Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Sheet Readers (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121913)

fivepanels 04-15-2015 06:44 PM

Sheet Readers

If you are a sheet reader have you looked at the early numbers, here are my top plays

1. materiality
2.frosted
3.american pharoh
4. firing line
5. upstart

underneaths

carpe diem
danzig moon

I cant figure Dortmund I would toss him

give me your thoughts

Stillriledup 04-15-2015 08:53 PM

I don't purchase "sheets" but i know the concept and think about ground loss in my video work and whatnut, but here's a question for you and other sheet readers.

The Derby is a distance and most likely a surface none of the entrants have ever raced on, which means the numbers you are looking at aren't numbers that were accomplished at a mile and a quarter over the Churchill surface (not to mention different drug rules and prerace security, etc)

How do you use that as a factor when looking at numbers that have nothing to do with a mile and a quarter?

fivepanels 04-16-2015 01:00 PM

It is very helpful to have past races to look at if a known horse has run better races at certain tracks, but for this race most horses have all run either mile and a sixteenth or an eighth so the added distance is not a problem unless their breeding says so. As for drugs we don't take that into account unless lassix was on or off. Sheets are mostly about patterns of how horses react to prior races and create a pattern of good races to come. each number has taken into account up to 10 different things like ground saved wind track conditions etc and trouble for sure as well as the pace of the race.

Huddy Goodjob 04-16-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivepanels
If you are a sheet reader have you looked at the early numbers, here are my top plays

1. materiality
2.frosted
3.american pharoh
4. firing line
5. upstart

underneaths

carpe diem
danzig moon

I cant figure Dortmund I would toss him

give me your thoughts

What are these sheets you speak of?

BlueChip@DRF 04-16-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huddy Goodjob
What are these sheets you speak of?

Ragozin Sheets

ArlJim78 04-16-2015 02:54 PM

I'm curious why Firing Line is #4 and Dortmund is a toss.

SecretAgentMan 04-16-2015 04:24 PM

I have a friend that buys the sheets......he hit a nice triple or super (cant remember) last year in another race on derby day.

Does anyone know the last time the "sheets" had the winner in the KD?

BlueChip@DRF 04-16-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
I have a friend that buys the sheets......he hit a nice triple or super (cant remember) last year in another race on derby day.

Does anyone know the last time the "sheets" had the winner in the KD?

It wasn't War Emblem. I know because that's the 'class' I went to.

fivepanels 04-16-2015 05:03 PM

the sheets are a science, every user has different interpretations
on who they like but the one thing they do help with is horses not to use and we don't use class in our selections most of the time.if you don't know about them you should ask some track guys if they use them

Thunder Gulch 04-16-2015 05:13 PM

Sheets -Thorograph anyway- definitely pointed to Orb

BlueChip@DRF 04-16-2015 05:58 PM

Look at this Sheet.... How can you stand all these Sheets? I don't like the Sheet. It's all Sheet!

ArlJim78 04-16-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
Look at this Sheet.... How can you stand all these Sheets? I don't like the Sheet. It's all Sheet!

now don't be starting any sheet around here.

sbcaris 04-16-2015 06:04 PM

beyer figs

You do not have to spend 30 dollars for sheets when you can use the Beyer figs to the same importance. Last year the favorite was California Chrome and he had the highest last out Beyer fig. I do not know for sure but my guess would be he had the highest last out sheet number as well.

Lemon Drop Husker 04-16-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivepanels
the sheets are a science, every user has different interpretations
on who they like but the one thing they do help with is horses not to use and we don't use class in our selections most of the time.if you don't know about them you should ask some track guys if they use them

I use the Sheets in every big race event.

Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont, and most certainly the Breeders Cup.

The Sheets are spectacular in keeping you away from dead money horses. Horses that look good, or up and coming, will and can, look like garbage on the Sheets. And they basically red flag you to stay away. They are also great at identifying weak favorites.

At $30 to $40 clams per track, I only invest in big events. They are really only good with experienced top end horses with long running lines.

sandpit 04-16-2015 10:08 PM

I don't know what to make of Materiality, but Upstart to me is a complete toss. Horses need to have everything go basically perfect on the road to the Derby, and getting sick three weeks out and missing a work is the kiss of death.

Frosted seems like a live horse, and we know Kiaran can get a horse to peak on Derby Day, like Closing Argument did at 71-1 in 2005.