Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Published Speed Figures (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75134)

douglasw32 09-10-2010 07:03 PM

Published Speed Figures

Help me out... if you were going to purchase speed figures what provider ?

I would like to keep it as cheap as possible, please give me your 2 cents on who is better than who out there when it comes to just getting the speed figure right ?

completebill 09-10-2010 07:33 PM

While I haven't purchased it in years, my previous experience was that the adjusted fractional and final times published in Todays Racing Digest ere EXTREMELY good.

I don't know whether the figures generated by Jim Cramer at Handicappers Data Warehouse are available as a stand-alone product, but they are just SUPERIOR. They are included in the data supplied to several of the major handicapping programs, including HTR and HSH

riskman 09-10-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by completebill
While I haven't purchased it in years, my previous experience was that the adjusted fractional and final times published in Todays Racing Digest ere EXTREMELY good.

I don't know whether the figures generated by Jim Cramer at Handicappers Data Warehouse are available as a stand-alone product, but they are just SUPERIOR. They are included in the data supplied to several of the major handicapping programs, including HTR and HSH

I use HDW figures and have for a long time.

46zilzal 09-10-2010 07:46 PM

I get data from one of these no speed figures

Skanoochies 09-10-2010 08:49 PM

Why isn`t C.J. on the list. I hear he is as good as any? :confused:

Cardus 09-10-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanoochies

Echo.

douglasw32 09-10-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanoochies

I thought the BUY in was limited ?

Fingal 09-10-2010 09:18 PM

To use as a stand alone number after selecting the contenders, I'd go for Today's Racing Digest followed by BRIS.

exiles 09-10-2010 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=douglasw32]Help me out... if you were going to purchase speed figures what provider ?

I would like to keep it as cheap as possible, please give me your 2 cents on who is better than who out there when it comes to just getting the speed figure right ?[/QUOTE
T

IMO The RAGOZINS have no equal but they are very expensive. As for the worst BRIS by a lot.

bisket 09-10-2010 10:43 PM

take one piece of advise from da bisket. before you begin to use any speed figures make sure to fully acquaint yourself with the formula used to arrive at a figure. if the formula isn't provided don't use it. to properly use speed figures in your own handicapping you need to make sure you aren't taking something into consideration that the figure has already accounted for. you also may have a differing opinion than the figure maker on that one particular point or not agree with weight the figure maker gives this particular piece of information. the figure maker could consider one length behind the pace leader a stalker and you feel a 1/2 length denotes a stalker.....etc. you have to know how a figure is made to properly put it into your routine.

Tom 09-10-2010 11:17 PM

CJ is number one, but, like you say, limited distribution. The best, and the cheapest. Go figure!

Frankly, if you don't want to spend a C note or better a month for Crammer figures, the Beyers are the best of the rest. Speed Figures.com is limited to California, but very good Quirin style numbers.

Robert Goren 09-10-2010 11:43 PM

At one time Kruk was as good as it got. The last few years John put them out they were a little lacking. CJ's is about as good as they get these days. I do not know anything about Cramer's. Rogozin is not really what I would call a speed figure like Beyers. They all have problems, some more than others. The main gripe I have is that you know how much faith to put a single races and or days rating. The rating makers would improve their product if they rated rating. Say a 5 for we think this number pretty close to right to a 1 for we have a lot of doubts about this number. All that said Beyers are pretty good at the big league tracks especially on races ran on a Saturday. For small tracks, I don't trust antibody's very far. JMO

Gapfire 09-11-2010 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
CJ is number one, but, like you say, limited distribution. The best, and the cheapest. Go figure!

Frankly, if you don't want to spend a C note or better a month for Crammer figures, the Beyers are the best of the rest. Speed Figures.com is limited to California, but very good Quirin style numbers.

With all due respect, I think gapfire's are just as good, and we are priced more competitively than the others.

Gapfire 09-11-2010 01:59 AM

I think most of these services put out good figures. It would also be very hard to say who the best is unless you played a ton of races with all of them.

Capper Al 09-11-2010 07:31 AM

I adjust BRIS speed figures. My research has shown that most of these vary a lot from race to race but tend to overall win at the same rate in the long run. The trick might be to know whose speed figure to use for a race type rather than commit to one single source overall.