Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   No more account wagering in Arizona, again? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142524)

GMB@BP 12-29-2017 02:37 PM

No more account wagering in Arizona, again?

Not sure if this is just xpressbet but I just got a account closure notice from them saying turf paradise no longer has agreements for account wagering which makes it illegal.

If this is across all platforms...I am DONE.

We’re sorry to inform you that, beginning January 8, 2018, Arizona residents will no longer be allowed to bet with account wagering providers, including DRF Bets. This is a result of Turf Paradise’s decision not to extend its account wagering agreements, making account wagering illegal for Arizona customers.

thespaah 12-29-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2254918)
Not sure if this is just xpressbet but I just got a account closure notice from them saying turf paradise no longer has agreements for account wagering which makes it illegal.

If this is across all platforms...I am DONE.

We’re sorry to inform you that, beginning January 8, 2018, Arizona residents will no longer be allowed to bet with account wagering providers, including DRF Bets. This is a result of Turf Paradise’s decision not to extend its account wagering agreements, making account wagering illegal for Arizona customers.

What in Sam Hill was the Arizona legislature thinking about when they wrote and passed the law permitting ADW wagering?
To give one business entity that much power over the entire horse racing wagering population is absurd.
Screw Turf Paradise. Those who use ADWs should be marching on the state capitol with pitchforks and swords in hand.

GMB@BP 12-29-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespaah (Post 2254924)
What in Sam Hill was the Arizona legislature thinking about when they wrote and passed the law permitting ADW wagering?
To give one business entity that much power over the entire horse racing wagering population is absurd.
Screw Turf Paradise. Those who use ADWs should be marching on the state capitol with pitchforks and swords in hand.

I dont know whats going on, trying to get to the bottom of it. I would imagine it may be a power play to use one provider that they have a deal with.

thespaah 12-29-2017 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2254930)
I dont know whats going on, trying to get to the bottom of it. I would imagine it may be a power play to use one provider that they have a deal with.

When will this industry, wagering on horse racing. wise up. A few years ago when the horsemen refused to deal with Colonial Downs in good faith, they were successful in shutting down horse racing in the entire state. Included were all ADW accounts and all of the Virginia OTB sites.
And why did they do this? One reason I read was the horsemen from Maryland were upset there was a gap created in the Maryland schedule to accommodate the Colonial meeting. The other was the horsemen wanted bigger purses. The money was not there. So instead of 3/4's a loaf, they got no loaf.
So they walked. Screwed the fans and the track's operators. Plus there was some development slated for the area surrounding the track property.
Horsemen have far too much clout. Ideally, there should be a balance of interest between the track management, horsemen and of course US

Tom 12-29-2017 03:12 PM

Boycott Turf Paradise - if they don't care about the bettor, why should we care about them? Shut 'em down.

Clocker 12-29-2017 03:23 PM

There is a notice on the TuP web site about this. It says that Arizona residents will no longer be able to use Phone Betting for TuP racing. Not sure what this means, but it appears that Arizona residents do not have the same ADW access as most other states.

Quote:

Due to strict gaming regulations, we were never able to offer Advanced Deposit Wagering (ADW) the way you the customer deserved: with full Internet access
http://www.turfparadise.com/phone-bet-cancel.html

I don't know how much of TuP's handle comes from ADWs. Picking a day at random, on Monday, Dec. 11, the on-track handle was $24K and the off-track was just over a million.

GMB@BP 12-29-2017 03:30 PM

Yea, I am pretty much done with this sport other than rooting for my friends who are still involved in the day to day.

I will play the money I have in my contest sites, if they can even exist anymore. If I run out then I am done.

Sad that it has come to this, as many people here know I have been a long and ardent supporter of racing.

Clocker 12-29-2017 03:49 PM

It looks like existing ADW betting for Arizona residents is only over the phone, and cannot be done online.

Any AZ residents here?

From the DRF in 2014:

Quote:

Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona has signed a bill that allows telephone betting on horse and dog racing in Arizona, opening the state up to account wagering seven years after Arizona’s legislature cracked down on the practice.

The bill was passed overwhelmingly by the legislature several weeks ago, but not before stripping out language that would have allowed residents to place bets over the Internet. Nevertheless, the bill brings Arizona into the modern age of horse racing, where account wagering has been the only growing source of betting on races for the past decade.
http://www.drf.com/news/arizona-bill...count-wagering

GMB@BP 12-29-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2254969)
It looks like existing ADW betting for Arizona residents is only over the phone, and cannot be done online.

Any AZ residents here?

From the DRF in 2014:

http://www.drf.com/news/arizona-bill...count-wagering

I am, thought that was clear.

Yes, you have to call in, which is not ideal but once you get the hang of it you can do it in a minute or two.

johnhannibalsmith 12-29-2017 04:46 PM

Six months ago I quit coffee.

Two months ago I quit smoking.

Guess what else I have no problem quitting completely?

****ing morons.

johnhannibalsmith 12-29-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2254987)

Yes, you have to call in, which is not ideal but once you get the hang of it you can do it in a minute or two.

**** that it was quintessential Turf Paradise implementation: the one way to screw it up. Yeah, let's make it so that a ten second wagering transaction requires you to push 500,000,000,000,000 buttons or talk to Gomer Pyle's significant other and hope you don't get shut out. It was okay if you were playing $20 win and a $5 exacta and a completely unnecessary obstacle to getting wagers in and getting them in on time the rest of the time.

But holy **** that hardly means revert back to believing that you are putting on such a great show with Robertino winning four a day at 2-5 in six horse fields that people will get up and haul off to the shitty OTB or the track in
typical sabotage in the form of absurd rationalization.

GMB@BP 12-29-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith (Post 2255003)
**** that it was quintessential Turf Paradise implementation: the one way to screw it up. Yeah, let's make it so that a ten second wagering transaction requires you to push 500,000,000,000,000 buttons or talk to Gomer Pyle's significant other and hope you don't get shut out. It was okay if you were playing $20 win and a $5 exacta and a completely unnecessary obstacle to getting wagers in and getting them in on time the rest of the time.

But holy **** that hardly means revert back to believing that you are putting on such a great show with Robertino winning four a day at 2-5 in six horse fields that people will get up and haul off to the shitty OTB or the track in
typical sabotage in the form of absurd rationalization.

lol. cant argue there my friend.

I really dont have time for OTB's. They were ok back in the day, and work for the retired person but as a working professional its just not in the cards.

Its mind boggling this is the direction they have chosen. Seems like they would like to renegotiate this with the legislature.

johnhannibalsmith 12-29-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2255005)
Its mind boggling this is the direction they have chosen. ...

I wish that I could agree. There were a few directions that made sense so you knew those were out.

cj 12-29-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB@BP (Post 2255005)
lol. cant argue there my friend.

I really dont have time for OTB's. They were ok back in the day, and work for the retired person but as a working professional its just not in the cards.

Its mind boggling this is the direction they have chosen. Seems like they would like to renegotiate this with the legislature.

I actually was in an OTB in Arizona once. It was not a very nice place. I'd never go back.

Tom 12-29-2017 06:42 PM

Quote:

NNevertheless, the bill brings Arizona into the modern age of horse racing, evertheless, the bill brings Arizona into the modern age of horse racing,
Who writes this stuff? :pound::pound: