Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Migliore: Irad Ortiz’s ‘Unnecessary’ Jockeying Took Credit Away From Life Is Good (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171930)

Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 06:14 PM

Migliore: Irad Ortiz’s ‘Unnecessary’ Jockeying Took Credit Away From Life Is Good
 
Excerpt:


Ortiz looked over his left shoulder at about the eighth pole nearing the finish and saw Happy Saver a couple lengths back on the rail, then opted to guide Life Is Good over to cross in front of that rival. John Velazquez adjusted course to the outside of Life Is Good, and Ortiz allowed Life Is Good to drift out for the remainder of the stretch run as he rolled to the wire two lengths clear of Happy Saver.

“I'm not a fan of this move,” Migliore said on the NYRA broadcast after the race. “I think Irad is a tremendously talented rider, but sometimes he just gets carried away.



Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 06:26 PM


Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 06:54 PM


cj 08-08-2022 08:35 PM

Since the 30 day suspension, Ortiz has been untouchable in New York. Nothing has changed with his riding, but now he seemingly gets a free pass. The stewards issued a stern ruling but are not willing to go any further.

Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2822813)
Since the 30 day suspension, Ortiz has been untouchable in New York. Nothing has changed with his riding, but now he seemingly gets a free pass. The stewards issued a stern ruling but are not willing to go any further.

I'll say it. The only way they let a guy get away with this is if they're betting on him in those situations.

the little guy 08-08-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2822814)
I'll say it. The only way they let a guy get away with this is if they're betting on him in those situations.

I'll say it.....this is beyond idiotic.

Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2822818)
I'll say it.....this is beyond idiotic.

I say the same thing about umpires and refs who repeatedly blow calls. Good chance they're gambling.

the little guy 08-08-2022 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2822819)
I say the same thing about umpires and refs who repeatedly blow calls. Good chance they're gambling.

Yes, Andy, that's stupid too. Not as dumb as the prior statement but it's not brilliant.

I don't know why they allow Irad to act with relative impunity either, but it's 100% not because they are gambling on the races. Unlike you, I know them.

westernmassbob 08-08-2022 08:46 PM

Happy Saver almost lost a placing because of the lane switch in the stretch. Almost being the key word here. I think everyone’s opinions would have changed if Happy Saver finished 3rd.

Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the little guy (Post 2822827)
Yes, Andy, that's stupid too. Not as dumb as the prior statement but it's not brilliant.

I don't know why they allow Irad to act with relative impunity either, but it's 100% not because they are gambling on the races. Unlike you, I know them.

Gambling on his mounts in those cases is the most likely explanation

cj 08-08-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2822829)
Gambling on his mounts in those cases is the most likely explanation

No way I'm buying into stewards betting in New York. They have too much to lose. I'd say the same about umpires or referees on the highest stage too. If I thought they bet I wouldn't be playing.

That said, if they are betting Irad's mounts, they are taking a bath at Saratoga. :)

Jeff P 08-08-2022 09:25 PM

Clearly, 30 days failed to deliver the message.

I say the stewards should call Irad in for a meeting and go over video from take your pick/any number of his rides, and then afterwards, calmly tell him:

"Herding is dangerous. Unless we act you are eventually going to get someone killed. Effective immediately you are hereby suspended 90 days."

Imo, the stewards need to cowboy-up.

Otherwise, looking the other way WILL eventually get someone killed.


-jp

.

v j stauffer 08-08-2022 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2822829)
Gambling on his mounts in those cases is the most likely explanation

C'mon ANDY you've been in the trenches. There's ZERO chance the Stewards are involved at the windows. ZERO!

Andy Asaro 08-08-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v j stauffer (Post 2822845)
C'mon ANDY you've been in the trenches. There's ZERO chance the Stewards are involved at the windows. ZERO!

Well, one of the NYRA made men can go ask why they let him get away with his dangerous riding and put everyone's mind at ease.

Maximillion 08-08-2022 09:47 PM

You could tie a 100 pound sack on this horse...and he again feels the need to inject himself into the situation.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.