Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The NBA Goes SJA (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159124)

boxcar 07-05-2020 01:00 PM

The NBA Goes SJA

Report: NBA Approves List of Social Justice Messages for Jerseys

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...paign=20200704

It'll be very interesting to see how the NBA's political activism plays out....

baconswitchfarm 07-05-2020 01:18 PM

My life without sports has been better than expected. If they don't come back, I'm ok .

Greyfox 07-05-2020 01:35 PM

They are also going to paint
BLACK LIVES MATTER on the courts.

That is just TOKENISM. The BLM Marxists want far more than that.

Redboard 07-05-2020 01:48 PM

Article didnt mention anything about the national anthem. The NBA players contract requires them to stand attentively or be fined.
I would respect them much more if they put their money where their mouths are: took the fine for their political views.
I don't think that will happen though.

davew 07-05-2020 01:54 PM

I must be racist and am going to stop watching NBA and NFL

boxcar 07-05-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2627825)

You won't be alone. Plenty of people will resent going to what is supposed to be an entertainment venue to relax, unwind and get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of life just to have the politics of teams or players forced on them.

woodtoo 07-05-2020 02:23 PM

At this point all they are is dust in the wind. Capitulating to the Chinese Communist Party and Marxist BLM Party. Dust in the wind.

JustRalph 07-05-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm (Post 2627811)
My life without sports has been better than expected. If they don't come back, I'm ok .

Amen! They are killing a giant golden goose

Elkchester Road 07-05-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2627825)

If you don't mind, davew, I will join you. I go to great lengths not to step on anybody's toes with my politics...Sports are an escape for me from politics. If participating in a sports event means having to tolerate their politics...count me out.

Gives me even more time for Horse Racing!!! :)

RunForTheRoses 07-06-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2627801)
Report: NBA Approves List of Social Justice Messages for Jerseys

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...paign=20200704

It'll be very interesting to see how the NBA's political activism plays out....

The comments are great on this article.

Tom 07-06-2020 11:22 AM

If the NBA REALLY wants to do something, donate 50% of its annual revenue to social programs. And deduct 25% of each player's pay.
How about FREE ADMISSION to all games?
We see a lot rich WHITE guys sitting court-side.....what about the locals from two blocks from the games?

All walky, no talky.

NBA - big mouths, little action.

Redboard 07-06-2020 06:20 PM

Unless they play outdoors, it's going to be scary. Players huff-and-puff in a closed arena which is bad for spreading the virus. I could see one player spreading it to the entire court.

Baseball seems safer, since it's outside and players don't contact each other as often.

The NBA players have already gotten their money, since the stoppage happened after the season was well under way. They should just cancel the season and hope things are better next year.

And I'm really not looking forward to the political crap they will be espousing.

TJDave 07-06-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redboard (Post 2628434)
The NBA players have already gotten their money, since the stoppage happened after the season was well under way.

They get paid up front?

What if they get injured?

garyscpa 07-06-2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJDave (Post 2628500)
They get paid up front?

What if they get injured?

NBA had insurance to cover. Not sure if the owners paid all of the players, but they would probably have to send some of the money back to the insurance company if they didn't pay them.

JustRalph 07-07-2020 01:12 AM

“Teams will pay players their next scheduled check on April 1, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Typical NBA contracts spell out payments on the first and 15th of every month during the season, though different pay schedules can be spelled out within individual contracts.Mar 20, 2020”

League statement from March