Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fractional Time Errors (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128057)

PhantomOnTour 02-15-2024 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2928135)
Should have said "still tied..."

Code:

AQU        02/10/2024        8        23.64        47.31        72.36        85.42        98.62

Thank you again for all the work you do on these occasions. I can now finish my numbers for that day :ThmbUp:

SBD400 03-12-2024 10:19 AM

Race 1 at Aqueduct on March 9th, I am grading the races and reading through the charts, I see MSW for 3 year old fillies going 6f with the last 1/8th in 11:82, no way that is possible. So upon further review I see the following at bottom of chart : "ALL TIMES WERE HAND-TIMED DUE TO A TIMING ISSUE AND PROVIDED BY THE STEWARDS". I also watch the replay and no times were posted, so something clearly went wrong.

I know the stewards in New York are fairly incompetent, but how in the world can they hand time a race and be so wrong and even worse post their wrong times!

cj 03-12-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD400 (Post 2933452)
Race 1 at Aqueduct on March 9th, I am grading the races and reading through the charts, I see MSW for 3 year old fillies going 6f with the last 1/8th in 11:82, no way that is possible. So upon further review I see the following at bottom of chart : "ALL TIMES WERE HAND-TIMED DUE TO A TIMING ISSUE AND PROVIDED BY THE STEWARDS". I also watch the replay and no times were posted, so something clearly went wrong.

I know the stewards in New York are fairly incompetent, but how in the world can they hand time a race and be so wrong and even worse post their wrong times!

This has been changed from "electronic" in the field that designates how the timing was done to "hand" sometime well after the fact. I'm just seeing this, so I'll get it timed soon.

cj 03-12-2024 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2933467)
This has been changed from "electronic" in the field that designates how the timing was done to "hand" sometime well after the fact. I'm just seeing this, so I'll get it timed soon.

My times from video, much more accurate than the posted hand times from the stewards. It is unlikely these will be changed officially as the state steward will not allow it.

Code:

AQU        03/09/2024        1        6.00        D        22.99        46.35        58.20        70.31

Jeff P 03-12-2024 01:42 PM

That's a little disconcerting no?

-jp

cj 03-12-2024 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2933480)
That's a little disconcerting no?

-jp

It has been that way for a long time with NYRA races. As far as I know, all other jurisdictions will change times based on video timing. It is a steward problem in New York. He has been presented with the facts and refuses to budge. I know Equibase and I'd bet NYRA officials would love to use the more accurate (not perfect by any means) times.

But hey, this way Pace Advantage members have a small edge sometimes. :)

SBD400 03-12-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2933481)
It has been that way for a long time with NYRA races. As far as I know, all other jurisdictions will change times based on video timing. It is a steward problem in New York. He has been presented with the facts and refuses to budge. I know Equibase and I'd bet NYRA officials would love to use the more accurate (not perfect by any means) times.

Thanks for the replies!

Its amazing how one person who appears to be very incompetent to boot can have so much unchecked power. That guy should be fired and on top of that investigated for possible criminal behavior for the Brick Ambush decision. Is this guy like a King or a Queen who remains in power until they die? God only knows how many people that guy has driven away with awful stewards decisions over time.

ubercapper 03-22-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2933481)

Adding to what Craig wrote, as far as I'm aware the NYSGC (New York State Gaming Commission) steward's power to control this and other decisions, rests in a state statute. As statutes are available for anyone to read, that can be verified. I have not done so. If that is the case, then changing the statute changes the control.

BarchCapper 03-22-2024 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubercapper (Post 2935247)
Adding to what Craig wrote, as far as I'm aware the NYSGC (New York State Gaming Commission) steward's power to control this and other decisions, rests in a state statute. As statutes are available for anyone to read, that can be verified. I have not done so. If that is the case, then changing the statute changes the control.

I would surmise that many horseplayers and horsemen feel that changing the current steward would have a GREAT effect on how (arbitrarily) that control is exercised, and the statute itself would be somewhat less of a concern.