Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Caitlin Clark (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181786)

mountainman 04-01-2024 09:38 PM

Caitlin Clark

41 points on clutch shooting from Deep. Built on to her legend..no doubt added to her wealth.

Just ordered her poster to put up in my office at Mnr.

YES!!!! YESS!!!!! YES!!!!!!

woodbinepmi 04-01-2024 09:53 PM

She's unbelievable

ElKabong 04-01-2024 10:15 PM

Congrats, Iowa. Sweet revenge

mostpost 04-01-2024 11:43 PM

Reminds me of me when I was young. Except for the making the shots part. And the making the passes part. And the walking up the court without falling over part.

mountainman 04-02-2024 12:06 PM

I could shoot. Somedays the eyes out. But dished a pitiful few assists-and that's in years (and years) of play, both organized and street-ball. And those were on bail-out passes when I had no way to put it up. I was a shameless gunner who just never gave up the rock.

davew 04-07-2024 03:45 PM

17 points in first quarter today against the unbeaten team.

She got an offer to play in the Big3 league. It has me wondering if she would get beat up too much against the men. Some are even suggesting she could handle being in the NBA.

PalaceOfFortLarned 04-07-2024 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2938007)
17 points in first quarter today against the unbeaten team.

She got an offer to play in the Big3 league. It has me wondering if she would get beat up too much against the men. Some are even suggesting she could handle being in the NBA.

Very little doubt she can play. The NBA?

Impossible to take anybody serious that says she could play anywhere close to that level.

She could maybe play on an NAIA level men's team and be somewhat productive as a bench player scoring 4 to 6 points a game, and nothing more because she would be a ridiculously horrific defensive liability.

The US Women's soccer team would play against 15 and 16 year old boys in practice to get better. 15 and 16 year old boys would consistently beat them.

She is the Seth Curry of women's basketball, and she can shoot the eyes out of it and carry an entire team because she is also a great passer with great vision that all the greats have.

46zilzal 04-07-2024 04:35 PM

Having watched at UCLA as an undergrad (and ever since then) I truly MISS THE FAST BREAK. Three's have wrecked the game.

46zilzal 04-07-2024 05:13 PM

Tried hard but couldn't beat the unbeaten South Carolina team

JustRalph 04-07-2024 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2938020)
Having watched at UCLA as an undergrad (and ever since then) I truly MISS THE FAST BREAK. Three's have wrecked the game.

We finally agree on something

jimmyb 04-07-2024 07:14 PM

I watched the uconn iowa game and the game is noticably slower than the mens game. Good athletes, yes. NBA draft potential? Seriously not.

PalaceOfFortLarned 04-07-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46zilzal (Post 2938020)

I know this is gonna be hard to accept, but teams actually play defense nowadays and keep teams from competing in a layup drill like the 80s.

And yes, the 3 point line was alive and well in the 1979/80 NBA season, and only took a mere 30 years of bigger and better athletes and shooters to take full advantage of the rule.

mountainman 04-07-2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 2938061)
I watched the uconn iowa game and the game is noticably slower than the mens game. Good athletes, yes. NBA draft potential? Seriously not.

Take the worst, and I mean the VERY WORST player on any NBA roster, stick him on any women's team that made the big dance, then watch what happens. Can you say 80 pts per game, my friend?

Better yet, match the top HS boy's team in America against Dawn Staley's finest. Carnage. Complete carnage.

There just IS no comparison between genders.

And the gap, btw, would be seen most acutely around the hole. Women's college bigs have zero skills. Just heart and some length. Ever watched Angel Reese try to shoot a J?? And Kamila Cardosa's range is about 1 foot. Maybe 2 if somebody under 6'3 is guarding her. She can't jump two sheets of paper.

davew 04-07-2024 09:02 PM

I did notice none of the women teams seem very aggressive going after rebounds during the playoffs.

Big swings in the scoring. Caitlin Clark missed quite a few shots during the last 5 minutes.

Bustin Stones 04-08-2024 10:40 AM

The game was less exciting when the D packed in and you fed your 7 footer who went to work.
The way the 3 pointer wrecked the game is that when a team gets hot from deep it drowns a better team. And when a better team goes cold, it opens a door for a lesser team. Games shouldn't be decided on such a simple basis. Maybe there should be a cap on a per game 3 successes.