Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Romney Keeps on Winning (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91377)

Frank DeMartini 02-06-2012 02:23 PM

Romney Keeps on Winning

TJDave 02-06-2012 04:48 PM

Eveready Bunny

Keeps on winning. He's got a whopping 100 delegates, or so...Impressive :rolleyes:

I will continue to support his competition.

bigmack 02-06-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave
I will continue to support his competition.

Not unlike 'supporting' Paula J in this bout.

Me? My money's on Romney & Tonya.

[YT="Hit her in the knee"]m91HH9gxXrI[/YT]

canleakid 02-06-2012 06:38 PM

we are down to the final two (sorry rick and ron) so it's the "morman" vs. the "polygamist". Mitt will win, like most of us knew way back when, even if we do not really like him but we got to go with what we got. The tea bunch :D were and still are just a bunch of wannabes. It will be a hard fight to win back the White House, but we got a shot!!!!!

Tom 02-06-2012 07:52 PM

Who is the polygamist?
Do you know what the word means?

canleakid 02-07-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Who is the polygamist?

Yes I do,how 'bout YOU :confused:
here I will even spell it for you (google) political satire, if you plan to to smack, try to understand it too ;)

Robert Goren 02-07-2012 10:48 AM

Newt converted to Catholicism in 2009. A friend of mine who did the same had to go through process of getting his previous marriage annulled by the the Catholic Church before his current marriage was recognised by the Church. I have no idea if Newt has done this, but he has not, I could see how some Catholics might see him as a polygamist. I do not, but I am not Catholic either.

PaceAdvantage 02-07-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
I have no idea if Newt has done this, but he has not, I could see how some Catholics might see him as a polygamist. I do not, but I am not Catholic either.

WHAT? He wouldn't be seen as a polygamist... :lol:

Where do you come up with this stuff? :lol:

bigmack 02-07-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Where do you come up with this stuff?

Hypocrisy knows no bounds on the airwaves of National Public Radio, as their Minnesota-based star Garrison Keillor led off his latest edition of “A Prairie Home Companion” by mocking the GOP frontrunners as “the Mormon running against the polygamist.” This is a rich dig coming from Keillor, since he has been married three times – just as many times as Newt Gingrich.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...ich-polygamist

elysiantraveller 02-07-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Newt converted to Catholicism in 2009. A friend of mine who did the same had to go through process of getting his previous marriage annulled by the the Catholic Church before his current marriage was recognised by the Church. I have no idea if Newt has done this, but he has not, I could see how some Catholics might see him as a polygamist. I do not, but I am not Catholic either.

His previous marriages were not recognized by the church so no they do not have to be annulled. If he were to re-marry now it would have to be.

TJDave 02-07-2012 03:22 PM

Vocabulary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Who is the polygamist?

Here are more words. Do you know what they mean?

Proxy Baptism

Endowment

Sealing

Second Anointing

Tom 02-07-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave
Here are more words. Do you know what they mean?

Proxy Baptism

Endowment

Sealing

Second Anointing

I do, but what does that have to do with the topic being discussed here?
Are you participating randomly?

TJDave 02-07-2012 03:41 PM

Crux of the matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
what does that have to do with the topic being discussed here?

You have a valid point.

I also believe that Mitt Romney would not want it part of any discussion anywhere, at anytime. ;)

canleakid 02-11-2012 09:42 PM

Mitty on a roll

GOP front-runner Mitt Romney won Maine's Republican presidential caucuses with 39 percent of the vote, breaking a three-state losing streak by besting libertarian-leaning Ron Paul, who finished a close second with 36 percent.

Romney had 2,190 total votes, while Paul got 1,996. Rick Santorum finished third with 18 percent (989 votes). Newt Gingrich was fourth with 6 percent (349 votes0

Mitt Romney has won a straw poll of Republican voters at the American Conservative Union's annual CPAC conference in Washington.

Romney received 38 percent of Saturday's vote on the final day of the Conservative Political Action Conference, followed by Rick Santorum, who garnered 31 percent Newt Gingrich came in third place with 15 percent of the straw poll vote. Rep. Ron Paul won just 12 percent support

and yes silly sarha was there :D eye candy :confused:

jognlope 02-12-2012 10:34 AM

Watch Santorum on MTP this morning, he's very confident, not nerdy like Romney, and speaks intelligently like about how the feminists denigraded women's traditional role as being not good enough.

Rookies 02-12-2012 10:53 AM

Well, you never know with Eye of Newt. He might have more than 9 creepy lives!:lol:

As for Rick, you go boy! Defeat that Mor-(m)an and cinch the deal for the President!

Robert Goren 02-12-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canleakid
Mitty on a roll

GOP front-runner Mitt Romney won Maine's Republican presidential caucuses with 39 percent of the vote, breaking a three-state losing streak by besting libertarian-leaning Ron Paul, who finished a close second with 36 percent.

Romney had 2,190 total votes, while Paul got 1,996. Rick Santorum finished third with 18 percent (989 votes). Newt Gingrich was fourth with 6 percent (349 votes0

Mitt Romney has won a straw poll of Republican voters at the American Conservative Union's annual CPAC conference in Washington.

