Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Be Bullish, 9 year old warrior at 995k lifetime. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117078)

Stillriledup 09-21-2014 06:47 PM

Be Bullish, 9 year old warrior at 995k lifetime.

His next start, if he finishes 1st or 2nd, will probably vault him over the 1 million mark in what will be his 84th lifetime start.

He was claimed today by Mike Repole for 16k.

Be Bullish, the backbone of the sport. A shout out to a gallant warrior!

EMD4ME 09-21-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
His next start, if he finishes 1st or 2nd, will probably vault him over the 1 million mark in what will be his 84th lifetime start.

He was claimed today by Mike Repole for 16k.

Be Bullish, the backbone of the sport. A shout out to a gallant warrior!

Thank god he was claimed off of that blankety blank. Hopefully repole finds him a home.....

jk3521 09-21-2014 09:08 PM

The "take him,please " sign has been out for a while.
Jacobson has been probably scared (Blank)less for a while that the horse would break down on his watch and it would be hell to pay for him! I'm sure you could hear a loud sigh of relief coming from the barn after the race :)

cj 09-23-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Thank god he was claimed off of that blankety blank. Hopefully repole finds him a home.....

Agree 100%. It is a shame others have to basically pay off Jacobson to do the right thing.

thaskalos 09-23-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Agree 100%. It is a shame others have to basically pay off Jacobson to do the right thing.

And then Pandy corrects me when I say that Jacobson is garbage.

cj 09-23-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
And then Pandy corrects me when I say that Jacobson is garbage.

We all have our opinions. I judge Jacobson on what I see happen to many horses in his charge. I hear how great he treats them when in his barn, and that could very well be true. But they eventually drop, and drop, and drop, until they wind up at Suffolk or some other track running for 4k in a race for horses that haven't run in a year. Lots of ugly stories develop from there.

Call me a sap, but I think horse like Be Bullish deserve better treatment than that. All horses do, but particularly ones that have been warriors and won a lot of money like he has.

Stillriledup 09-23-2014 03:41 PM

Romancing the Gold dropped from NY 20/25s to Suffolk 4s yesterday, was off at 6-5, got the lead and stopped in the lane.

cutchemist42 09-23-2014 04:58 PM

I would have hated being a regular Suffolk handicapper dealing with the intentions of Jacobsen droppers......then again Im sure none had good odds so maybe a play against them is the default play.

nijinski 09-23-2014 06:59 PM

Good news going around. Cayambe was plucked from the bottom ranks
and goes back to a California rescue at age 10 thanks to his breeder Geri Forrester and others including Maggie Moss .

EMD4ME 09-29-2014 06:25 PM

Does anyone know what Repole will do with Be bullish?

nijinski 09-29-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know what Repole will do with Be bullish?

Tweets say he will evaluate him , then decide .

He's a courageous horse but obviously looks to stay at lower levels .
Pressure is on , hopefully retires from racing .

EMD4ME 09-29-2014 11:17 PM

He's a warrior. He deserves to retire. It amazes me he ran so well and never really learned to change leads in the lane. Was always on the wrong lead it seemed. Maybe it was a physical ailment he just ran through.... tough horse either way

Stillriledup 11-29-2014 03:08 AM

Quote:

He's a warrior. He deserves to retire. It amazes me he ran so well and never really learned to change leads in the lane. Was always on the wrong lead it seemed. Maybe it was a physical ailment he just ran through.... tough horse either way

I saw Bullish on the workout tab, a slow 4F work a week or so ago.

EMD4ME 11-29-2014 10:22 PM

That's not good.....DJ will get him killed, clock is ticking if DJ is in control.

Stillriledup 11-30-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

That's not good.....DJ will get him killed, clock is ticking if DJ is in control.

I think he was claimed by Repole so, as far as i know, Repole still owns the horse, i'm not sure who's training him at the moment.