Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rich Strike? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170443)

Fightingirish51195 05-17-2022 01:25 AM

Skippy long stocking:

Has RAN sire line.(lacks 95 beyer mentioned in Stanley’s article)

Has Buckpasser in x passing position

Has Strong conduit mare in tail female line.

Fast final fractions in the wood. Tried to close wide on a day where that wasn’t working. Ran a nice even race.

If you like the other two wood horses and like Stanley carris angles, I think this horse is a key underneath in tris, and worth a win bet

Fightingirish51195 05-17-2022 01:29 AM

Yakteens horse also has buckpasser, RAN. And a strong conduit mare in tail female but ran like dog crap in those preps.

Someday Silent 05-17-2022 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 (Post 2804643)
Skippy long stocking:

Has RAN sire line.(lacks 95 beyer mentioned in Stanley’s article)

Has Buckpasser in x passing position

Has Strong conduit mare in tail female line.

Fast final fractions in the wood. Tried to close wide on a day where that wasn’t working. Ran a nice even race.

If you like the other two wood horses and like Stanley carris angles, I think this horse is a key underneath in tris, and worth a win bet

Genuinely curious: hasn't the RAN sireline pretty much become ubiquitous? It's sort of like saying you can win the lottery on a day ending in "y". Or like saying a horse will win the Epsom Derby because he traces back to Northern Dancer.

Fightingirish51195 05-17-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someday Silent (Post 2804648)
Genuinely curious: hasn't the RAN sireline pretty much become ubiquitous? It's sort of like saying you can win the lottery on a day ending in "y". Or like saying a horse will win the Epsom Derby because he traces back to Northern Dancer.

From 1969-2012. No. Has it become that way in the last 10 years. Possibly. I can tell you the RAN sire line is still very good at winning triple crown races, but the percentage of starters maybe higher now, than when Stanley did his research.

RAN is good on its own but even better when you pair it with final fractions

cj 05-20-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustin Stones (Post 2804577)
I've posted before....if you limit the field to 16 you eliminate a lot of the bothered trips. Each entrant deserves a real shot at winning the race and it's an important race to win.

But that would have eliminated the winner. And he ran well. The pace helped, but it wasn't like he didn't run.

Maximillion 05-20-2022 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2805275)
But that would have eliminated the winner. And he ran well. The pace helped, but it wasn't like he didn't run.

I agree.I think he's running well in there even with a normal pace (maybe even winning just the same)

PaceAdvantage 05-22-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqitec (Post 2803439)
I track early and late tote board action using infographics. See the image attached.
Rich Strike's final odds drop (-19%) was almost equivalent to Epicenter's final drop (-20%) after Mattress Mac dropped his load. One would have expected Rich Strike's odds to go after that, instead it went down by 19%.
And the infographic pointed out the $321,500 super using the top 4 odds droppers. I didn't have it.
Where did all this smart money come from?

What is this infographics thing? Anyone know?

I sent a PM to eqitec but got no response...is this a homegrown thing using some standalone stats package?