Romney received 38 percent of Saturday's vote on the final day of the Conservative Political Action Conference, followed by Rick Santorum, who garnered 31 percent Newt Gingrich came in third place with 15 percent of the straw poll vote. Rep. Ron Paul won just 12 percent support

and yes silly sarha was there :D eye candy :confused:

There was more ballot cast in the CPAC poll than in Maine. If there had a none of the above, I think it would have beat Romney in both places.

Robert Goren 02-12-2012 11:04 AM

Did I miss them or was Sarah the only woman at CPAC? Whenever they showed the crowd, I don't remember see a woman among them.

lamboguy 02-12-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Did I miss them or was Sarah the only woman at CPAC? Whenever they showed the crowd, I don't remember see a woman among them.

I think that MICHELLE BACHMAN spoke, she was actually somewhat funny for once. she said that if you want to become president you had to know the birthday of ELVIS PRESLEY

jognlope 02-12-2012 01:09 PM

I heard her complaining about chrony capitalism in DC and saying it was Obama's fault, figured it was a waste of time to listen any further.

bigmack 02-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookies
Defeat that Mor-(m)an and cinch the deal for the President!

Clever. For a bigot.

Tom 02-12-2012 03:34 PM

Slow day in Canada?
The bigots are out for a drive.

PaceAdvantage 02-13-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmack
Clever. For a bigot.

Yup, replace "Mor-(m)an" with "Muslim" or "Jew" and watch all hell break loose...but somehow, it's ok because he's Morman. :rolleyes:

EvenSteven 02-13-2012 06:08 PM

Follow the Money...

Valuist 02-13-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
Slow day in Canada?
The bigots are out for a drive.

Slow days are the only kind of day in Hoserland.

reckless 02-13-2012 11:27 PM

Not so fast on resurrecting Romney's failing campaign.

Since the start of this campaign last year we've been told the following by both the elite media and the GOP establishment:

(1) that Mitt Romney is the presumptive de-facto GOP nominee; there's no denying this;

(2) that said Romney is a conservative;

(3) that Mittens is the *only* candidate capable of beating Obama.

As of today what do most of us now know so far?

1-Romney is not the de-facto GOP nominee and his chances are weakening by the day;

2-Romney is *not* a conservative (as most conservatives have known already);

3-Romney has proven to be the one candidate that is the most unlikely to defeat Obama come fall.

Santorum has won Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri and Colorado. Rick thumped Romney in all three latter states, two of them won by Mittens in 2008!

He is also leading in Michigan by a very large margin, a state that was 'presumed' to be a Romney 'lock'.

Romney won an open primary in New Hampshire, won a caucus in Nevada and took a closed primary in Florida, plus an insignificant caucus in neighboring Maine the other night. He got a lower percentage of votes in all four states he won than last time. Even in Florida where he spent about $15+ million in negative ads against Gingrich he underperformed. Heck, both Santorum and Ron Paul didn't even campaign much in Florida.

In South Carolina, Mitt was leading in the polls up to a week or so before the debates that carried Newt to his lone moment in the sun.

The C-Pac straw poll win by Mitt was a joke too, with the Romney camp buying piles of tickets and having those supporters vote for Mitt. Not illegal at all but conservatives are onto this game and it only reinforces their disdain for him.

Yes, the GOP establishment could eventually carry Romney through all this, but I personally doubt it. The citizens won't let the GOP establishment or media tell us who the nominee will be.

A big loss in home state Michigan will probably doom the Romney run for good. It might help a Jeb Bush push come convention time so Santorum is far from a lock as well. But Romney is toast and it's a matter of time.

And, if Gingrich drops out completely before Super Tuesday, then Santorum gets just about all his supporters and this race might really be over. Hard to believe, but Santorum is looking great right now and poor Mitt, well the clock is ticking.

NJ Stinks 02-14-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reckless
Not so fast on resurrecting Romney's failing campaign.

Sounds like an Obama over the field exacta wheel is the play. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph 02-14-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jognlope
I heard her complaining about chrony capitalism in DC and saying it was Obama's fault, figured it was a waste of time to listen any further.

Never heard of Solyndra huh?

johnhannibalsmith 02-14-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Sounds like an Obama over the field exacta wheel is the play. :ThmbUp:

Careful Grunder... :lol:

NJ Stinks 02-14-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Careful Grunder... :lol:

In all sincerity, when Richard says "in the first at Tampa" I almost always regret not being at Tampa Bay that day for the card. For me, it wouldn't feel right if Grunder wasn't on the mic.

Surprisingly enough, I'm still waiting to connect with Romney. Maybe I'll ask Mack who he likes. ;)

newtothegame 02-14-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
In all sincerity, when Richard says "in the first at Tampa" I almost always regret not being at Tampa Bay that day for the card. For me, it wouldn't feel right if Grunder wasn't on the mic.

