Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Aqueduct turf racing. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172604)

azeri98 09-22-2022 07:32 PM

Aqueduct turf racing.

I might be wrong but so far i haven't seen a turf race with more than 10 entries not including Ae's and Mto's. Can anyone tell me why. I know during their fall meet last year and spring meet this year they had up to 12?

the little guy 09-22-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeri98 (Post 2831988)
I might be wrong but so far i haven't seen a turf race with more than 10 entries not including Ae's and Mto's. Can anyone tell me why. I know during their fall meet last year and spring meet this year they had up to 12?

The rails have been out 18 and 24 feet to start the meet and the courses can only accommodate up to ten horses at those settings.

SBD400 09-22-2022 08:11 PM

How did turf go from firm an hour before post time to all of a sudden off the turf today?

the little guy 09-22-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD400 (Post 2832002)
How did turf go from firm an hour before post time to all of a sudden off the turf today?

It rained.

JustRalph 09-22-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2832016)
It rained.

:lol:

GMB@BP 09-22-2022 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2832016)
It rained.

you sure....cause it was very firm

SBD400 09-23-2022 07:41 AM

Meatball right down the middle, set you up perfect for that one :)!

My point was it went directly from firm to off with nothing in between in a very quick amount of time. You yourself even said on Talking Horses something along the lines that weather appears to have stayed north of Aqueduct. I do understand it rains, but found it odd that track was fast and firm and went to off the turf so quickly with nothing in between.

the little guy 09-23-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD400 (Post 2832071)
Meatball right down the middle, set you up perfect for that one :)!

My point was it went directly from firm to off with nothing in between in a very quick amount of time. You yourself even said on Talking Horses something along the lines that weather appears to have stayed north of Aqueduct. I do understand it rains, but found it odd that track was fast and firm and went to off the turf so quickly with nothing in between.

Once again, it rained. The weather had stayed North, for the most part, but then more moved through. Since you were watching Talking Horses, you also heard us say we could not see what was going on outside DURING THE SHOW.

I assume you realize we don't want to take races off the turf? Right? It costs us a ton of handle. We are also racing for three months on the turf this Fall at Aqueduct, not the usual one month, so tearing the courses up at the beginning of the second week of the meet would have a significantly negative affect on the courses later in this year's elongated meet. Every decision has repercussions.

I find it interesting that the same horseplayers that are required to make intricate handicapping decisions every day, have difficulty making easier determinations on their own. Most answers are common sense.

azeri98 09-23-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2831999)
The rails have been out 18 and 24 feet to start the meet and the courses can only accommodate up to ten horses at those settings.

Thank you

SBD400 09-23-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2832081)
Once again, it rained. The weather had stayed North, for the most part, but then more moved through. Since you were watching Talking Horses, you also heard us say we could not see what was going on outside DURING THE SHOW.

I assume you realize we don't want to take races off the turf? Right? It costs us a ton of handle. We are also racing for three months on the turf this Fall at Aqueduct, not the usual one month, so tearing the courses up at the beginning of the second week of the meet would have a significantly negative affect on the courses later in this year's elongated meet. Every decision has repercussions.

I find it interesting that the same horseplayers that are required to make intricate handicapping decisions every day, have difficulty making easier determinations on their own. Most answers are common sense.

Oh it rained, wow, never occurred to me that could have been the reason, thanks for enlightening me. At 11:24 turf was rated firm, even up until around 1:00pm was still firm. Then all of a sudden it was off the turf. Not good, not yielding, not soft. Maybe the simplest explanation is it rained, but the series of events to me invoked the question. I think not wanting to tear up the course is probably the most logical answer. If it was two weeks before end of meet they may have run on it.

westernmassbob 09-23-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2832081)

OMG you finally admitted to the fact that scratches and races being taken off the turf costs NYRA a ton on handle. Thanks for that…it took a while but someone got you to say it.

the little guy 09-23-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westernmassbob (Post 2832111)
OMG you finally admitted to the fact that scratches and races being taken off the turf costs NYRA a ton on handle. Thanks for that…it took a while but someone got you to say it.

This has to be an act. Nobody would be this intentionally moronic.

Maybe I'm wrong.

rastajenk 09-23-2022 11:57 AM

I think you're wrong. :D

andicap 09-23-2022 12:01 PM

It didnt just rain. It really poured in a short period of time.

elhelmete 09-23-2022 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD400 (Post 2832091)
Oh it rained, wow, never occurred to me that could have been the reason, thanks for enlightening me. At 11:24 turf was rated firm, even up until around 1:00pm was still firm. Then all of a sudden it was off the turf. Not good, not yielding, not soft. Maybe the simplest explanation is it rained, but the series of events to me invoked the question. I think not wanting to tear up the course is probably the most logical answer. If it was two weeks before end of meet they may have run on it.

Joined in April, only posted in September 5 total all trollish/critical of NYRA.

That tracks.