Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Censorship/Editing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68158)

turfbar 03-25-2010 10:20 AM

Censorship/Editing

It's amazing what kind of censorship exists here.

Truly ,

Turfbar

BillW 03-25-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfbar

Truly ,

Turfbar

we would appreciate examples

PaceAdvantage 03-25-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Truly ,

Turfbar

Amazing? How dramatic of you...

We've been able to run a successful message board for 10+ years because we don't tolerate total bullshit (only partial bullshit :lol: ) or totally repetitive, or totally off-topic, or totally personal posts/threads...

If you feel something was edited and/or removed that requires reexamination, please feel free to discuss its merits. Often times, stuff isn't completely removed...it is placed in a sort of "thread purgatory," so whatever it was that you found so amazing, perhaps you can convince us to reinstate it as it likely is still available.

With all that said, I would be curious to see what you consider "Amazing Censorship." Something tells me it's not going to be all that amazing after all.

Greyfox 03-25-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Truly ,

Turfbar

Did you extract from the above Turfbar? It seems to be lacking meat on its bones.

cj 03-25-2010 11:03 AM

I'm curious to hear what was censored.

PaceAdvantage 03-25-2010 11:11 AM

My guess is it's the thread CWD started about TLG...but I could be wrong...after all, there is "amazing" censorship around here, so it could be anything...

46zilzal 03-25-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillW
we would appreciate examples

How can people show examples of things already deleted?

andymays 03-25-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Truly ,

Turfbar

Respectfully disagree turfbar.

If anything they go out of their way to let stuff stand on it's own.

The responsibility and the liability is all on them so when there is a dispute sometimes there is a history to the dispute that we aren't aware of. That can make a big difference.

I'm sure I've had a couple threads locked or something I've said deleted but if they think it's in the best interest of the board then it's their call.

Just my 2 cents! ;)

Zippy Chippy 03-25-2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymays
Respectfully disagree turfbar.

If anything they go out of their way to let stuff stand on it's own.

The responsibility and the liability is all on them so when there is a dispute sometimes there is a history to the dispute that we aren't aware of. That can make a big difference.

I'm sure I've had a couple threads locked or something I've said deleted but if they think it's in the best interest of the board then it's their call.

Just my 2 cents! ;)

+1

one of the reasons i love this site

fast4522 03-25-2010 11:43 AM

"Amazing Censorship"

I can not agree with that because I feel I have expressed some on the edge but not quite on the cusp remarks using words like filth, and vermin and marketeers.

To the credit of this administrator, such is in the context of the expression and was left alone. This BBS has become the melting pot for many ideas of thought and it is because of a even hand by the administrator that the BBS has grown in popularity. As the say in New England "cool beans man!".

Deepsix 03-25-2010 11:59 AM

Not a case of 'censorship' (I don't believe), and no devious accusations, BUT...

There was a thread started last evening concerning the California Marketing Committee and reference to $32m. The OP had few facts/knowledge but the post seemed to be of an accusatory tone. I searched the organization and found/posted a couple links and while further searching the topic of just how much money was distributed to/from the organization I returned to the topic within about 7-8 minutes and discovered that it had disappeared. No biggie as far as I was concerned, and I did learn about the CMC organization, however I was unsure of why the thread was deleted. I assumed that it was just a ragged topic and you thought it best to drop it. I have no interest in resurrecting that thread-- I'm just using it as an example.

In a case like that maybe just editing the undesirable portion, or saying why the topic disappeared would have been helpful since I was scratching my head as to where the thread went. lol My brief experience is that the board/moderators seem to operate a pretty open and tolerant board.

turfnsport 03-25-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andymays

I'm hearing noise out of California that the CHRB is about to mandate all of the threads Andy starts locked.

andymays 03-25-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turfnsport
I'm hearing noise out of California that the CHRB is about to mandate all of the threads Andy starts locked.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit! ;) :lol:

chickenhead 03-25-2010 12:23 PM

I write a lot of what seems like really smart and insightful stuff at the time -- but whenever I run across old posts of mine I cringe because they read like crazy nonsense.

I have long suspected tampering by that BillW guy.

PaceAdvantage 03-25-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepsix
Not a case of 'censorship' (I don't believe), and no devious accusations, BUT...

There was a thread started last evening concerning the California Marketing Committee and reference to $32m. The OP had few facts/knowledge but the post seemed to be of an accusatory tone. I searched the organization and found/posted a couple links and while further searching the topic of just how much money was distributed to/from the organization I returned to the topic within about 7-8 minutes and discovered that it had disappeared. No biggie as far as I was concerned, and I did learn about the CMC organization, however I was unsure of why the thread was deleted. I assumed that it was just a ragged topic and you thought it best to drop it. I have no interest in resurrecting that thread-- I'm just using it as an example.

In a case like that maybe just editing the undesirable portion, or saying why the topic disappeared would have been helpful since I was scratching my head as to where the thread went. lol My brief experience is that the board/moderators seem to operate a pretty open and tolerant board.

The originator of that thread in question requested that it be removed. I almost always respect a request of deletion if it's made by the author himself.