Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Belmont-Fallout Begins (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95400)

KingChas 06-22-2012 11:57 PM

The Belmont-Fallout Begins

Watching it play out from afar, trainer Larry Jones was incredulous by some of the decisions made by New York racing regulators as it pertained to the Belmont Stakes.

“If they’re going to tell you what you can feed then this is really starting to get ridiculous,” Jones said. “They’re trying to tell you everything you’re going to do and they want us to all be the same trainer. But it seems like they want us to all be a bad trainer.”

“You cook your food; do you go out and eat oatmeal dry?” he said. “I don’t know of anybody that does it. I bet you the stewards don’t do it.”

http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-larr...talls-saratoga

How long can you kick an old dog in the ass before he turns around and bites you ?

This is just a start due to the shabby treatment out of town trainers and owners recieve from the NY= Regulators.

Tom 06-23-2012 10:39 AM

Turned down 11 stalls at Saratoga......must be he saw the advanced PPS. :lol:
I suspect the meet will not miss him much.

cj 06-23-2012 10:43 AM

Wow, such an important issue, how can concentrate on his duties with such concerns?

davew 06-23-2012 11:16 AM

when they start telling you what you can and can not feed, is a good time to say BS

Grits 06-23-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

“I’m not boycotting anybody,” he said. “We hope we’re at the Alabama, I would hope to be at the Coaching Club Oaks. I may even have a 2-year-old or two that may be good enough for Saratoga but I don’t have to put my whole string in there.”
Yourself and the rest of your string, Larry, hopefully, you'll enjoy the "Pea Patch." It opens in a few short days. More good Kentucky bluegrass to graze on. ;)

Tom 06-23-2012 11:33 AM

:blush: All these years, I thought it was the PEE Patch!

Robert Goren 06-23-2012 11:40 AM

The NYRA apologists are out in force again this morning.

Grits 06-23-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
:blush: All these years, I thought it was the PEE Patch!

No, Tom. It used to be a soybean field.

Dahoss9698 06-23-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
The NYRA apologists are out in force again this morning.

So are the uninformed bored guys. Someone needs to keep you guys honest.

Tom 06-23-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits
No, Tom. It used to be a soybean field.

Well, I bet they grew good!

Tom 06-23-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If he had had his Wheaties, he wouldn't be whining about oats! :D

Dahoss9698 06-23-2012 11:56 AM

NYRA should probably just cancel the entire Saratoga meet now. How ever will they be able to put on an entire meet with Jones deciding not to come?

nijinski 06-23-2012 11:59 AM

He wasn't the only trainer that complained.
NYRA really wasn't to blame. I thought the state's wagering board came up with the regulations and many here agreed it was bad timing and overkill.

Tom 06-23-2012 12:00 PM

And it was one race and it gone now.
Whine whine whine.

forced89 06-23-2012 12:10 PM

Larry Jones is right If I ever have another good 3 yo I will skip the Derby if they stick with 20 horse fields and will never again race in NY. Trust me.