Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What do you think of this punishment? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129628)

bello 03-15-2016 11:03 AM

What do you think of this punishment?

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...parx-incident/

[YT="Parx Whip incident"]ME05_ffGgnk[/YT]

cj 03-15-2016 11:05 AM

That warrants a suspension. Imagine if that happened in a big race at a track where people actually watch.

camourous 03-15-2016 12:41 PM

$250 fine, that'll teach him

lamboguy 03-15-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camourous
$250 fine, that'll teach him

what a bunch of baffons in this game.

PaceAdvantage 03-15-2016 01:15 PM

Taking out life's frustrations on a defenseless animal is worth more than a measly $250 fine, especially when those animals provide you with your living, don't you think?

This is a joke of a punishment. And it shows you that those responsible for handing out punishments should come from a disinterested central authority...not from the group of men and women who all hang out together at the home track and are apt to show favoritism where none should reside.

But that will never happen.

And speaking of women, how many female stewards are there in the game today?

Alwaysonpoint36 03-15-2016 01:26 PM

Ugh. Poor horse.
They should get ahead of this before social media. That video is not gonna go away. Ban him for life, for the good of the horses and sport.

EMD4ME 03-15-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Taking out life's frustrations on a defenseless animal is worth more than a measly $250 fine, especially when those animals provide you with your living, don't you think?

This is a joke of a punishment. And it shows you that those responsible for handing out punishments should come from a disinterested central authority...not from the group of men and women who all hang out together at the home track and are apt to show favoritism where none should reside.

Proper punishment would be him getting stomped on in return by this poor horse but that will never happen.

I'd say increase it to $25,000.

6 months suspended and all states honor it.

Set an example.

PaceAdvantage 03-15-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Proper punishment would be him getting stomped on in return by this poor horse but that will never happen.

Nor should it.

Is it your goal to blow up every thread with ridiculous assertions?

v j stauffer 03-15-2016 01:44 PM

IMO a $250 fine is not enough punishment.

I would first check past rulings to see if he was a repeat offender.

For me would be a tough call between days (3-5) or a fine ($1500-$2000)

What he had to say at film review would influence my decision.

Was there real contrition?

Does he understand how dangerous this behavior is.

Not only for his horse and fellow riders

But to the already damaged perception of the sport.

Days or a fine he would leave the office with assurances should he return for a similar incident he'd be going to the sidelines for at least 7-10 days.

v j stauffer 03-15-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Nor should it.

Is it your goal to blow up every thread with ridiculous assertions?

PA. I don't think he's trying to sabotage.

Clearly he's just really that stupid.

burnsy 03-15-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Speaking of stewards. This is the exact reason we get so many "shit" calls in this game. Most of them are the cronies of cronyism. Been working around the track half your life, can't see straight, can't think clearly............."Let us repay you for being around the game for so long." "Have we got a job for you........"........... :lol: Hell yeah, the calls will be independent and impartial............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

davew 03-15-2016 02:32 PM

It looks to me that the jock does not even have a whip, but is slapping the withers.

v j stauffer 03-15-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnsy
[/B]

Speaking of stewards. This is the exact reason we get so many "shit" calls in this game. Most of them are the cronies of cronyism. Been working around the track half your life, can't see straight, can't think clearly............."Let us repay you for being around the game for so long." "Have we got a job for you........"........... :lol: Hell yeah, the calls will be independent and impartial............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

COMPLETE UNADULTERATED RUBBISH

v j stauffer 03-15-2016 02:38 PM

Quote:

Not sure of the total number but there are several.

In California we are very lucky to have Kim Sawyer who I've had the pleasure of working with.

IMO she is an excellent racing official.

jballscalls 03-15-2016 03:08 PM

Emerald Downs has had two female stewards in recent years, Amanda Benton and Thelma Lynn. Thelma might be retired now though.