Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Indian Charlie goes after Ken McPeek (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74020)

Fager Fan 08-12-2010 11:18 PM

Indian Charlie goes after Ken McPeek

nijinski 08-12-2010 11:55 PM

Guess he figured the timing was right .

point given 08-13-2010 12:42 AM

Full of crap as a fat babys diaper !

I love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

OTM Al 08-13-2010 07:27 AM

Some people think this guy is funny. I think he's a racist homophobe who exemplifies everything that's bad about racing and humanity in general. His rag is not even worthy to wipe my rear end.

bane 08-13-2010 08:12 AM

What do you expect from a former Jocks Agent :D

I do find him very funny and he goes after a part of the sport that the press never covers.

Grits 08-13-2010 10:02 AM

Didn't cover his own income tax evasion, though, until Ray Paulick brought it to light. Not everyone in the industry is a fan of IC. He can make one laugh, but sometimes, at great expense.

http://www.paulickreport.com/blog/tag/ed-musselman/

(This truly wasn't too bright.:faint: )

Fager Fan 08-13-2010 11:51 AM

Either there was no claim before the NJ Racing Commission or there was. Either the story about Pitts/Sarava is true or it's not. Both of those charges would seem to be true based on one being a matter of record and the other naming Pitts who could easily dispute the charge if it's not true.

It doesn't matter one's thoughts on the messenger when the message is truth.

As for IC not highlighting his tax evasion issue, Paulick didn't really delve into his apparent drug abuse problem until forced either. I can see why both men didn't want to go there.

OTM Al 08-13-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Either there was no claim before the NJ Racing Commission or there was. Either the story about Pitts/Sarava is true or it's not. Both of those charges would seem to be true based on one being a matter of record and the other naming Pitts who could easily dispute the charge if it's not true.

It doesn't matter one's thoughts on the messenger when the message is truth.

As for IC not highlighting his tax evasion issue, Paulick didn't really delve into his apparent drug abuse problem until forced either. I can see why both men didn't want to go there.

I'm not talking about individual stories. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm talking about the individual and some of the disgusting, vindictive and intentionally cruel things this individual has said and done.

bane 08-13-2010 12:10 PM

Like I said he is a former Jockey's agnt, what else do you expect ;)

OTM Al 08-13-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane

Much better.

Fager Fan 08-13-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
I'm not talking about individual stories. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm talking about the individual and some of the disgusting, vindictive and intentionally cruel things this individual has said and done.

Great. Doesn't have a thing to do with the bigger issue, though, does it? We have a trainer who was charged with willfully sending a horse out to its death, backed up by two people in the barn (who I'm guessing lost their jobs over it), and he's still a trainer in good standing within horse racing? He gives interviews where he talks of himself being a good steward of the horse?

OTM Al 08-13-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Great. Doesn't have a thing to do with the bigger issue, though, does it? We have a trainer who was charged with willfully sending a horse out to its death, backed up by two people in the barn (who I'm guessing lost their jobs over it), and he's still a trainer in good standing within horse racing? He gives interviews where he talks of himself being a good steward of the horse?

Yeah actual it does. This guy's spewed so much crap that I have a lot of trouble with any credibility in his stories whatsoever. Issues like he brings up would not be passed on by mainstream media. There's enough out there that don't like horse racing that stories such as these would make the news. Maybe they happened, maybe they didn't, but wasn't Savara 2002? And that is the latter of the two supposed incidents. Remotely possible if he was that way he changed? His motto is the only acurate thing in his rag. "We never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

startngate 08-13-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTM Al
His motto is the only acurate thing in his rag. "We never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

Probably so.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/...eeks_take.html

"By 1993, McPeek had built a successful career as a claiming trainer, but that was nearly destroyed on a rainy September night. McPeek tried to scratch a filly named Mean Doris Jean from a claiming race at the Meadowlands that was moved off the turf to a muddy track. The racing secretary told McPeek he had already "stuck" another trainer, meaning that to keep enough betting interests in the race the secretary was preventing McPeek from scratching Mean Doris Jean because there was no medical reason to do so.

~~the rest at the link above~~

Of course that doesn't speak to the Sarava claim, but here it looks like a disgruntled ex-employee (that lost their job before this incident) with an axe to grind tried to hang him.

IC has been taking jabs at McPeek for years, and although most have been good natured ribbing, this certainly is not.

Fager Fan 08-13-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startngate
Probably so.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/...eeks_take.html

"By 1993, McPeek had built a successful career as a claiming trainer, but that was nearly destroyed on a rainy September night. McPeek tried to scratch a filly named Mean Doris Jean from a claiming race at the Meadowlands that was moved off the turf to a muddy track. The racing secretary told McPeek he had already "stuck" another trainer, meaning that to keep enough betting interests in the race the secretary was preventing McPeek from scratching Mean Doris Jean because there was no medical reason to do so.

~~the rest at the link above~~

Of course that doesn't speak to the Sarava claim, but here it looks like a disgruntled ex-employee (that lost their job before this incident) with an axe to grind tried to hang him.

IC has been taking jabs at McPeek for years, and although most have been good natured ribbing, this certainly is not.

I'm not sure how accurate that accounting is, as there were two employees of McPeek's who testified to her unsoundness.

http://www.equinelawsafety.org/case/racing/27

This is the factual background. On September 17, 1993 �Mean Doris Dean,� recently arrived from Kentucky, fell and broke her leg during a race at the Meadowlands track. The horse was euthanized. McPeek, the trainer, was in Kentucky at the time of the race but he had applied for a New Jersey trainer's license from the New Jersey Racing Commission (Commission). Although the Commission did not issue McPeek a trainer's license until September 23, 1993 he did receive a temporary license on September 6, 1993.

After �Mean Doris Jean� was destroyed, two former employees complained to the Commission that, although McPeek knew the horse had swollen and inflamed ankles and was not in a condition to race, he still decided to race her. Following this complaint, the Commission's Board of Stewards conducted a disciplinary hearing on December 8, 1993. On December 11, 1993 the Board of Stewards suspended McPeek's license for thirty days, concluding that he (1) had acted detrimentally to racing, contrary to N.J.A.C. 13:70-1.15; (2) had entered or started a horse not in serviceable, sound racing condition, contrary to N.J.A.C. 13:70-20.11; and (3) had committed questionable conduct, contrary to N.J.A.C. 13:70-16.23.

I don't see the point in McPeek's talk of trying to scratch the filly. Does that mean he thought her problems would find her holding up on the turf course but would cause her to break down on the dirt? Obviously, that's not acceptable. Unless he tried to scratch her, admitting that he knows her to be infirm and he worries for her safety, and they made him run her anyway (which they really don't have the power to do, because that's a vet scratch), then that's the only way his argument about scratching makes any difference and comes to his defense.

I don't know if McPeek is guilty or innocent. My frustration is with the fact that we don't know if he is. Just as we don't know what Gill or O'Neill or Biancone or any number of other trainers or owners are really guilty of as they continue to be part of the racing community. I want indisputable evidence and those who are bad for racing to be banned from racing. That includes ever sending out a horse that one knows to have a problem that could see the horse worsened or possibly not make it around the track.

JustRalph 08-13-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane

Wow! That's a huge broad brush you are swinging all the way from Afghanistan