Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Gronkowski? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144209)

PowerUpPaynter 04-12-2018 07:03 AM

Gronkowski?

Anyone know much about this horse or is he just a default auto toss?

LoneF 04-12-2018 09:37 AM

To put it in proper perspective, the horses that Gronkowski has been facing make it look like Justify has been beating up on Secretariat and Spectacular Bid. I don’t think this horse has ever even taken a turn yet. I believe he has only raced on straightaways.

I think Jerry Bailey hit the nail on the head when he said this horse will probably be 20-1 because of his clever name, but really should be around 120-1.

I wouldn’t bet him with boys at toscanovas money lol

TheGarMan 04-12-2018 11:04 AM

TOSS! (And please let the foolish money pour in on him!) :headbanger:

TheGarMan 04-19-2018 02:09 PM

Well, the plot thickens... :lol:

The real "Gronk" now owns a share of the derby bound horse Gronkowski.

I would imagine the New England fans will bet in waves.

The ESPN Sportscenter hype on race week will be noticeable.

I actually get 2 positive takeaways on this:

1) Its good to have a high profile (young) owner in the game people can recognize

2) The horse has no chance, so every dollar they toss in the pool is a dollar we can share.

LoneF 04-19-2018 07:42 PM

I cannot tell you how thankful I am for Gronkowski. Second only to Justify in how happy I am they are in the race. Heat a lot of people mentioning Free Drop Billy. You have to go 5 races back with that guy to see any running line that would give you hope he can win. His last 4 races have been against the same horses he will face in the KY Derby and he never came close to winning any of them . Very thankful he’s in the field along with My Boy Jack.

SkunkApe 04-19-2018 08:45 PM

Original Poster: Hey, what’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

LoneF: Vanilla, and Justify sucks.

bks 04-20-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneF (Post 2305099)
I cannot tell you how thankful I am for Gronkowski. Second only to Justify in how happy I am they are in the race. Heat a lot of people mentioning Free Drop Billy. You have to go 5 races back with that guy to see any running line that would give you hope he can win. His last 4 races have been against the same horses he will face in the KY Derby and he never came close to winning any of them . Very thankful he’s in the field along with My Boy Jack.

Putting Justify in a sentence with Gronkowski should be illegal. Any horse that wins SA Derby, let alone against Bolt D'Oro, deserves his billing in KY Derby.

upthecreek 04-23-2018 07:55 AM

burnsy 04-23-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bks (Post 2305280)
Putting Justify in a sentence with Gronkowski should be illegal. Any horse that wins SA Derby, let alone against Bolt D'Oro, deserves his billing in KY Derby.

I don't see the fascination with Justify or Bolt D'oro. The horse that Good Magic beat as a maiden In the BC juvenile. A horse that has to be put up for his only victory in months. A horse that kind of looks like a perennial runner up or show horse in the big races.

This is one of the reasons I like Good Magic, he won the BC Juvenile (first win) a race that usually draws all kinds of attention and money and people give little respect this year. He throws in the bummer on the come back (FOY) then works out a workman like trip in the Blue Grass. Meanwhile, this horse Bolt D'oro is still looking for a real victory this year. He's also had multiple excuses for not winning, that does not bode well with 19 horses. I gotta get at least 12-1 or more on a horse like that. I am wary of Bolt D'oro, Justify and Solomini until they beat someone good.