Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite Racetrack to Spend the Day (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10197)

BlueChip@DRF 07-22-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryOldMan
At this point maybe we should turn it into how many of the 9 you've been to; I've only seen 5 of the 9 and there are people on this board who've seen it all.

Enjoyed all 5 I attended (Belmont, Del Mar, Santa Anita, Gulfstream, Monmouth) but put me down as Belmont, only because that is where I attended the best race I've ever seen live.

June 10, 1978, right? :)

VeryOldMan 07-22-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
June 10, 1978, right? :)

June 11, 1977 :)

EMD4ME 07-22-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILovetheInner
Ok fine....then I will be the only. What a SHOCK, lol! Mine is the inner. I know part of that is imprinting. Grew up with a summer home in the Adirondacks, so going to Saratoga was being away from that. And always felt so darned hot compared to my mountain paradise. Yes, I complained, and the folks were appalled. Belmont was grand, but I always felt pooped by the finale having to cover so much more ground. The inner was a unique experience, where there were lots of, erm, "characters" and always was my fascination. You were there because you loved racing or just were a degenerate down on their luck, but could be observed safely in most instances. I got flashed there once, but it was a cool story to bring back :D The interplay between Cordero and the railbirds, love or hate, was always at its best there.

I too love the inner. Sadly, NYRA and resorts world shitino , decided they would tear down the grandstand. I was 6 years old when I stood by the finish line of the third floor grandstand. It was the best view of any horse track in north America. Now, the only people who can watch a race at aqueduct with a good view are the insanely stupid video game/slot players who go out for a cigarette and by accident realize there's a circle in front of them with horsies running around.

Pathetic.

appistappis 07-23-2014 12:40 AM

1 ft erie
2 gulfstream
3 saratoga

tanner12oz 07-23-2014 10:04 AM

keeneland

coastkid 07-23-2014 11:31 AM

FG (Pre-CDI)

Fair Grounds was my favortite track until CDI took over, Keeneland is now my favorite track to spend the day.

wisconsin 07-23-2014 07:54 PM

The best tracks are not always the ones you think of. The most fun I have recently had a track was Columbus races in Nebraska last year. Noisy, lively crowd, just one hell of a fun evening.

biggestal99 07-25-2014 01:12 PM

Saratoga was the best, now too many people.

Monmouth on a non-haskell day tops the list now.

Allan

FrankieFigs 07-25-2014 03:02 PM

I always have a great time at Kentucky Downs during their live meet. Hanging out down by the finish line and paddock area is great. Also watching the last 2 races of the day go down the hill and into the turn as the sun sets is a beautiful sight. Good times there for many years.

AfleetAlex 07-25-2014 04:26 PM

Keeneland! :ThmbUp:

Redboard 07-25-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggestal99

Monmouth on a non-haskell day tops the list now.

Allan

I was at the SPA today sitting in clubhouse seats. They were 3/4 empty. Attendance is on the decline ovef the last ten years.

Ocala Mike 07-26-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggestal99

"Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

Sorry, couldn't help it!

Tom 07-26-2014 04:51 PM

Finger Lakes is the most comfortable track I have ever been to.
Lots of good places to sit, plenty of table, and no matter where yo are, you have a good view of the entire track.

Toga is by far the most uncomfortable place I was ever at, including airports for overnight layovers. The only place you could see the whole race was on a TV, and the last two times I was there, they all wore pink cloths. I never went back and never will.

cj 11-18-2020 11:40 AM

This poll is obviously very old, I voted Monmouth way back when. I'd probably change that to Oaklawn now.

I'd go this as my top 5:

Oaklawn
Del Mar
Saratoga
Monmouth
Remington

(I have yet to make it to Keeneland)

lamboguy 11-18-2020 11:47 AM

i am going with Oaklawn myself (i like them because they don't have computer wagering picking the place apart and they deserve to be supported)