Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Library (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gasper lights up the tote board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146047)

CheckMark 07-15-2018 05:33 PM

Gasper lights up the tote board

Has anyone heard of this and is it any good. I already have a system I use, but I need a long shot system for some days of when I don’t use my usual system. Thanks to anyone who reply’s.

Nutz and Boltz 07-15-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2341794)
Has anyone heard of this and is it any good. I already have a system I use, but I need a long shot system for some days of when I don’t use my usual system. Thanks to anyone who reply’s.

They should change the title to "Gasper used to light up the tote board", and that was when he was training many years ago.

jay68802 07-15-2018 08:43 PM

Any "system" is going to work. Some more than others. There is no 1 shortcut or method in this game. This game is far more complicated for any method to beat it for a extended period of time.

The men and women on this forum have probably looked at, handicapped, and bet on a million races combined. You will find that everyone has used a different method or system. My advice would be to "DO THE WORK YOURSELF".
And in the process, ask questions on this forum, and remember, learn something new every day.

It might date me, but the first races I went to were in 1975. Jack Van Berg was young then, G K Gomez was a apprentice around that time. You will find no better satisfaction in this game, than coming up with your own method that hits a 50+/1 or higher. The best thing is that it will happen.

Tom 07-17-2018 12:57 PM

I didn't look at it as a system, but as a look in to how a claiming trainer sees the horses. I thought it was pretty good stuff myself.

mikesal57 07-20-2018 11:29 AM

Stiffer penalties have pretty much wiped out those super trainers....

just like steroids in sports

mike

way back everyone thought oscar barrera was a super trainer by adding a bar shoe to every claim he made...

but it was the cocktail juice that the horse had before the race

Dave Schwartz 07-20-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay68802 (Post 2341858)
It might date me, but the first races I went to were in 1975. Jack Van Berg was young then, G K Gomez was a apprentice around that time. You will find no better satisfaction in this game, than coming up with your own method that hits a 50+/1 or higher. The best thing is that it will happen.

I'm not sure Jack Van Berg was ever young. ;-)

aaron 07-20-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesal57 (Post 2344039)
Stiffer penalties have pretty much wiped out those super trainers....

just like steroids in sports

mike

way back everyone thought oscar barrera was a super trainer by adding a bar shoe to every claim he made...

but it was the cocktail juice that the horse had before the race

There are probably more 30%-40% trainers now, than there were in the past. Jason Servis,this year at Belmont and Monmouth did things Oscar never came close to.

jay68802 07-21-2018 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz (Post 2344131)
I'm not sure Jack Van Berg was ever young. ;-)

Yes he was, he had grey hair and wore a cowboy hat.

MooseDog 07-24-2018 11:15 AM

Bob Baffert had grey hair and wore a cowboy hat when he was in his 30s training quarter horses.

Tom 07-24-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron (Post 2344327)
There are probably more 30%-40% trainers now, than there were in the past. Jason Servis,this year at Belmont and Monmouth did things Oscar never came close to.

Rudy Rodriguez is hitting 53% at Finger lakes.
I see Servis is in a slump now - he's down to 49%.:rolleyes: