Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Odds changes during races WHAT A JOKE (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142423)

jay68802 04-06-2018 01:09 PM

Check out the first race at Tampa today. After the race is over, declared official, the odds that are posted for the winning horse is 5/2. Pays $6.00

lamboguy 04-06-2018 01:24 PM

not so fast! you obviously were not paying attention to the first at Keeneland. 3 minutes after the race, the winning horse, #2 goes down from 3-1 to 2-1. the money on him increases by over $3000 3 minutes after the race. now the runnerup, #9 leaves the race at 3/5 and official at 4/5 with about $2000 less on him in the winpool.

i keep trying to press my buttons and get no response after the race.

jay68802 04-06-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2298944)
not so fast! you obviously were not paying attention to the first at Keeneland. 3 minutes after the race, the winning horse, #2 goes down from 3-1 to 2-1. the money on him increases by over $3000 3 minutes after the race. now the runnerup, #9 leaves the race at 3/5 and official at 4/5 with about $2000 less on him in the winpool.

i keep trying to press my buttons and get no response after the race.

You obviously have the wrong buttons.

Denny 04-06-2018 02:13 PM

computer access

Someone in the know once told me the highest security access anywhere at the racetrack is the computer room.

Wonder why, anybody?.

Clue: The infamous Fix 6. (Who knows how often it could be happening.)

biggestal99 04-06-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storyline (Post 2296944)
Reride who easily beat Sunland Derby winner Runaway Ghost 34 days ago gets dusted today by 20 lengths finishing 3rd in Meydan, nobody ever saw that coming. :lol:

well be have the facts completely straight.

He was 20-1 on the exchange.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10-foot pole at that price.

He was scorched by Mendelssohn.

Allan

green80 04-07-2018 03:11 PM

well I finally had one of those late odds changes work for me today. Will Rogers r3 #8 was 1/5 leaving the gate and 3/1 crossing the wire.

affirmedny 04-07-2018 04:22 PM

Winner of the Excelsior at AQU went from 7 to 12-1 during the race....

cj 04-07-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny (Post 2299442)

Other way around? He paid 17.60 (7-1)

Poindexter 04-07-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affirmedny (Post 2299442)

Winning horses go up in odds after off often. The problem is is you liked the horse at 9 or 10-1 up, you don't get the benefit of collecting that 12-1. This happens to me often. That is why horse racing really sucks now. We get burned when are horse get hammered after off and we don't get to take advantage of the horses that we would have bet that do not become value until after off.

A while back I created a thread where I suggested that we be able to make conditional bets that get fulfilled after the race goes off. If we had that option, someone may have been able to make a conditional bet on the said horse at 10-1+ and been able to collect a nice mutual, instead of being frustrated by the fact that the horse drifted up at a time he could not take advantage of the price.

This aspect of racing is just too damn frustrating and is going to continue to stunt the growth of the sport. Either you give players exchange betting, you make the whales(all rebated bets) bet by 2 minutes to post, you come up with something creative like after off conditional betting, or this sport will continue to suck from a betting standpoint. The main determinant of whether we will win or lose (the actual odds) long term cannot be predicted with any reliability. Even PA has finally figured this out.

But as long as we keep accepting this bs, this bs will continue. We boycott over a 2% takeout increase but we don't boycott over this. Very curious?

Dave Schwartz 04-07-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poindexter (Post 2299471)
A while back I created a thread where I suggested that we be able to make conditional bets that get fulfilled after the race goes off. If we had that option, someone may have been able to make a conditional bet on the said horse at 10-1+ and been able to collect a nice mutual, instead of being frustrated by the fact that the horse drifted up at a time he could not take advantage of the price.

So, that means the betting is shut off for everyone but... who? The people who get to bet after the gate opens?

cj 04-07-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Winning horses go up in odds after off often. The problem is is you liked the horse at 9 or 10-1 up, you don't get the benefit of collecting that 12-1. This happens to me often. That is why horse racing really sucks now. We get burned when are horse get hammered after off and we don't get to take advantage of the horses that we would have bet that do not become value until after off.

This aspect of racing is just too damn frustrating and is going to continue to stunt the growth of the sport. Either you give players exchange betting, you make the whales(all rebated bets) bet by 2 minutes to post, you come up with something creative like after off conditional betting, or this sport will continue to suck from a betting standpoint. The main determinant of whether we will win or lose (the actual odds) long term cannot be predicted with any reliability. Even PA has finally figured this out.

But as long as we keep accepting this bs, this bs will continue. We boycott over a 2% takeout increase but we don't boycott over this. Very curious?

Like I said, this horse didn't go up, he went down.

whisperlunch 04-07-2018 08:54 PM

I had a horse last Thursday or Friday go off 4-1 and after winning was at 5/2. No doubt there are some outlets getting to bet after the races start. Maybe it’s offshore but I’m convinced they get a few seconds. Speaking of offshore
I have a few sports accounts and I rarely play horses but last year I hit a race at an offshore sports book and it took a couple hours to grade it. I called and they said I bet it after the race by 8 or 9 seconds. They allow up to 10 seconds for the bet to stand. I was paid.

affirmedny 04-07-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2299443)
Other way around? He paid 17.60 (7-1)

Sorry, 4NJBETS had wrong odds posted. Should have checked b4 posting, Slightly less pissed about getting shut out now

JerryBoyle 04-07-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Don't some ADW's already provide conditional wagering? I've never used it so I've got no idea how it works, but I thought I've seen it advertised

jay68802 04-08-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryBoyle (Post 2299781)
Don't some ADW's already provide conditional wagering? I've never used it so I've got no idea how it works, but I thought I've seen it advertised

You put a bet in and the minimum post time odds you are willing to take. If the odds are higher than your minimum, the bet is placed, if the odds are lower, the bet is canceled. I placed 6 today, 4 were canceled, 2 were placed, 1 of them I still got less than my minimum odds.