Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Sports (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NCAAF Week 1 Odds (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172289)

CheckMark 09-01-2022 10:11 AM

NCAAF Week 1 Odds

NCAAF Odds and Selections Week 1

Explination on odds: Conley Line is a line that shows how much a team is favoured over the next team in their power ratings (which are mine)

The total is created using Off+Def Power Ratings

9/1/2022
Vegas Line ConleyLine
Ball State 67 66
Tennessee -35.5 -31

West Virginia 51.5 54
Pittsburgh -7 -15 100* play on PITT-7(-120)

Penn State -3.5 -1
Purdue 53 53

Louisiana Tech 61.5 60
Missouri -21 -18.5

New Mexico State 53 52
Minnesota -37 -33

Central Michigan 58 57
Oklahoma State -21.5 -25 *3.5 pt edge on spread*

lamboguy 09-01-2022 11:53 AM

anyone have a line on Miami Florida this week?

CheckMark 09-01-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2827722)
anyone have a line on Miami Florida this week?

They are playing an FCS team this week which I believe is Bethine or Bethune Cookman (doing this from memory)

Only doing FBS not FCS teams sorry

Last time I checked it was sitting at -45.5/62.5 but it could be higher than that

CheckMark 09-02-2022 03:12 PM

NCAAF Odds and Selections Week 1

9/2/2022

Vegas Line Conley Line
Illinois 46.5 47.5
Indiana -1.5 -2

Virginia Tech -6.5 -15 100* play on VT-6 (-110) TheScoreBet
Old Dominion 48 51

Western Michigan 54 56
Michigan State -21 -27

Temple 51.5 53
Duke -9.5 -11

TCU -13.5 -6.5
Colorado 59 58.5

sharkey11 09-02-2022 05:39 PM

gl mr. C on week 1 ncaa fb if your line is better than the bookies then its the bookie ATM :pound: gl sir

CheckMark 09-02-2022 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkey11 (Post 2828060)
gl mr. C on week 1 ncaa fb if your line is better than the bookies then its the bookie ATM :pound: gl sir

Thanks Sharkey! And you are 100% correct on that statement for bookies money! I am only limiting my plays to big advantages and not playing all edge plays that I see. See what happens hoping to make some good $$ somehow lol.

CheckMark 09-03-2022 11:43 AM

sharkey11 09-03-2022 07:19 PM

i recognize those numbers i used to do my own power ratings too lots of work doing em but they did give me a slight edge in most recent past a giant edge back in the 80s couple of books shut me off back then one even had the nerve to ask how i was doing it :pound:i suppose you could eke out a small profit combined with using the key numbers :headbanger:

CheckMark 09-03-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkey11 (Post 2828314)
i recognize those numbers i used to do my own power ratings too lots of work doing em but they did give me a slight edge in most recent past a giant edge back in the 80s couple of books shut me off back then one even had the nerve to ask how i was doing it :pound:i suppose you could eke out a small profit combined with using the key numbers :headbanger:

:ThmbUp:

Today alone computing lines and picking out selections for SATURDAY, not just the week lol took about 3 hours alone which I know is hard work but hard work does pay off eventually

Here is how it went today:

Started at 8:00am SHARP
About 20 or so minutes writing out who playing who rotation #ers special info with lines and totals

Then about 1 hour of computing ratings for all teams; I produce a power rating for every game/team to create a line and total

Then 2 hours to figure out what games to circle and then research those games
in-depth to find if that team has any edges (besides the ones I have with my ratings)

Then place the bets before kickoff and watch my work for the rest of the afternoon which is now 11:30 when I looked at the clock again

It gets easier when there are fewer games (obviously) but I love the challenge and like what I said hard work pays off when you put the work/research in these games!

:cool:

Inner Dirt 09-04-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2827990)
Virginia Tech -6.5 -15 100* play on VT-6 (-110) TheScoreBet
Old Dominion 48 51

The only thing that saved me from that game destroying the parlay I was going to make was it slipped my mind it was a Friday game. I went to ESPN looking at stats Friday night ready to put a Saturday ticket together and saw that game had started. How in the hell does VT lose outright to OD?
I swear every time I think a pick is a gimme, it loses.

CheckMark 09-04-2022 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2828419)
The only thing that saved me from that game destroying the parlay I was going to make was it slipped my mind it was a Friday game. I went to ESPN looking at stats Friday night ready to put a Saturday ticket together and saw that game had started. How in the hell does VT lose outright to OD?
I swear every time I think a pick is a gimme, it loses.

A lot of my sports betting friends were asking why did I take Virginia Tech over Old Dom and I said well the power rating line is very high on VT and VT should win because of a few stats and trends I found on them

At one point in the game, I felt good because they were up AND covering which felt nice for once but then they let OD get to them and win the game

I mean I shook off that loss to get a win on the weekend so it was bittersweet that we lost one day and got the win the next but then again I should be 2-0-1 in CFB not 1-1-1

Inner Dirt 09-04-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2828431)
A lot of my sports betting friends were asking why did I take Virginia Tech over Old Dom and I said well the power rating line is very high on VT and VT should win because of a few stats and trends I found on them

At one point in the game, I felt good because they were up AND covering which felt nice for once but then they let OD get to them and win the game

I mean I shook off that loss to get a win on the weekend so it was bittersweet that we lost one day and got the win the next but then again I should be 2-0-1 in CFB not 1-1-1

Glad you won over the weekend. I lost $50, but it was a free bet on a joint account I have with a friend, kind of like sticking my toe in the water, as I have never been good at college football. I think if I just bet the other side when I felt I have a gimme, I would make a profit.

Ahorsewithnoname 09-04-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2828212)

Looks like you dumped a glass of kool-aid on the notes.

CheckMark 09-04-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahorsewithnoname (Post 2828470)
Looks like you dumped a glass of kool-aid on the notes.

The book was in the bottom of a backpack but then water got in on it and caused it to do that and stained it :rant:

Here is today's game only 1 on tap but hey football is football lol
VL CL
Florida State 51 53.5
LSU -4 -5

zico20 09-04-2022 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckMark (Post 2828431)

Virginia Tech has a new coach and they are not projected to be all that good. I know Old Dominion isn't a world beater but they did beat them four years ago.