Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   All Weather Track Strikes Again (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67143)

Joey D 02-27-2010 12:54 PM

All Weather Track Strikes Again

Just heard -today's Santa Anita card cancelled..again.

BlueShoe 02-27-2010 02:33 PM

We must be getting used to this, and rather blase about the whole thing. Oh yes, as we all know, Aqueduct also canceled today. Two major tracks scrubbed on what is usually the busiest day of the week. Philly also a no go today. Just another day at the office. So, who do we lose tomorrow? The same three could be a good trifecta box.

hibiscus 02-27-2010 03:18 PM

The tracks in the northeast were pelted with feet of snow so it’s hard to lay any blame there. But the all-weather track canceling again due to the weather is nothing short of an embarrassment. Blame the rocket scientists at CHRB for their brilliant mandate.

tzipi 02-27-2010 03:30 PM

I can't blame the northeast tracks for cancelling with all the crazy snow.

Robert Goren 02-27-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzipi
I can't blame the northeast tracks for cancelling with all the crazy snow.

But I can blame them for trying run in the winter.

46zilzal 02-27-2010 03:44 PM

When I was a junior at UCLA, I would work moving furniture on the weekends. We had so much rain for a six week stint in the late Winter that each weekend we were evacuating houses close to run off conduits for fear the banks would collapse. During those deluges how many days did Santa Anita
cancel? NONE

toetoe 02-27-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibiscus
[font=Calibri]The tracks in the northeast were pelted with feet of snow so it’s hard to lay any blame there.

Au contraire, mon frere. I blame global warming, acid rain, alkaline snow, hemispheric moistening and female frigidity.

Heeyah !!!

Moyers Pond 02-27-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibiscus
The tracks in the northeast were pelted with feet of snow so it’s hard to lay any blame there. But the all-weather track canceling again due to the weather is nothing short of an embarrassment. Blame the rocket scientists at CHRB for their brilliant mandate.

Yeah, the East Coast tracks get a pass because it snowed, but Santa Anita doesn't get a pass because they only got inches of rain. :lol:

Last time I checked when an area gets so much rain that they are dealing with mudslides, they would be closed with dirt or synthetic.

But, heh, why base your ridiculously biased comments on facts. And who really cares about the safety of the horses, it is more important you have something to make a ridiculous biased comment about.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...mudslides.html

Tom 02-27-2010 05:41 PM

Read 46's post.
How many decades has SA been racing on dirt - how many cancellations?

gm10 02-27-2010 06:49 PM

Wasn't Aqueduct canceled as well?

Vinnie 02-27-2010 07:07 PM

Isn't Los Al still scheduled to run this evening? Don't they run on the dirt at Los Al? I am not exactly sure that is why I ask. Also, when Santa Anita has had various cancellations when is the last time that Los Alamitos was cancelled due to inclement weather, etc.?

cj 02-27-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm10
Wasn't Aqueduct canceled as well?

Yes, but big snowstorms will do that. They don't cancel in New York for rain, and they don't even have an alleged all weather track.

hibiscus 02-27-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moyers Pond
Yeah, the East Coast tracks get a pass because it snowed, but Santa Anita doesn't get a pass because they only got inches of rain. :lol:

Last time I checked when an area gets so much rain that they are dealing with mudslides, they would be closed with dirt or synthetic.

But, heh, why base your ridiculously biased comments on facts. And who really cares about the safety of the horses, it is more important you have something to make a ridiculous biased comment about.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...mudslides.html

Is the following fact part of my “ridiculous bias”?

In its first 74 years of racing on dirt, Santa Anita canceled four cards due to rain. In three years of synthetics, it has had to cancel racing 17 times.

You’ve had a hair up your ass about NYRA since you’ve joined the board. Your moronic threads and posts are evidence of that.

Substantiate your mischaracterization of my comment as being biased or please retract it.

BlueShoe 02-27-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie
Isn't Los Al still scheduled to run this evening? Don't they run on the dirt at Los Al?

Yes to both questions.

Vinnie 02-27-2010 07:57 PM

Thanks a bunch Blueshoe. I was pretty sure that they ran on the dirt over at Los Al. :)

Have an excellent weekend.