Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   i told you guys Paulick is sharp (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108419)

lamboguy 11-14-2013 01:23 PM

i told you guys Paulick is sharp

1st time lasix 11-14-2013 01:56 PM

maybe they just need to have Jamie Ness fess up

Pensacola Pete 11-14-2013 03:06 PM

Ness isn't the only one. How many 30% or higher trainers do we have out there? 100? 500?

maclr11 11-14-2013 03:12 PM

I wouldn't think this is what Ness is doing
From what I've read and from conversations with people who should know it wouldn't work on 100% of the horses.
Ness and a few of those guys move up every horse, I think there is more to that than demorphin. For as much as a problem demorphin is, I don't think it's the be all end all to what cheaters are using.

Stillriledup 11-14-2013 04:23 PM

Thank god for Paulick, seriously, if Ray decided to retire from this, there would be a HUGE void in the game.

Segwin 11-14-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy

That actually is very sad - for the horse, jockey & last but not least the betting public. It seems so stone age.

If it were baseball there would be congressional hearings however this doesn't produce a ping on the radar.

thaskalos 11-14-2013 05:42 PM

As the trainers are busy looking for ways to increase the horses' "locomotion" through the use of illegal (and undetectable) drugs...the horseplayers better get busy too -- looking for another game to play.

Stillriledup 11-14-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos
As the trainers are busy looking for ways to increase the horses' "locomotion" through the use of illegal (and undetectable) drugs...the horseplayers better get busy too -- looking for another game to play.

Isnt there other ways to "stop" people who "win too much" other than going thru legal channels with doped blood and tainted urine? How about racing secretaries writing races only eligible for trainers who have less than a 20% winning percentage at that current meet? This way, owners and trainer who rarely win actually have some shot.

olddaddy 11-14-2013 05:59 PM

Any horse player that has been around awhile and has had his eyes and ears open knows this kinda stuff has been going on forever. Its always been viewed as part of the game, this stuff doesnt make horse players find a different game to play.

Stillriledup 11-14-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olddaddy
Any horse player that has been around awhile and has had his eyes and ears open knows this kinda stuff has been going on forever. Its always been viewed as part of the game, this stuff doesnt make horse players find a different game to play.

They write into the conditions of some claiming races "winners of a race in the last 1 year, ineligible" so, in other words, they give horses who don't win a better shot to win and not stick them with hard knocking claimers who won tons of races. They need to do this with trainers, if you win 20 percent, they need to write some races where these trainers are not eligible. Not all, just a few, to give the smaller barns a shot, the smaller barns need a shot to stay afloat, we need the smaller owners to stay in the game, they need to write races so that certain trainers don't win every dollar there is to win.

Mineshaft 11-14-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Isnt there other ways to "stop" people who "win too much" other than going thru legal channels with doped blood and tainted urine? How about racing secretaries writing races only eligible for trainers who have less than a 20% winning percentage at that current meet? This way, owners and trainer who rarely win actually have some shot.

Trainers who don't win, usually theres a reason they don't win. I can point out 30 trainers down here who don't have a freakin clue what a horse is yet they have a license. And you want the racing secretary to write them a race? Makes no sense.

Stillriledup 11-14-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mineshaft
Trainers who don't win, usually theres a reason they don't win. I can point out 30 trainers down here who don't have a freakin clue what a horse is yet they have a license. And you want the racing secretary to write them a race? Makes no sense.

Them "not having a clue" has to do with the other trainers having a clue...or, cheating. If nobody cheated, the clueless would win their share, you know, if they had an ok horse. They reason the clueless lose, is because they're being outdrugged by the cheaters, i'm trying to get an "oats and hay" type of event.

You would bet on the "under 20% trainers race" right?

johnhannibalsmith 11-14-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

This has been asked (by you) and answered before (with my cynical opinion). Your solution just opens the door for a new layer of deceit. I suspect you'd see an "uptick" (I hate that counterfeit word, but it works here) in bills of sale and trainer transfers.

Mineshaft 11-14-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Them "not having a clue" has to do with the other trainers having a clue...or, cheating. If nobody cheated, the clueless would win their share, you know, if they had an ok horse. They reason the clueless lose, is because they're being outdrugged by the cheaters, i'm trying to get an "oats and hay" type of event.

You would bet on the "under 20% trainers race" right?

It don't matter to me what trainer is in the race I bet accordingly. Super trainer or not, it does not interfere with my betting.

And if nobody cheated the clueless still would not win there share. There are some clueless trainers out there you just have to know who they are and how they operate. Some of these trainers send the horse out to gallop every day and then work on Saturday. Some trainers don't feed alfalfa. Some trainers just enter the horse and don't care what kind of race it is.

Stillriledup 11-14-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
This has been asked (by you) and answered before (with my cynical opinion). Your solution just opens the door for a new layer of deceit. I suspect you'd see an "uptick" (I hate that counterfeit word, but it works here) in bills of sale and trainer transfers.

You could make any horse ineligible who has had a trainer transfer (that was not via claim) in the last month or two. Problem solved? :)

You could also make any owner ineligible who has won X percent...that way, they would have to be doing all sorts of shenanigans to get into the very small percentage of races that i would write as "under 20% only". Im not saying write half the races, i'm saying write one race a night or one race every 2 nights that's not eligible to the cheaters...unless you want more, i can see what i can do!