Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lisa's Boobytrap (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73293)

bushwick 07-24-2010 09:45 AM

Lisa's Boobytrap

Just heard the connections came to their senses and realized they were in over their heads and scratched.

lamboguy 07-24-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bushwick
Just heard the connections came to their senses and realized they were in over their heads and scratched.

that is one of the best things i have ever heard. i actually have a smile on my face now!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

PhantomOnTour 07-24-2010 10:01 AM

Nice filly though, but her figs have gotten slower as she keeps winning. I wanted her in the field to push the pace (which she surely would have done). Maybe a NG Stks race is the best option for her. She's been impressive though, albeit in short fields against the same foes.
Connie And Michael looks like the speed in here now as I think she'll outsprint Absinthe Minded.

BELMONT 6-6-09 07-24-2010 10:37 AM

Gotta wish this man good luck turning down the $500k offer for the horse...right or wrong down the road he stans on principles.

cj 07-24-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09
Gotta wish this man good luck turning down the $500k offer for the horse...right or wrong down the road he stans on principles.

What principle is that? Insanity?

I'm not sure I believe anyone offered that much for the horse.

onefast99 07-24-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
What principle is that? Insanity?

I'm not sure I believe anyone offered that much for the horse.

They did an interview with the owner and trainer and there was an offer of 500k after the last win. 50k after the first win.

cj 07-24-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onefast99
They did an interview with the owner and trainer and there was an offer of 500k after the last win. 50k after the first win.

I know that, but you and I both know those "offers" aren't always true. Maybe it was, but there is no proof. Many say those things to drive up the price.

rrbauer 07-24-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
I know that, but you and I both know those "offers" aren't always true. Maybe it was, but there is no proof. Many say those things to drive up the price.

No proof either way, CJ. Why piss on the guy's story? That said, glad they took her out. Easier spots than this one even at Saratoga.

cj 07-24-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrbauer
No proof either way, CJ. Why piss on the guy's story? That said, glad they took her out. Easier spots than this one even at Saratoga.

Because with no real facts it isn't a story. I could tell people I was offered 2 mil for my house and decided not to sell, but that doesn't make it true.

lamboguy 07-24-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj

the same english guy calls me everytime i got a first timer that wins and tries to steal the horse. he is from kentucky, a bloodstock agent

InsideThePylons-MW 07-24-2010 02:28 PM

The person that offered the 500K for the horse is temporarily the dumbest human on the planet. When the offer is rejected, that person now wears the crown and you have a ice-cold exacta.

If there was no offer, the person making up the offer and then saying he turned it down is the undisputed dumbest human on planet. At that point, racetrack management or a racing orginization will seek him out and hire him immediately.

FantasticDan 07-24-2010 09:01 PM

I think the track being so muddy in the early morning, combined with the threat of more storms with all the heat and humidity was the reason for the scratch more so than "coming to their senses."

For those that didn't see the TVG story, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSSPtd33_8

BetHorses! 07-24-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Because with no real facts it isn't a story. I could tell people I was offered 2 mil for my house and decided not to sell, but that doesn't make it true.

I was the one that offered cj the 2 mil but the PF formula had to stay with the house :)

Tape Reader 07-24-2010 11:15 PM

joanied,

Where are you?

The soul of this thread has been lost.

cj 07-25-2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsideThePylons-MW
The person that offered the 500K for the horse is temporarily the dumbest human on the planet. When the offer is rejected, that person now wears the crown and you have a ice-cold exacta.

If there was no offer, the person making up the offer and then saying he turned it down is the undisputed dumbest human on planet. At that point, racetrack management or a racing orginization will seek him out and hire him immediately.

this is the funniest stuff (because it is so accurate!) I have seen in a long time.