Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2020 HorseStreet Pars - Available Now (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157018)

Dave Schwartz 03-22-2020 12:33 PM

2020 HorseStreet Pars - Available Now

hracingplyr 03-25-2020 06:44 PM

Pars

Question for Dave or the group. What is the proper way to use pars in ones day to day handicapping?

Bob

CheckMark 03-25-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hracingplyr (Post 2578396)
Question for Dave or the group. What is the proper way to use pars in ones day to day handicapping?

Bob

According to Cynthia Publishing, here are some tidbits on how to possibly use/why should you use pars:

Without par times, you have to guess whether a shipper has the pace-and-speed ability to be competitive in today's field, or if a class-jumper can has run fast enough to withstand the raise, or how well a distance-switcher will do running longer or shorter.

Give you an at-a-glance feel for how Oaklawn Park competes with Fair Grounds, or how much of a hurdle the Tampa Bay shipper has to clear to succeed at Gulfstream.

Hopefully this helps! Good luck! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

hracingplyr 03-25-2020 06:57 PM

I

Get that, but how about horses that run at the same track yr around like Parx and Gulfstream just to name a few

CheckMark 03-25-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hracingplyr (Post 2578401)
Get that, but how about horses that run at the same track yr around like Parx and Gulfstream just to name a few

Maybe if they were either changing class levels or even switching distances? Like in Dave's Par time book, it shows Times for each class level, distance, adjustments for sprints/routes/NW2 and 3L/Females/Statebred etc and if the horse was at Parx for 6F and he was stepping up to 7F, you can see if he can handle the distance using the par times and also to adjust if any. Same for class levels as well.

Here is a link to Dave's website and it does show an in-depth look on what you are getting for your money:

https://store.pacemakestherace.com/2...es-electronic/

xtb 03-25-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hracingplyr (Post 2578401)

Then you would use daily variant only.

rubicon55 03-25-2020 07:10 PM

My 2 cents. Not sure how others use those and I am no expert but I use par figures to see if horses are running at par for that class rating or not. If running par I tend to be more confident with my pace and speed selections. Lower than par may indicate slow surfaces and you may be able to adjust accordingly. You can save a bundle if you recognize what the par should be and either change your game plan or wait for another day.

CheckMark 03-25-2020 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon55 (Post 2578408)
My 2 cents. Not sure how others use those and I am no expert but I use par figures to see if horses are running at par for that class rating or not. If running par I tend to be more confident with my pace and speed selections. Lower than par may indicate slow surfaces and you may be able to adjust accordingly. You can save a bundle if you recognize what the par should be and either change your game plan or wait for another day.

hracingplyr, this sums it right here!
Nice description rubicon55!
Just didn’t have the correct words

Dave Schwartz 03-25-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hracingplyr (Post 2578396)

Bob

I've been building class-based pars for almost 3 decades because that's what everyone wants. However, I do not advocate using them that way.

Here's a complete seminar I did on how to make the most of pars.

I use them to normalize races from one track to another.

If one wants to know what it will take to win this race, I do not suggest that you look at the level of the race.

Instead, look at the "strength" of the race.

I believe I covered that on the video. It is also in my Percentages & Probabilities book.

Tom 03-25-2020 11:28 PM

Let me chime in and say Dave's pars are well worth the money.
Dave was recommended to me by Tom Brohamer back in the 90s and I have been using Dave's pars and other products ever since.
Used to be a quarterly subscription of 10K pars - nowadays, much improved.

I'll post the method I use with his pars tomorrow, but let me just say using his 10K par times and setting them = an 80 Beyer (100 Quirin) works very well.

So as an example, If a horse comes from Laurel to Belmont with an 88 Beyer. I look to see what the 88 equals at Lrl and then at Bel and adjust the "ship from" pace line to Bel times. Works very well.

I use the DRF Winners Books to get the variants for each day in term of Quirin numbers, then calculate pace variants from that data. Once I get a track set up, it is really fast and easy to keep it update.

If you are a Total Pace user, one of the charts is ideal to use to set your track to track adjustments.

I set up a chart for each track I play seriously and then when I have a shipper from one I don't it is easy to use the Beyer's to tell what adjustment to make to the PP line times to get it "equalized" to the track I am play that day.

I started looking at turf sprint last year because there are so many of them nowadays, and I was very surprised (and happy) to see that this method is pretty good at equalizing lines from different distance and courses, like Belmont inner to Aqu outer...much better than I ever thought would be the case.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Boulder 03-27-2020 04:11 PM

Tom

I was wondering if you posted your way of using the Pars.

Thanks

Boulder

JohnGalt1 04-10-2020 01:32 PM

Dave

I just received your par book. The first time I ordered it.

Did you do pars for the inner track at Woodbine?

I estimated that the routes are about 2 seconds slower than the regular turf course.

If you have them could you post the $10k claiming line, with variants.

This number won't mean anything to those who don't have your pars.

Or you could PM me.

Thanks

Dave Schwartz 04-10-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 (Post 2585045)
Dave

Thanks

Dang, have I left those out?

I will check and report back.

Dave

Dave Schwartz 04-10-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boulder (Post 2579162)
I was wondering if you posted your way of using the Pars.

Thanks

Boulder

This video is the one you want.

Dave Schwartz 04-10-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 (Post 2585045)
Dave

I estimated that the routes are about 2 seconds slower than the regular turf course.
Thanks

Thank you. That was a great catch!

I have corrected the 2020 Track Pars booklet.

Just go back to the electronic link and open/save it again.

If you do not have that link, please email me and I will send it to you.