Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Flightline (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164443)

the little guy 12-26-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2775885)
Slow horse, Beyer, TGraf, BRIS, proven loser, questionable form at best, soundly beaten by both the favs.....10-1, maybe.

He was the lone speed on paper, no?

Spalding No! 12-26-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2775885)
Slow horse, Beyer, TGraf, BRIS, proven loser, questionable form at best, soundly beaten by both the favs.....10-1, maybe.

Fastest horse from the gate, gets brave with clear lead, clouded form due to recent negative pace scenarios & route distance, both favs burning money in all starts against open company...5-1 on sealed racetrack w/ multiple graded stakes on the card.

Tom 12-26-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2775900)
He was the lone speed on paper, no?

Did you bet him?
Actually, I would not say he was lone speed,/ TG had him essentially tied with Sumo early, and and aside from his last race, Sumo figured to be right there challenging early. Same Sumo who beat him by 8 last sprint.

cj 12-26-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 2775636)
Normally i would agree..But in this case modern tech handicapping has kept this horse from racing to much, not physical issues. Sadler is big sheets guy and letting the numbers dictate the schedule. I believe after this race he will stretch out and look for the important distance races and hopefully a successful solid campaign...

That is the story the connections tell, but the gaps in the workouts don't really lend much credence to it.

Robert Fischer 12-26-2021 06:05 PM

action bet 50cents 5 - 4 - 6

overthinking a valueless race?

probably have it :5::4::6::7: rather than :5::4::7::6:

the :6: Team Merchants 20/1 ml looks to be thriving in workouts,and watching a few of his races is fine in here to try to hit the board.

Big difference in ml odds between the :6: and :7:

also think the public may well agree with the ml in terms of ranking :1:BabyYoda and the :3: StilettoBoy higher than the 6.
///

not a Flightline superfan, but there isn't an adverse pace projected here.
Sadler does a solid job with workouts and pace-friendly spots of Hronis runners. i haven't seen any fitness/health issue on video, solid layoff numbers

Shaaz wins r4 MSW, but doesn't tell us a lot more than we know.
Big boy, lot of talent, has to stop lugging in as well as show consistent footwork.

the little guy 12-26-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2775904)
Did you bet him?
Actually, I would not say he was lone speed,/ TG had him essentially tied with Sumo early, and and aside from his last race, Sumo figured to be right there challenging early. Same Sumo who beat him by 8 last sprint.

Yes. I had the early Pick-3. I pressed the favorite, did not like the 5, and used the 6 because he was lone speed and clearly the "other horse" under the given scenario. I singled the 1st winner, who I thought should have been odds on, and pressed the 3rd winner, who also should have been a heavy favorite.

I don't love it when races come off the turf, but off the turf races are frequently great value races. I also don't get overly caught up in the results of races, as they are frequently related to how races are run, and am more than happy to take horses that may benefit on a given day when they have not in a previous race or two ( or more ).

Brisk Urging 12-26-2021 07:21 PM

Baby Yoda's Beyer best guess?

The Arbiter 12-26-2021 07:44 PM

Flightline is about to be the most hyped horse since Arrogate. The possible soundness concerns are the only reason to pump the brakes even a little bit, because that was something else.

porchy44 12-26-2021 07:52 PM

hyping a horse up

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Arbiter (Post 2775967)
Flightline is about to be the most hyped horse since Arrogate..........

Yes, that's the "fun stuff". I'm already telling my buddy he is going to be another Spectacular Bid.

VeryOldMan 12-26-2021 07:54 PM

Wow - Flightline has won all three of his races by 11+ lengths. Included this Grade 1. Weakness of graded stakes these days aside - that was impressive.

horsefan2019 12-26-2021 08:00 PM

The competition was basically gassed during the final stretch thats why Flightline was able to pull away with a huge margin of victory.

classhandicapper 12-26-2021 08:16 PM

There are some connections out there that are probably coming up with a Plan “B” for their very good horses right now because they want no part of Flightline. :lol:

Spalding No! 12-26-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2775978)
There are some connections out there that are probably coming up with a Plan “B” for their very good horses right now because they want no part of Flightline. :lol:

Should be pretty easy; I presume Plan B would be run your horse in the 3-4 months in-between Flightline appearances? Probably could squeeze in two starts if they are enterprising enough...

Seriously, in terms of overall accomplishments this horse would be very lucky to emulate Southern Image, Twirling Candy, or City of Light.

Thank god the people controlling a late starter like Formal Gold weren't "numbered sheet" guys...

JeremyJet 12-26-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchy44 (Post 2775973)
Yes, that's the "fun stuff". I'm already telling my buddy he is going to be another Spectacular Bid.

Any chance he shows up for the Pegasus World Cup? I would love to see FLIGHTLINE take on KNICKS GO.

porchy44 12-26-2021 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyJet (Post 2775983)
Any chance he shows up for the Pegasus World Cup? I would love to see FLIGHTLINE take on KNICKS GO.

The connections did say "Everythings on the table". Myself, I would try him at a mile next.