Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Horse Racing at Penn and Parx (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147937)

turfnsport 10-08-2018 07:39 PM

Horse Racing at Penn and Parx

View From The Eighth Pole: Making The Public’s No. 1 Cause Our Cause

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...use-our-cause/

Anyone wagering on garbage tracks like Penn and Parx really should have their head examined.

Elkchester Road 10-08-2018 10:53 PM

Just a few of the myriad of reasons contraction can't come soon enough. It also says a lot about the owners and trainers who race at these shitholes.

Redbullsnation 10-09-2018 03:04 AM

The first clip is ridiculous but the second and third doesn't have much there IMO...

bobphilo 10-09-2018 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbullsnation (Post 2381723)
The first clip is ridiculous but the second and third doesn't have much there IMO...

Look at the clip again. According to the article:

"The final incident is from Sunday, Oct. 7, in the second race at Parx Racing. Georgia Bonnet, a 4-year-old filly making her 23rd career start, was racing just off the rail at the top of the stretch and began to lug in. Jockey Tyrone Carter switched the whip to his left hand and, according to Equibase footnotes, “hit Georgia Bonnet repeatedly on the left side of her head through deep stretch.”

camourous 10-09-2018 06:27 AM

The number one problem in the game is the jockeys, things like this happen at every track, these weren't even bad

Thomas Roulston 10-09-2018 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkchester Road (Post 2381701)
Just a few of the myriad of reasons contraction can't come soon enough. It also says a lot about the owners and trainers who race at these shitholes.

But a large part of what makes them "shitholes" are antiquated facilities and track designs. Arlington, Gulfstream and Laurel with their super-wide turf courses, allowing many different distances to be run, are the future. Parx and Penn National are the past.

castaway01 10-09-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston (Post 2381738)
But a large part of what makes them "shitholes" are antiquated facilities and track designs. Arlington, Gulfstream and Laurel with their super-wide turf courses, allowing many different distances to be run, are the future. Parx and Penn National are the past.

Can you explain what the construction of a track's turf course has to do with jockeys repeatedly whipping horses in the face while they are being eased?

Thomas Roulston 10-09-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2381742)
Can you explain what the construction of a track's turf course has to do with jockeys repeatedly whipping horses in the face while they are being eased?

I never said it did. But outdated tracks create a depressing environment for everyone - patrons (i.e., bettors), horsemen, and jockeys. This observation has often been made about Aqueduct, which is nowhere near the worst offender in this regard.

elhelmete 10-09-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

This is nonsensical, sorry.

castaway01 10-09-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston (Post 2381745)
I never said it did. But outdated tracks create a depressing environment for everyone - patrons (i.e., bettors), horsemen, and jockeys. This observation has often been made about Aqueduct, which is nowhere near the worst offender in this regard.

Dreary racetracks and narrow turf courses have nothing to do with jockeys mistreating horses. Nothing.

Jeff P 10-09-2018 11:56 AM

Anybody know if disciplinary action has been taken by the stewards or the Pennsylvania Racing Commission?

Have any of the riders involved been suspended or fined?

-jp

Maximillion 10-09-2018 06:57 PM

Parx puts out some good betting races pretty consistently.I have not done well there overall but thats my problem.
The cards at Penn are often bad....there are a lot of horses there that seem to be in a zombie-like state,but I have had better luck there and do not see it (or Parx) as a bad track to play at all like many other seem to do.

Elkchester Road 10-09-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Completely agree with what you said. There are other reasons why they are shitholes, but your assessment is spot on.

Tom 10-10-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castaway01 (Post 2381759)
Dreary racetracks and narrow turf courses have nothing to do with jockeys mistreating horses. Nothing.

FL, Pen ard P{RX are my best tracks to play.

But any jock who whip a horse in the face should never be allowed to ride again.

That is inexcusable.

And any vet who lets a horse fall down and then race should lose his license.

CheckMark 10-10-2018 09:56 AM

This is what I tried to post in another thread before about whipping.