Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Formely Matt Carothers thread, but hijacked by Vic (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147621)

VigorsTheGrey 09-22-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2374177)
Sure Thasky. First rule of broadcasting is don't bring on a guest that knows more than you. But what the heck. Columbus took a chance. You can come on too.

Vic, anyway you could plug PaceAdvantage Website in the interest of getting talent on the board...? ;)...you could suggest that it is a great online discussion board for race fans, owners, trainers, jockeys, and other racing “personalities”...?

turfnsport 09-22-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2374143)
Next time I do a shift on TVG 2 if you'd like I'll have you on as a guest handicapper.

Spice up the silence. :)

Haha... I think I'd be more suitable for TVG3 or TVG4...I don't watch RTN when you are on though.

JustRalph 09-22-2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey (Post 2374181)
Vic, anyway you could plug PaceAdvantage Website in the interest of getting talent on the board...? ;)...you could suggest that it is a great online discussion board for race fans, owners, trainers, jockeys, and other racing “personalities”...?

Why? They all have been here and still lurk.

VigorsTheGrey 09-22-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph (Post 2374189)
Why? They all have been here and still lurk.

I think there are a lot of race fans that have never heard of PA and Vic’s presence at TVG would be a great opportunity to get the word out, no..?

how cliche 09-23-2018 01:08 AM

how cliche

my problem with matt carruthers is he appears to be drunk on the air. the next time any of you are setting up to grind for a day, note how he seems cogent and lucid at the beginning of his shift. contrast that with how he looks and acts the end of it.

turfnsport 09-23-2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by how cliche (Post 2374197)
my problem with matt carruthers is he appears to be drunk on the air. the next time any of you are setting up to grind for a day, note how he seems cogent and lucid at the beginning of his shift. contrast that with how he looks and acts the end of it.

Cmon man. He's not drunk. No need to go there. Although I do think by the end of his of shift many of the TVG viewers may be.

Tom 09-23-2018 09:43 AM

My boss used to tell us that if we want to drink at lunch, we should drink bourbon and not vodka. He would rather the customers knew we were drunk than think we were stupid!

the little guy 09-23-2018 10:00 AM

Matt is extremely knowledgable and well prepared. Does that not count for a lot? He's also a personality. All of these things make him good at his job. The fact that you are talking about him means he's doing his job well.

turfnsport 09-23-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2374256)
The fact that you are talking about him means he's doing his job well.

By your logic if I read a bad review of a new album in Rolling Stone I should still buy the record?

the little guy 09-23-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport (Post 2374260)
By your logic if I read a bad review of a new album in Rolling Stone I should still buy the record?

Not an analogy I would have used.

i guess, to start, that would depend on your opinion of the reviewer. But that would just be scratching the surface.

turfnsport 09-23-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2374271)
Not an analogy I would have used.

i guess, to start, that would depend on your opinion of the reviewer. But that would just be scratching the surface.

And I don't read Rolling Stone anymore. Who does?

metro 09-23-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2374256)
Matt is extremely knowledgable and well prepared. Does that not count for a lot? He's also a personality. All of these things make him good at his job. The fact that you are talking about him means he's doing his job well.

Plenty of knowledge on the TVG set and yes that includes Matt, just have to wade through the mindless minutia to get to it sometimes. As a viewer I'm interested in Matt's knowledge, not his hair.

jimmyb 09-23-2018 11:21 AM

I'll listen when Simon Bray or Vic are on.

turfnsport 09-23-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 2374285)
I'll listen when Simon Bray or Vic are on.

Yes I really like Simon..People trash Todd but when Todd & Simon work together I find it entertaining. There are some things about TVG that are not good but overall I enjoy all the talking heads except one or two.

ronsmac 09-23-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metro (Post 2374275)
Plenty of knowledge on the TVG set and yes that includes Matt, just have to wade through the mindless minutia to get to it sometimes. As a viewer I'm interested in Matt's knowledge, not his hair.

He does have great hair.