Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Del Mar great racing (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171731)

Brisk Urging 07-28-2022 08:42 AM

Del Mar great racing

Going over the entries for Del Mar this weekend so far the racing has been excellent huge fields including stakes races.

No issues of any kind

PhantomOnTour 07-28-2022 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisk Urging (Post 2820194)
Going over the entries for Del Mar this weekend so far the racing has been excellent huge fields including stakes races.

No issues of any kind

I can't tell you how relieved I am that you approve of their product

Brisk Urging 07-28-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2820197)

Thanks

PaceAdvantage 07-28-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour (Post 2820197)

Thanks for making me laugh with the first thing I read on here today...:lol:

Tom 07-28-2022 06:34 PM

They had so many entries, they added 2 races to Sunday's card.
Very good meeting going on, much more interesting than Toga so far.:ThmbUp:

And you can even watch their video....:rolleyes:

jocko699 07-28-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2820337)

Id you ever get a chance to go there Tom let me know. It is in my top 3 racetracks to go to. Been to Ascot but not Saratoga :blush: but I will one day.

It is such a beautiful place, mix that with eye candy and cold beer, makes any day a lot better.

BTW, do not stay at the Hilton.

westernmassbob 07-28-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2820337)

Del Mar is a different experience then Toga and I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two like a lot of folks do. Del Mar for sure has a much better racing product especially the quality of horses....quantity this meet so far as well. The ship and win program works very well for them. The jockey colony at Del Mar IMO is actually better because they have a deeper bench so to speak. Toga’ usually shares the wins amongst 6 jocks and the rest clean up the scraps here and there. I do like the team of track handicappers and racing analysts at Toga’ especially Maggie Wolfendale and Andy Serling. That’s right I said AS. I like them all but these two stand out considerably. The amount of insight these two provide is golden and not many are within reach at Del Mar. The other thing that Saratoga has is an enormous amount of character something that Del Mar is lacking. Don’t get me wrong Del Mar is a beautiful piece of property but it lacks the relaxed feeling one would get at Toga’. Gulfstream Park is my favorite track for other reasons but Saratoga is by far my second favorite. I love Saratoga.

cj 07-28-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westernmassbob (Post 2820363)
Del Mar is a different experience then Toga and I don’t think it’s fair to compare the two like a lot of folks do. Del Mar for sure has a much better racing product especially the quality of horses....quantity this meet so far as well. The ship and win program works very well for them. The jockey colony at Del Mar IMO is actually better because they have a deeper bench so to speak. Toga’ usually shares the wins amongst 6 jocks and the rest clean up the scraps here and there. I do like the team of track handicappers and racing analysts at Toga’ especially Maggie Wolfendale and Andy Serling. That’s right I said AS. I like them all but these two stand out considerably. The amount of insight these two provide is golden and not many are within reach at Del Mar. The other thing that Saratoga has is an enormous amount of character something that Del Mar is lacking. Don’t get me wrong Del Mar is a beautiful piece of property but it lacks the relaxed feeling one would get at Toga’. Gulfstream Park is my favorite track for other reasons but Saratoga is by far my second favorite. I love Saratoga.

I love Del Mar, but to say the quality of the horses there is better than Saratoga has to be trolling. Since half the racing these days is on turf, Del Mar starts in a huge whole. The turf racing isn't even comparable.

westernmassbob 07-29-2022 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2820386)
I love Del Mar, but to say the quality of the horses there is better than Saratoga has to be trolling. Since half the racing these days is on turf, Del Mar starts in a huge whole. The turf racing isn't even comparable.

I take three factors into consideration when coming up with the quality of a horse. The lineage of the horse , how much a horse was purchased for and the current earnings. Not in any particular order but the lineage/breeding is a huge factor to me. Now it’s not that Saratoga has bad horses it’s just overall that Del Mar beats them going head to head with my factors. If it was just based on Cal breds the discussion would be different but Del Mar has them coming in from all over.

Pigpen 07-29-2022 06:46 AM

Del Mar much more attractive as a wagering prospect (IMO). The 3 stakes this weekend have no fewer than 9 running (excluding late scratches) and the stake on Sunday has 12 running. Other races have full fields and that is what I am looking for.

CaptainObvious 07-29-2022 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigpen (Post 2820406)
Del Mar much more attractive as a wagering prospect (IMO). The 3 stakes this weekend have no fewer than 9 running (excluding late scratches) and the stake on Sunday has 12 running. Other races have full fields and that is what I am looking for.

Bingo. Toga has classier horses but, so far, Del Mar has the better wager product.

Tom 07-29-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious (Post 2820420)
Bingo. Toga has classier horses but, so far, Del Mar has the better wager product.

The only criteria I use is where the best races to bet are.
Dmr is it this year. If I want to watch great horse, I've got Youtube. :D

They all look alike on TV.
Actually, that's not true.
The camera views at Toga suck this year, totally amature level. Yesterday, they had a really dumb angle in one of the early races, looked like 3 horses fighting for the lead, but oe of them was 2 lengths behind,

Plus, Dmr has the drone shots, hands down state of the art.

The big reason California was always unplayable for me was small fields.
If you fill them, they will dome.

Andy Asaro 07-29-2022 09:14 AM

Del Mar is pretty good this year

But remember that Del Mar has an effed up Jackpot 6 while Saratoga has a traditional P6 and Exactas at Saratoga are 18.5% while Del Mar is 22.68%. And the late P5 at Saratoga is 15% take while Del Mar late P5 is 23.68%. Those are big advantages for Saratoga IMO

CaptainObvious 07-29-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2820431)
The only criteria I use is where the best races to bet are.
Dmr is it this year. If I want to watch great horse, I've got Youtube. :D

They all look alike on TV.
Actually, that's not true.
The camera views at Toga suck this year, totally amature level. Yesterday, they had a really dumb angle in one of the early races, looked like 3 horses fighting for the lead, but oe of them was 2 lengths behind,

Plus, Dmr has the drone shots, hands down state of the art.

The big reason California was always unplayable for me was small fields.
If you fill them, they will dome.

Couldn’t agree more.

CaptainObvious 07-29-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2820434)
Del Mar is pretty good this year

But remember that Del Mar has an effed up Jackpot 6 while Saratoga has a traditional P6 and Exactas at Saratoga are 18.5% while Del Mar is 22.68%. And the late P5 at Saratoga is 15% take while Del Mar late P5 is 23.68%. Those are big advantages for Saratoga IMO

Don’t play the P6 but I always take TO into consideration and Toga is much more friendly to players in that aspect. To me, the restrictions placed on CRW is just as important.