Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hmmmmmmmmmmm, no juice, and bafferts horses just don't have that extra kick (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173209)

stlseeeek 11-04-2022 05:05 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, no juice, and bafferts horses just don't have that extra kick

at the cali tracks, they are juiced out of their gourds, run fast, get hooked, and draw off.

the chemistry set stays home, and they get run over

Brisk Urging 11-04-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlseeeek (Post 2839275)
at the cali tracks, they are juiced out of their gourds, run fast, get hooked, and draw off.

Hernandez a second class rider went after 70/1 shot..

If this was baffert's top derby contender Hernandez wouldnt be riding

BarchCapper 11-04-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2839280)

You are absolutely correct - there is no WAY Hernandez will be riding in the 2023 Derby for Baffert.

GMB@BP 11-04-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlseeeek (Post 2839275)

yea, bafferts shipping record is horrendous, they just dont perform. I made tons of cash betting against his horses on the road the past 30 years.

Garbage7 11-04-2022 09:27 PM

Good

Had enough of him-can’t believe he is still allowed at so many tracks

v j stauffer 11-04-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2839280)

Went after??

He had him in the 4 path under a hammer lock hold. Kept him out there because he knew CR would get even more pumped up if allowed to engage.

IMO he lost because he melted down mentally.

Pumped up in the paddock.

No focus in the warm up.

Way too late switching leads.

A trip over the main track was two for two today.

The best horse won.

I don't think JJ did anything wrong.

Brisk Urging 11-04-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2839332)
Went after??

He had him in the 4 path under a hammer lock hold. Kept him out there because he knew CR would get even more pumped up if allowed to engage.

No focus in the warm up.

The best horse won.

He excerted energy early he was running alongside the 1 to say the 1 didnt sting him a little bit...

burnsy 11-05-2022 09:55 AM

Quote:

Went after??

No focus in the warm up.

The best horse won.

Exactly right on. You are so correct on this IMO. Plus, you’re a very good handicapper anyway. you know what you’re talking about. I’ve been in a few tournaments where you kicked my ass. I haven’t ever won the free buy in yet but I know you have . I’m not great at those things . Forte looked to be faster anyway with a potent late established move for a young horse, he looked tons better in the paddock . Had the race over the track . Which I would also factor into todays races. I suggest people pay attention to the preps at Keenland and horses with prior success there. And for the way I bet . Horses matched that closely in my eyes. I’m betting the 9-2 over 3/5 or whatever ridiculous price the other horse was anyway . There’s no way in Gods green earth that the chance of winning was that far apart in that those odds reflected . I thought Forte was the legit favorite under those circumstances. I didn’t even make a wager until this race . And this race with the turf after were like stealing candy . Now I have reserved a nice bankroll to unload in todays card. Thanks Forte. When I see an odds differential like this . It’s a no brainer…….the best horse won . I’ve watched this horse progress right thru the ranks this summer . He can reserve and move already .

stlseeeek 11-05-2022 11:11 AM

Another, that would of drawn off at the cali tracks, but not at home, so no they get run down and faded.

It's amazing how the maiden special, you had 3 horse who shown speed, could go to lead, and they let bafferts 2.3million horse get an easy lead. The #10 ran the best race, any where near the lead and he runs by another baffert runner.

amazing how in cali, when juiced out of their gourds, they get hooked 3 wide, to fast quarters, and still draw off, but when pressed a little away from home, they get ran down

rastajenk 11-05-2022 12:44 PM

Quote:

One out of the first two winners today. Some other live ones in the next couple hours. :ThmbUp:

Actually, Goodnight Olive has a win at Kee a year ago.:ThmbUp:

jocko699 11-05-2022 12:52 PM

Arabian Knight

barbaro123 11-06-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2839324)
yea, bafferts shipping record is horrendous, they just dont perform. I made tons of cash betting against his horses on the road the past 30 years.

hmm- I guess American Pharoah didn't do so well shipping! seriously? he has a lot of success shipping horses-

barbaro123 11-06-2022 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko699 (Post 2839466)
Arabian Knight

I find Baffert hate quite ugly, don't you?

affirmedny 11-06-2022 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaro123 (Post 2839681)
hmm- I guess American Pharoah didn't do so well shipping! seriously? he has a lot of success shipping horses-

also Arrogate

barbaro123 11-06-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny (Post 2839722)
also Arrogate

Yes of course the wonderful star-crossed Arrogate and how about all the Derbies Baffert has won plus Preakness and Belmont plus traveling abroad to Dubai--- honestly, some people's hate won't allow them to look at reality!!! oh well