Surprisingly enough, I'm still waiting to connect with Romney. Maybe I'll ask Mack who he likes. ;)

Becareful NJ, you might get a picture of the family as well lol :lol:

PaceAdvantage 02-14-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reckless
A big loss in home state Michigan will probably doom the Romney run for good. It might help a Jeb Bush push come convention time so Santorum is far from a lock as well. But Romney is toast and it's a matter of time.

Jeb Bush? BUSH? Are you joking?

We might not have had that 100 years of Democrat rule that was promised us after the GOP got that ass-kicking back in 2006 and 2008, but it might just be 100 years until another BUSH has a snowball's chance in hell at the White House.

And as for "President Santorum...."

Well, it just has an odd ring to it...so I'm guessing it will never happen... :lol:

Robert Goren 02-14-2012 05:29 AM

The fact that anyone is even mentioning Jeb Bush's name shows desperate the GOP is for viable national candidates.

Robert Goren 02-14-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
I think that MICHELLE BACHMAN spoke, she was actually somewhat funny for once. she said that if you want to become president you had to know the birthday of ELVIS PRESLEY

So they had two women at CPAC and both were speakers. Humm........ It reminds me of why I became a democrat way back when. I was elect to local GOP county convention. They served Koolade and cookies. The Democrats served beer and pizza at theirs. I know they were more my type of people.

newtothegame 02-14-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

So they had two women at CPAC and both were speakers. Humm........ It reminds me of why I became a democrat way back when. I was elect to local GOP county convention. They served Koolade and cookies. The Democrats served beer and pizza at theirs. I know they were more my type of people.

Now I could be reading this qwrong, hopefully, but if I didn't know any better that could be construed as....nahhh it couldn't be.
Would it be safe to say Robert, that for your money, women should be home, barefoot, and in the kitchen??? :lol:

reckless 02-14-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Jeb Bush? BUSH? Are you joking?

We might not have had that 100 years of Democrat rule that was promised us after the GOP got that ass-kicking back in 2006 and 2008, but it might just be 100 years until another BUSH has a snowball's chance in hell at the White House.

And as for "President Santorum...."

Well, it just has an odd ring to it...so I'm guessing it will never happen... :lol:

Not that my opinion matters but I do not want another Bushie in the White House.

I say Jeb Bush only because the GOP establishment is all-in at the moment for Mittens Romney, but he's proven to be a dud and a liberal -- which spells disaster in the November election. A Michigan primary loss will have the establishment GOP guys getting agita, you can bet.

Jeb Bush is Plan B for Tampa, especially if one candidate does not win the necessary delegates going into the convention. The so-called broken convention scenario. Look, imho, if Bush hadn't mssed all the state primary filing deadlines (since Romney was the guy) who is to say he wouldn't have thrown in his hat after South Carolina?

Didn't you find it odd that Jeb never endorsed Romney in the Fla. primary despite the Fla. state GOP establishment total embrace of Mitt? Pappy Bush's nod for Mitt was also cursory at best too.

reckless 02-14-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

The fact that anyone is even mentioning Jeb Bush's name shows desperate the GOP is for viable national candidates.

Jeb Bush is a relatively far-fetched idea at this point, yes, but Robert, the GOP establishment is at wit's end right now, especially going nuts these past few weeks or so with Rick Santorum surging.

Romney has been the GOP house guy since the day after Obama beat McCain. But their big problem is that the people -- you know who, those pagans in pitch forks -- are totally rejecting both the swishy liberal Romney and those GOP suits in Washington.

Unless Santorum, or the less likely, Newt, wins an unstoppable amount of delegates, hell breaks loose in Tampa in a 'broken convention' scenario.

Jeb Bush appeals to those that feel that the GOP needs to win Florida more so than Pennsylvania. Also, too many Rockefeller Republican elite types feel that Santorum is too far-right for their cocktail party chatter. This makes it hard for Rick in Tampa if he doesn't have an overwhelming amount of delegates.

Bush is truly conservative enough to fend off the righties. Also, Bush's conservative bona fides are much more believable than that of that 'severe conservative', Mittens.

Not that it matters, while I don't endorse Bush, he is a safe compromise for both the GOP establishment and the conservative base.

One thing seems sure: there's now a total rejection of Mitt and a loss in Michigan, which is very likely, makes him toast, Super Tuesday or not.

Tom 02-14-2012 07:52 AM

Whoever wins the Apprentice will be Truimp's running mate.
Trump and Teutul....I can see it now.

canleakid 02-14-2012 08:07 AM

a lot of folks in the North Dallas watering holes like Mitty :confused:

Robert Goren 02-14-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtothegame
Now I could be reading this qwrong, hopefully, but if I didn't know any better that could be construed as....nahhh it couldn't be.
Would it be safe to say Robert, that for your money, women should be home, barefoot, and in the kitchen??? :lol:

Not what I said and you know it. I just wandering where all the women were. They weren't on TV in any of the crowd shots I saw. The only 2 I know for sure that were there were paid to be there. I got to wonder why so few women would go to a big conservative event like CPAC.