Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Suffolk Trainer worth a watch (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12396)

Suff 05-31-2004 04:43 PM

Suffolk Trainer worth a watch

Burton K Sipp.

Dominate trainer around these parts 20 years ago. Got himself jammed up and went AWOL. He broke back in at Finger Lakes recently and shipped 35 head to suffolk for the summer meet.

He's had some tough beats. 46-3-12-7 , But an agent I know who is getting his pilots up for this guy says he has runners. And further... He brought the Vet in last week and struck a deal to have everyone of his animals scoped and blood drawn monthly. Thats a rather unusual move of quality at Suffolk downs.

If your are jonezing to play and your stuck with a mid week card at Suffolk... Give this guy a look. He owns all his own stock,he's playing to win and will.

Name Starts 1st 2nd 3rd Earnings
John Rigattieri 40 16 7 3 $137,731
Ronald J. Dandy 36 10 6 7 $107,918
Marshall L. Novak 27 9 4 5 $87,326
Peter Bazeos 31 7 5 2 $86,274
Raymond E. Stifano 30 6 7 2 $76,427
Robert A. Raymond 38 6 3 1 $37,504
Frank P. Shannon 14 5 2 0 $72,100
Marcus J. Vitali 27 4 7 2 $34,482
Burton K. Sipp 46 3 12 7 $45,073

Figman 05-31-2004 05:49 PM

Suff,
One correction, SIPP isn't, wasn't and won't be licensed or allowed at Finger Lakes and is barred from most states. New York State certainly wouldn't let this guy in from his poor historical record of constantly being in trouble with the law!

Massachusetts is taking a big chance in letting him race as he has as bad a trainer's record for following the rules of racing as anyone that has ever trained a horse.

Tom 05-31-2004 05:57 PM

I have nothing on Sipp at any track before 5/1/04. MY db goes back to 2001, May.

kenwoodallpromos 05-31-2004 06:17 PM

Why monthly blood draw? Steward's orders?

kenwoodallpromos 05-31-2004 06:35 PM

Trouble in Pa too. Tell him to email me!

Tom 05-31-2004 08:32 PM

I remember this guy from somewhere, though. FL before 2001?
Name is clearly familiar, but details escape me.

CryingForTheHorses 05-31-2004 09:08 PM

Suffolk Downs is the armpit of all racing as far as Im concerned!Lots of crooks and very creepy people.I have never heard of this guy you are talking about.35 head and he owns them all!!.Hmmm .Hope he has a lot of money!All the scoping bloodwork feeding help blacksmith cost huge not to mention workmans comp!!!.What kind of infractions does he have?? Anybody know?? Is it heresay??.

kenwoodallpromos 06-01-2004 03:55 AM

Google search for the name just has PA court saying track barred him w/o allowing an appeal; back to 1993,1994, 1997. Maybe they just thought he was creepy, maybe no provable reason.

IRISHLADSTABLE 06-01-2004 08:55 AM

Sipp Has 3 Running At Suffolk Today

Suff said watch out for this guy

Tue 6/1/04

Suffolk Downs

R4 (8) Speed Out Front

R5 (4) Wings O Change

R6 (3) Uncle Ack

Jimmy

Figman 06-01-2004 09:46 AM

Kenwood-
Try Lexis-Nexus not Google;

Here's the "tip of the iceberg!"

Since 1968, Sipp has amassed a lengthy history of violations of both the law and the rules of racing. Although he is licensable once again in Pennsylvania, no PA racetrack would welcome his presence in recent years until Suffolk Downs in the ARCI state of Massachusetts found the lure of 35 horses to fill their entry box more important that their reputation. So Sipp is baaaack!
Nevertheless, a summary of some of the more poignant portions of a found report follow:

In August of 1968, a thoroughbred trainer sold a horse to a private individual for $ 3,500; Sipp was the private individual's horse trainer. Thereafter, Sipp demanded a $ 2,000 kickback on the sale of the horse from the previous trainer, as he declared the horse was only worth $1,500. When the previous trainer refused to acquiesce, Sipp and his brother repeatedly threatened the trainer with bodily injury. Subsequently, the previous trainer received a visit from two men at his Monmouth Park barn whereupon he was again threatened with bodily harm; there was at least one witness to this incident. Thereafter, one of Sipp's employees furnished a statement that Sipp was offering $ 500 to anyone that would 'take care of' the previous trainer.

Additionally, in September of 1968, her is a "minor" one. Sipp became involved in a verbal altercation with a track veterinarian. Because the veterinarian had scratched one of Sipp's horses for medical reasons, Sipp used foul and abusive language; there were several witnesses. Subsequently, Sipp was fined $200 for using abusive and obscene language to a racing official. Sipp appealed this fine to the NJ Commission whereupon said appeal was denied.

Over the years previous and post 1968 there were also numerous drug violations for drugs like sublimaze and others certainly not therapeutical medications. I don't think you need to know anymore to solidfy the claim that this guy is not what horse racing needs now or in the future!

Zaf 06-01-2004 11:21 AM

We'll overlook these things, as long as we end up on the short lines a little more often:cool:

ZAFONIC

Suff 06-01-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Figman
Kenwood-
Try Lexis-Nexus not Google;

Here's the "tip of the iceberg!"

Since 1968, Sipp has amassed a lengthy history of violations of both the law and the rules of racing. Although he is licensable once

Fig

I know Sipp. and I knew everything you typed and more. I just didn't think it worth mentioning. Because he did his time, paid his debt and is flying straight. We all have a past.

kenwoodallpromos 06-01-2004 12:27 PM

Thank you

Sounds like min-mafia wannabe. So far not much that would affect my betting, unless a stiff or 2.

CryingForTheHorses 06-01-2004 12:49 PM

I dont think there has never been a trainer or owner yell and scream at a vet...I have!!.As for him offering money to get that other trainer...who knows...1968 is a lonnnnnnnnnnng time ago!!.Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.Everyone deserves a second chance!!! Ken woodall!! A horse will get bloodwork to see if his blood is down,then you administer vitiamins into the horse,you have a series of 3 shots,makes them eat better,gives them a better coat etc,Blood testing for illegal drugs is done in the state detention barn.

IRISHLADSTABLE 06-01-2004 05:43 PM

Sipp Results

Today at Suffolk Downs

R4 Speed Out Front Won paying $4.80 $3.60 $2.20

R5 Wings O Change Was 2nd paying $3.00 $2.20

R6 Uncle Ack was out of the money ,Uncle Ack was also claimed
from Sipp

Jimmy