Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Top Chinese jock in Hong Kong cooked (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133855)

chenoa 10-06-2016 11:47 PM

Top Chinese jock in Hong Kong cooked

chenoa 10-06-2016 11:50 PM

JustRalph 10-07-2016 01:47 AM

That site is fishy.... the first one....fyi

My iOS software on my iPad alerted

Nitro 10-07-2016 02:14 AM

I’m not sure what the stewards were watching :eek: , but I have a feeling Cheng might win his appeal.
Master Gold was making only his 4th start at over 99/1 running 1650m (8.25F) on AWT (Dirt) for the first time.
The 3 prior starts were all at 1200m (6f) on the Turf and was also over 99/1 in each of those starts.

In the race in question it finished 4th making a nice move in the stretch drive running better then it had in any prior start.
HK Form Guide Post-race Comments: Pace Slow(-)(5W2W2W3W) taken back 6L off pace, ran on well mid track, just missed place. (LAME)
Yes that’s right! The horse came up lame after the race.

Believe it or not it’s running again at ShaTin in this coming Sat.’s 5th race at the same distance on the AWT.
Its M/L is 17/1 and I sort of liked him as an in-the-money chance, but because of the “lame” comment, I’ll wait to see what Jenny has to say in the post parade and what the live betting reveals.
Should be interesting.

The 5th race will be run at 3AM EST Sat. morning and shown live on TVG and the following DRF link: http://www.drf.com/drf/live_video/hong_kong/392221

ultracapper 10-07-2016 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph
That site is fishy.... the first one....fyi

My iOS software on my iPad alerted

Pop the link in the post between yours and mine, and watch your iOS blow up.

chenoa 10-07-2016 09:46 AM

The fact that Cheng has been communicating to people about horses he rides/workouts other than the owners or the trainer on his cell phone won't help his appeal one bit.

Yes, it seems a bit strange that one of the main inquiries is on a horse he rode who was 99/1 and didn't even pay a place finishing 4th. I watched it and saw the stretch drive and thought he probably could have got 3rd, but there was also a loose horse in front of him coming for home he had to be concerned with.

Parkview_Pirate 10-07-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenoa
The fact that Cheng has been communicating to people about horses he rides/workouts other than the owners or the trainer on his cell phone won't help his appeal one bit.

Yup. He could very easily be done. The HKJC doesn't mess around when it comes to cheating or inside info, and just the appearance of Mr. Cheng doing that is going to make it very difficult for him to keep his license.

He'll probably show up at Hastings Racecourse next year.... :)

AltonKelsey 10-08-2016 10:16 PM

I watched the race and the head on. If they a going to bag this guy for that ride, then there isn't a rider in the states that would keep their license for more than a week.

To be fair there were a few dodgy moves, but the worst of them (late) could have been the desire not to get in the direct path of the loose horse.

EMD4ME 10-08-2016 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate
Yup. He could very easily be done. The HKJC doesn't mess around when it comes to cheating or inside info, and just the appearance of Mr. Cheng doing that is going to make it very difficult for him to keep his license.

As long as he doesn't show up at EMD, I'll be happy!

green80 10-08-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenoa

Yes, it seems a bit strange that one of the main inquiries is on a horse he rode who was 99/1 and didn't even pay a place finishing 4th. I watched it and saw the stretch drive and thought he probably could have got 3rd, but there was also a loose horse in front of him coming for home he had to be concerned with.

I have never heard of a rule in the US that a jockey can't talk to anyone other than the owner or trainer about a horse. It's done daily around here.

AltonKelsey 10-08-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green80
I have never heard of a rule in the US that a jockey can't talk to anyone other than the owner or trainer about a horse. It's done daily around here.

And for good money I bet.

HuggingTheRail 10-08-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate

he would be top 5 if he did.... :lol:

infrontby1 10-09-2016 09:25 AM

Regardless of the outcome, this is the type of scrutiny that needs to be done by our stewards so the integrity of the game remains in tact.

infrontby1 10-09-2016 09:25 AM

Regardless of the outcome, this is the type of scrutiny that needs to be done by our stewards so the integrity of the game remains in tact.

EMD4ME 10-09-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infrontby1

I agree with you but that is LAUGHABLE here in the states/canada.