Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EQUIBASE (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171379)

hopbet 07-06-2022 09:41 PM

EQUIBASE

Is anyone else having issues with EQUIBASE tonight. I keep getting a message about .

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to www.equibase.com.

Thanks
HOPBET

hopbet 07-06-2022 09:45 PM

EQUIBASE

ALCON:
I guess, I should have checked with EQUIBASE (first). They have a power outage at the host site.

HOPBET

Jeff P 07-06-2022 09:45 PM

Thunderstorms earlier today in the Lexington, KY area where they are located.

According to their Twitter feed, a lightning strike blew up a nearby transformer and their building (where their servers are located) lost power.

-jp

Al Gobbi 07-06-2022 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2815750)
Thunderstorms earlier today in the Lexington, KY area where they are located.

According to their Twitter feed, a lightning strike blew up a nearby transformer and their building (where their servers are located) lost power.

-jp

Hard to believe they don’t use a cloud based internet service (like AWS) in 2022

ultracapper 07-07-2022 02:30 AM

Haven't been here for awhile, but when I couldn't get connected to EqB, I knew I could find out what was going on by logging into trusty PA.

Any estimate when it'll be back up?

MJC922 07-07-2022 05:37 AM

I reached out to my Trackmaster people yesterday evening and haven't heard back yet. If any subscribers are waiting on their On-Target files the last one I was able to generate was LRC0708.pdf at 3:07pm est. So my stuff will all be on hold until the site is back online. In the interim ping me if you're missing a pdf for today and I'll try to pass it along. Hopefully they get back online soon.

geroge.burns99 07-07-2022 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gobbi (Post 2815753)
Hard to believe they don’t use a cloud based internet service (like AWS) in 2022

That or move operations....

Kentucky is good for this a handful of days during the year....

All clear in New York :lol:

MJC922 07-07-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gobbi (Post 2815753)

When you're dealing with a lot of downloading and uploading from cloud services you're paying for what comes out of there, it can be extremely costly vs on-prem so I can see where running in on-prem datacenter(s) for Equibase and related probably makes better financial sense. The problem with on-prem is making sure to have redundant systems designed so if one datacenter is down and just running on UPS then you have a way to fail over to another datacenter. VMware site recovery for example and/or Veeam, things like that. That's the other part of it is the infrastructure, the UPS the other software / hardware, redundant SAN storage etc is all expensive. I'm in the business of this stuff at my day job so things like VMware replication etc the challenges are known to me. It's definitely not the easiest thing.

johnhenry81 07-07-2022 09:53 AM

Their CEO Sinatra left a couple days before..., maybe its Witchcraft!

Tom 07-07-2022 10:16 AM

Looks they are still down at 10:15 this morning.

Robert Fischer 07-07-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2815803)
Looks they are still down at 10:15 this morning.

Yea. Same here.

Now getting a new error message; "Sorry for the inconvenience but we’re currently unavailable due to technical difficulties due to a power outage..

We are working to resolve these and will restore normal access to the site as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience!"

I use the site a lot for horse, trainer, owner... info and entries.
Initially I was worried that I had used the site too much :D and was getting an 'unusual activity' 'bot' kind of error.

If anyone knows of a good backup alternative, please share.

Ted Craven 07-07-2022 12:45 PM

As of right now, TrackMaster data (at least RDSS PP files and general Result Charts) are flowing normally. Also managed to download a sample On-Target file. Must be they house their servers separately from the overall Equibase stuff. Equibase still offline.

Ted

MJC922 07-07-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Craven (Post 2815811)
As of right now, TrackMaster data (at least RDSS PP files and general Result Charts) are flowing normally. Also managed to download a sample On-Target file. Must be they house their servers separately from the overall Equibase stuff. Equibase still offline.

Ted

Thanks for the heads-up. I got things fired up again, making CBY0710 right now. As long as uploading it to them works ok we're back in business.

geroge.burns99 07-07-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhenry81 (Post 2815799)
Their CEO Sinatra left a couple days before..., maybe its Witchcraft!

good one

Jeff P 07-07-2022 02:26 PM

Looks like for the most part they are up and running again.

Data once again being transmitted to data resellers.

Today's Scratches and Changes XML file being populated with data, etc.

-jp