streak.

andtheyreoff 01-02-2016 03:20 PM

He just won the Native Dancer going away, to become racing's newest million-dollar earner. That's now 22 races in a row in the top 3.

Shemp Howard 01-02-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delsully
I love this horse, he brings it every time. I remember hearing he was claimed for $25K before he went on his hot streak.

The claim was for $16k at Penn National. Before the claim he had only won a cheap maiden claimer on the turf at Colonial Downs.

Funny thing about that claim is it was made by trainer Brandon Kulp for owner Michael T. Groff. Next time the horse is entered 6 weeks later it has a new owner and trainer.

cj 01-03-2016 02:12 PM

This horse didn't break his maiden until his thirteenth try, and it was as a first time gelding.

SuperPickle 01-03-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
The claim was for $16k at Penn National. Before the claim he had only won a cheap maiden claimer on the turf at Colonial Downs.

Funny thing about that claim is it was made by trainer Brandon Kulp for owner Michael T. Groff. Next time the horse is entered 6 weeks later it has a new owner and trainer.

This I would love to know more about. There's got to be a decent story there.

Btw... if you haven't watch his race at Penn National on Thanksgiving Eve it's worth the 120 seconds. Kid Cruz rallies from dead last and heads him at the eighth poll. You think its all over and this horse just looks over at him and rebreaks.

It's a serious performance.

Shemp Howard 01-05-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPickle
This I would love to know more about. There's got to be a decent story there.

Btw... if you haven't watch his race at Penn National on Thanksgiving Eve it's worth the 120 seconds. Kid Cruz rallies from dead last and heads him at the eighth poll. You think its all over and this horse just looks over at him and rebreaks.

It's a serious performance.

I doubt they sold him legit. More like a phony claim Kulp did either as a favor or for a few bucks. The Pig Penn is full of such shenanigans.

Donttellmeshowme 01-05-2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
I doubt they sold him legit. More like a phony claim Kulp did either as a favor or for a few bucks. The Pig Penn is full of such shenanigans.

I bet $1000 the trainer wasnt licensed and they got Kulp to drop the slip under his name. Probably got $500 for doing it. Thats about the norm.

Stillriledup 02-14-2016 06:44 PM

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...aim?source=rss

This is why they need to get rid of claiming races, owners shouldn't have to put their horses up for sale if they don't want to.

stuball 02-15-2016 08:34 AM

form change

Maybe they took him off drugs........LOL

cj 02-15-2016 09:06 AM

Cutting back to 7f today, probably be overbet IMO.

mountainman 02-15-2016 09:28 AM

For a horse who came to hand so slowly, his onslaught of triple beyers is remarkable. And not many runners with Pm's grinding, almost robotic style possess his sort of class.

What a tragedy for him to lose the wv derby because he got broadsided by some hopeless longshot. A nickel claimer whose connections just wanted attention.

Shemp Howard 02-15-2016 03:47 PM

Page McKenney is the "BOSS"

gheuks 02-15-2016 03:51 PM

That's one gutsy gelding

infrontby1 02-15-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
This horse didn't break his maiden until his thirteenth try, and it was as a first time gelding.

And another thing, if you are able to view his lifetime PP's. (Check out DRF Formulator's free race of the day, the GG is the featured race today) look how he completely turned his form around with the addition of a little something known as Lasix.

Why in the world even after 14 attempts did the horse's original connections never considered adding it to the horse? That could've been their savor and they probably would've still owned him today.