Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fractional Time Errors (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128057)

cj 06-29-2019 01:26 PM

The times Gulfstream posted for R6 on 6-28 are a travesty. How does nobody at the track not realize this right away?

Jeff P 07-01-2019 11:24 AM

Not a timing error - but this does impact the Equibase chart data.

I'm posting it here in hopes someone at Equibase will see it.

Right now as I type this, the Equibase cancellations page incorrectly shows that races 7 and 8 at Finger Lakes on Saturday 06-29-2019 were cancelled due to weather.

The Equibase chart data is also incorrect - and shows both races as having been cancelled due to weather.

There was zero storm activity at Finger Lakes on Saturday and both races were run.

-jp

cj 07-01-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2486316)
Not a timing error - but this does impact the Equibase chart data.

I'm posting it here in hopes someone at Equibase will see it.

Right now as I type this, the Equibase cancellations page incorrectly shows that races 7 and 8 at Finger Lakes on Saturday 06-29-2019 were cancelled due to weather.

The Equibase chart data is also incorrect - and shows both races as having been cancelled due to weather.

There was zero storm activity at Finger Lakes on Saturday and both races were run.

-jp

I know there was an issue on Saturday but as of Sunday I had the data for the races in the file I get to make figures from DRF via Equibase. So they definitely have the data for the races.

Jeff P 07-01-2019 12:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yup. Looks like they did get the sql charts data out to DRF, HDW, Brisnet, TrackMaster, etc.

Fyi, based on what I saw in the scratches and changes xml over the weekend I'm about 99% sure someone was trying to key weather cancellations into the system for races 7 and 8 at Delaware Park and accidentally made an entry to cancel the last two races at Finger Lakes.

Right now as I type this the last two races at Finger Lakes for Saturday 06-29-2019 are missing from the Equibase PDF Charts and are listed as cancelled due to weather on the Equibase cancellations page.

Hopefully, they'll get it straightened out --

cj 07-01-2019 12:13 PM

Crazy time popped up for the 6f call for R10 at EMD yesterday (6-30). Looks like the beam tripped early. I've alerted Equibase so it should be removed from the chart soon.

ubercapper 07-03-2019 12:13 PM

Jeff,

Although I check the board as frequently as possible, don't hesitate to email me with things like this. If you don't have my email send me a pm.

Thanks,
Ellis

jay68802 07-04-2019 05:30 PM

Belmont Race #9:

1:31.5 for a mile on the turf.? They did not seem to be that fast to me, but...

cj 07-11-2019 12:48 AM

Canterbury, 7-3, R4. This race is mistimed about as badly as any you will ever see, at least 6 seconds too slow and probably more.

cj 07-12-2019 08:25 PM

Gulfstream R6 on 7-12 is poorly timed, and that is an understatement.

cj 07-13-2019 07:11 PM

Glasgow Stakes at Delaware is timed poorly. (7-13, R7)

Prof.Factor 07-14-2019 08:29 AM

Good job, CJ!
I remember when hand-times were used to replace timer malfunctions. Seems now it's N/A or just make-it-up. Noticed CTM went the whole card without timer yesterday. Guess nobody knows how to use a stopwatch anymore.
Keep up the good work, CJ.

Tom 07-14-2019 09:47 AM

One man, so many tracks.......:rolleyes:

CJ really embarrasses most tracks.
There is NO excuse for ANY track to post wrong times.
The methods exist, cheaply, to verify times, but most tracks do not give a crap.

Pretty much check this thread a lot and know what tracks I will never play under any circumstances. Some track are just 100% unreliable and outright frauds.

I'd love thear some of so-called journalists of the game address these issues. Never happen.

ubercapper 07-15-2019 10:09 AM

CJ,

I didn't see emails from you about GP 7/12 R6 or DEL 7/13 R7.

If there is anything I an look into, please email me.

ubercapper 07-15-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prof.Factor (Post 2491456)
Good job, CJ!
I remember when hand-times were used to replace timer malfunctions. Seems now it's N/A or just make-it-up. Noticed CTM went the whole card without timer yesterday. Guess nobody knows how to use a stopwatch anymore.
Keep up the good work, CJ.

Nobody makes times up, at least insofar as what is in the chart.

The times reported in charts are either electronic times or hand times and when the latter are reported as such. Occasionally the footnote reporting the hand time is missing but that is addressed when CJ (or anyone for that matter) lets me know.

ubercapper 07-15-2019 10:18 AM

Regarding CTM for 7/13. There are now hand times in the charts (and database) for races 2, 3, 4 and 7. The hand times for the other races will be in the chart and database shortly.