Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How low can you go (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43933)

46zilzal 02-08-2008 01:51 PM

How low can you go

riskman 02-08-2008 02:24 PM

I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce. :confused:

Tom 02-08-2008 03:36 PM

I think there is no limit on how low terrosists can go, so thank goodness we have a guy here willing to do what it neccessary to protect innocent people from them.

Funny, I don't ever remember "Cliffy" here posting any outrage at all over beheadings, slavery, terror attacks, using mentally ill women as bombs.....very strange what he focuses on.

JustRalph 02-08-2008 05:30 PM

Compared to cutting off heads............? I see a lack of aggresion on our part.......we need to ramp it up

RaceBookJoe 02-08-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustRalph
Compared to cutting off heads............? I see a lack of aggresion on our part.......we need to ramp it up

No kidding, like a wise man once said " Everybody's got a plan....until you punch them in the mouth"

JustRalph 02-08-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaceBookJoe
No kidding, like a wise man once said " Everybody's got a plan....until you punch them in the mouth"

A wise man? That was Mike Tyson........ :lol: But it makes it no less accurate

King Ritchie 02-08-2008 11:53 PM

A Question for all you liberals.

While your at work your wife, 5 year old daughter, 2 year old son, your new baby girl, your parents are preparing a birthday party for you. Five Terrorists with hoods and all break into your house and capture your family. They then burry your entire family in a shallow grave with enough air to last 4 hours. When one of the terrorists makes a phone call for ransom he is captured by police while tracing the call. Now the question: To what extreme do you go to save your family?

PaceAdvantage 02-09-2008 02:36 AM

How low can I go? Well, I could vote for Hillary or Obama...that's about as low as I can go, I believe....

46zilzal 02-09-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Ritchie
While your at work your wife, 5 year old daughter, 2 year old son, your new baby girl, your parents are preparing a birthday party for you. Five Terrorists with hoods and all break into your house and capture your family. They then burry your entire family in a shallow grave with enough air to last 4 hours. When one of the terrorists makes a phone call for ransom he is captured by police while tracing the call. Now the question: To what extreme do you go to save your family?

You have terrorists in your neighborhood? Strange.

GaryG 02-09-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal
You have terrorists in your neighborhood? Strange.

Not that strange.....you may have some in yours.

hcap 02-09-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Ritchie

Replace the words "Five Terrorists" with "Five Criminals" and it is a familiar police situation. What would professional Police departments do?

Forms of coercion are necessary in desperate situations. When the government engages in forms already deemed against the law, at least transparency and oversight is required. Many times situations are no where near as desperate as you portray, and many times the forms are illegal. It would be nice to know how many times the administration broke the law on their claim of "the means justifies the ends".

Before you cite Rare and EXTREME situations to justify your EXTREME argument be aware of the civil rights slipery slope you are accepting.

shanta 02-09-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcap
Before you cite Rare and EXTREME situations to justify your EXTREME argument be aware of the civil rights slipery slope you are accepting.

If KR's situation played out there are NO civil rights for the abductor. He's just forfeited all of them.

Torture,drugging,maiming are all now in play and fully justifiable in my book.

ljb 02-09-2008 11:18 AM

Kr,
Your paranoia is not becoming of you. And then, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not really out to get you. :D :D :D

JustRalph 02-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcap
Replace the words "Five Terrorists" with "Five Criminals" and it is a familiar police situation.

Familiar? Where? Maybe in Detroit. In certain neighborhoods. Almost never in most areas. Home invasions occur regular now. But almost never are the bad guys still there when the police arrive. And most home invasions are drug related.

Tom 02-09-2008 05:22 PM

Whatever it takes. No matter who the bad guy is. Operative word here is bad.
At some point, the "presumption" of innocence is just plain ridiculous. We are far to easy on criminals in this country.

I read an article in the Post today - a cop killer from 1973 is getting out. Funny, the cop is still dead.