Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Medina Spirit (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167596)

Bullet Plane 11-08-2021 09:42 AM

Medina Spirit

This game racehorse really shined in the BC classic.

The purse money from that second and the Derby Win, if it stands, will put it on top in the money total for the 3 years olds.

and as they say, show me the money.

The horse did beat the other contenders for 3 YO of the year both times they met.

So, depending on that Derby result, he would be my 3 YO of the year.

I have to admit that I did like both HRC and EQ better going into the Classic, but MS did strut this stuff after extensive drug testing.

Leading me to believe that maybe Mr B was correct on what was the factor on the positive on the racehorse during the derby.

airford1 11-08-2021 12:12 PM

"Greatest Dirt trainer EVER" and watch the walking dead come out for this. Y'all love to tear down the one's that WIN.

Elkchester Road 11-08-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airford1 (Post 2765082)
"Greatest Dirt trainer EVER" and watch the walking dead come out for this. Y'all love to tear down the one's that WIN.

If they have it coming...yes, we do.

dilanesp 11-09-2021 01:27 PM

I watched the Classic again, and he had a very wide trip. Really ran a good race all things considered.

Robert Fischer 11-09-2021 04:03 PM

Knicks Go seemed 100% healthy etc...

Essential Quality had a slight setback at the start but showed nothing to assert doubt that he could have overcome that loose pace with even the smoothest of breaks.

Everything else pretty much ran exactly like we thought.

Medina Spirit is nice, especially if you root for Derby winners and/or California horses, but he has never done anything in his life to suggest an eclipse winning ability.

dilanesp 11-09-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Fischer (Post 2765348)
Knicks Go seemed 100% healthy etc...

Essential Quality had a slight setback at the start but showed nothing to assert doubt that he could have overcome that loose pace with even the smoothest of breaks.

Everything else pretty much ran exactly like we thought.

Medina Spirit is nice, especially if you root for Derby winners and/or California horses, but he has never done anything in his life to suggest an eclipse winning ability.

I am not saying he's the second coming of Man O' War, but cj made the point that he's not responsible for all the Baffert shenanigans. Medina Spirit shows up, every time, and tries hard. Hopefully we get to see more of him next year.

airford1 11-09-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkchester Road (Post 2765100)
If they have it coming...yes, we do.

Until then we should wait to publicly smear him. Take the evidence to court. I'm not a Bob Baffert fanatic, just believe in the judicial system in America. I dont believe CD has much of a case. The bias in the triple crown races have shown in the past with other horses and trainers. We all remember Doug O and the Nasal strips. Pure harassment and NO case.

Elkchester Road 11-10-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airford1 (Post 2765355)
Until then we should wait to publicly smear him. Take the evidence to court. I'm not a Bob Baffert fanatic, just believe in the judicial system in America. I dont believe CD has much of a case. The bias in the triple crown races have shown in the past with other horses and trainers. We all remember Doug O and the Nasal strips. Pure harassment and NO case.

The Positive that Baffert himself doesn't deny would say you are wrong.

biggestal99 11-12-2021 06:24 AM

Eq will win the eclipse for 3 year old

1. Travers win.
2. Belmont win.
3. Non juicing trainer

Allan

cj 11-12-2021 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilanesp (Post 2765323)
I watched the Classic again, and he had a very wide trip. Really ran a good race all things considered.

I agree he ran a really good race, but not because of the wide trip. All wide is not equal. That was actually pretty ideal given pace and flow of the race IMO.

Sysonby 11-14-2021 01:27 PM

Wide trip was better than the rail on Saturday according to Thorograph. I noticed Knicks Go was out a couple lanes instead of on the rail.

dilanesp 11-14-2021 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sysonby (Post 2766258)
Wide trip was better than the rail on Saturday according to Thorograph. I noticed Knicks Go was out a couple lanes instead of on the rail.

Medina Spirit was way out.

Even if I accept the rail was bad, ground loas around 2 turns still matters.

classhandicapper 11-14-2021 03:20 PM

Ground loss makes my head explode. :bang: