Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Handicapping Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IQ (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172746)

PIC6SIX 10-04-2022 04:34 PM

IQ

Does anyone out there have each jockey's IQ. Very important statistic. Good idea to research high school records or see if he or she made Dean's List. This is the missing piece of the handicapping puzzle.

Inner Dirt 10-04-2022 04:48 PM

I would think it would be 100% completely irrelevant. Jockeys need great vision, need to be observant, and anticipate things before they happen among other things. Kind of like an NFL QB who sees the whole field and anticipates the pass rush. You can have all those things and not be able to count to 20 without taking off your shoes. You also can be a straight A student and have none of the above.

kyle r 10-04-2022 05:48 PM

Yes, I do.

PIC6SIX 10-04-2022 10:45 PM

Wish you can post data that you have unless there is a privacy issue. Thanks:headbanger::headbanger:

BroadwayJoe 10-05-2022 07:12 AM

The 2 smartest jockeys are Paco Lopez & Irad Ortiz....

because of all the shit they get away with

:lol:

Spacenoid 10-05-2022 07:42 AM

funny, but I do wish there was a way to rate and rank jockeys beyond wins and winnings.

v j stauffer 10-05-2022 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIC6SIX (Post 2833772)
Does anyone out there have each jockey's IQ. Very important statistic. Good idea to research high school records or see if he or she made Dean's List. This is the missing piece of the handicapping puzzle.

I've met and worked for jockey's that were extremely intelligent. Jermaine Bridgmohan and Alfredo Guererro aka Freddy Turner come to mind. In fact, I felt their high IQ was at times off putting to trainers. Jose Valdivia Jr has also been accused of that.

Other's while not scholars possessed a street smart moxey they utilized with great effect. Jack Kaenel and Ron Hansen both checked that box for me.

Then there's the group that were simply just not real smart guys. There's lots of names who fit that category (not going there). Just like every other walk of life. For some it clearly impacted their riding. Others not so much. I remember one was nicknamed "The Mind". He's in the HOF.

As for incorporating these figures into trying to bet live horses and or pick winners.

Good luck with that!

BroadwayJoe 10-05-2022 08:51 AM

You can tell the smart jockeys just by watching races.....

For example...

Watch a few races from the day before ...

See where the winners are positioned during the race...

Pay particular attention on how they enter the stretch....

The smart jocks will tip off the rail for that last run....

Parx was sloppy and rail was dead last few days.....

watch some of the asses that tried to rally on the rail

NOTE those morons...!!!!

kyle r 10-05-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIC6SIX (Post 2833811)
Wish you can post data that you have unless there is a privacy issue. Thanks:headbanger::headbanger:

The profiles are $29.95 per jock. $299.95 for a complete room. We also do trainers. And we have historical profiles ranking all jocks of significance from Bobby Ussery all the way down to Gary Stevens.

Tom 10-05-2022 11:43 AM

Ever consider using their biorhythms?

Inner Dirt 10-05-2022 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe (Post 2833840)
You can tell the smart jockeys just by watching races.....

For example...

Watch a few races from the day before ...

See where the winners are positioned during the race...

Pay particular attention on how they enter the stretch....

The smart jocks will tip off the rail for that last run....

Parx was sloppy and rail was dead last few days.....

watch some of the asses that tried to rally on the rail

NOTE those morons...!!!!

None of that has anything to do with what a person would score on an I.Q. test.

GMB@BP 10-05-2022 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIC6SIX (Post 2833772)

dont know but must be higher than mine, all the ones I hung around with had more money then I ever did.