Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Did Martin Garcia do the right turn body slam on Follow Me Crev on purpose? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138692)

kevb 05-30-2017 07:51 AM

In my mind it was suspicious, but no one has mentioned that the 4 horse ridden my Jamie Theriot made a left turn out of the gate. Garcia and Theriot squeezed Crev back like a watermelon seed.

SG4 05-30-2017 01:17 PM

If you're in a G1 race and your big concern is how do I eliminate Follow Me Crev, I think that would a) speak sadly to our horse population & b) suggest you have a G3 horse at best. He's a nice, consistent horse I would love to own, but I have to think it's crazy to consider this was a premeditated move.

Dahoss9698 05-30-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG4 (Post 2177536)
If you're in a G1 race and your big concern is how do I eliminate Follow Me Crev, I think that would a) speak sadly to our horse population & b) suggest you have a G3 horse at best. He's a nice, consistent horse I would love to own, but I have to think it's crazy to consider this was a premeditated move.

I think it's crazy to just accept everything that happens at face value in this sport.

The horse is a grade 3 horse at best. He was used as a hit man and rabbit in the Gold Cup. Tag team racing at its best.

I wonder how much money the connections of the winner bet.

Andy Asaro 05-30-2017 03:08 PM

If it never happened before we'd give them a pass BUT it has happened before with the Trainer/Jockey.

cj 05-30-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Asaro (Post 2177620)
If it never happened before we'd give them a pass BUT it has happened before with the Trainer/Jockey.

There was Bayern in the Classic though that wasn't really tag team, and of course Sky Kingdom / Shared Belief. I'm sure there are others.

Spalding No! 05-30-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2177696)
There was Bayern in the Classic though that wasn't really tag team, and of course Sky Kingdom / Shared Belief. I'm sure there are others.

Anyone have a replay of Race 2 at Santa Anita February 20, 2017?

That was Follow Me Crev's comeback race (not a Grade 1). His trainer had another entrant, Conquest Cobra in the race. If I recall correctly, that horse dueled for the lead while stalked by the 3-2 favorite El Huerfano. When the latter made a strong bid for the lead at the 1/4 pole, Conquest Cobra's jock drifted his mount out sharply, right into El Huerfano's path causing that one to shift out extra wide. Meanwhile, stablemate Follow Me Crev got by the other pacesetter and had a clear run along the inside, surging to victory.

cj 05-30-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spalding No! (Post 2177720)
Anyone have a replay of Race 2 at Santa Anita February 20, 2017?

That was Follow Me Crev's comeback race (not a Grade 1). His trainer had another entrant, Conquest Cobra in the race. If I recall correctly, that horse dueled for the lead while stalked by the 3-2 favorite El Huerfano. When the latter made a strong bid for the lead at the 1/4 pole, Conquest Cobra's jock drifted his mount out sharply, right into El Huerfano's path causing that one to shift out extra wide. Meanwhile, stablemate Follow Me Crev got by the other pacesetter and had a clear run along the inside, surging to victory.

Finding SoCal replays that can be posted here are tough, but you can always find them at calracing.com or via most ADWs when logged in. I did find out the other day you can't get replays on calracing the same day of the races. You now have to wait until the next day. What a sport!

dilanesp 05-30-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2177723)
Finding SoCal replays that can be posted here are tough, but you can always find them at calracing.com or via most ADWs when logged in. I did find out the other day you can't get replays on calracing the same day of the races. You now have to wait until the next day. What a sport!

I posted about that back when they changed over. It was around the first of the year. Something relating to the contract that was signed with the video service.

Spalding No! 05-30-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj (Post 2177723)

You're right. I found the replay on the Thoroughbred Daily News site, which has a good breeding section that posts the replays of wins of offspring of specific sires.

In this case you have to look up Quality Road and you will eventually find the Follow Me Crev allowance race with both pan and head-on replays.

Couldn't figure out how to link it to here though.

Lono 08-13-2017 05:39 PM

personal

I'll just Boycott Keeneland and all KY tracks.