Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Masks are Just "Comfort Blankets" (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165818)

boxcar 08-21-2021 05:05 PM

This is OLD Freakin' News!!!

Most face masks won’t stop COVID-19 indoors, study warns

“There is no question it is beneficial to wear any face covering, both for protection in close proximity and at a distance in a room,” says study leader Serhiy Yarusevych, a professor of mechanical and mechatronics engineering, in a university release. “However, there is a very serious difference in the effectiveness of different masks when it comes to controlling aerosols.”

Really? Who would have ever thunk? :rolleyes:

Researchers theorize many people wear masks that don’t fit their face properly. As a result, many cloth and surgical masks only filter about 10 percent of exhaled aerosols. The rest make their way past the mask, most through the top, and spread into the surrounding environment. Conversely, higher-quality, more expensive N95 and KN95 masks filter over 50 percent of all aerosol droplets.

In light of these findings study authors recommend that everyone wear a N95 or KN95 mask if possible whenever indoors in the company of others.

https://www.studyfinds.org/face-mask...covid-indoors/

Many of us have known this stuff very early on. I even posted about this early last year into this scamdemic and stated how critical if was to not only wear the right mask but even just as importantly to wear it correctly, otherwise you're spinning your wheels. :bang::bang: And to fit your face to one of the above mentioned masks is not an easy task either! Takes a lot of practice.

boxcar 08-25-2021 11:10 AM

Meanwhile in Spite of the Science, Fauci Ain't Following It

Fauci's Latest BS: The Clearest Example That It's About Control, Not Public Health

People should know when they’ve lost. Dr. Anthony Fauci has lost. He lost his credibility. The man is all over the place with COVID. He has been for months. And when criticized, he declares himself the lord protector of science. He’s been a horse’s ass for far too long and the more he speaks the more resistant people become because you know he’s going to change his position in 36-48 hours. Afghanistan has collapsed so that’s dominating the news, which also gave him some cover to dole out this piece of idiotic advice: just wear something over your face. It doesn’t matter what it is. (emphasis mine)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...masks-n2594621

And this meathead is the lord of all science. :bang::bang:

Even the N95 or 99's will not work well at all if not properly fitted. This is a fact. This is the truth. This is the real science! :bang::bang:

And how many people do you think there are out there that even know this and if they did know it, know how to properly wear a good mask? If I waxed really, really generous and postulated 10%, I'd most likely be off by a factor of only 10 or so. :rolleyes:

thaskalos 08-29-2021 05:06 PM

The latest mask mandate notice sent to Illinois retailers:

"Retailers are required to inform the public of the mask requirement by posting signs at the entrance and utilize other tools that may be available such as a PA system. Otherwise, retailers are NOT required to remove patrons or prohibit patrons from entering the premises if they refuse to wear a mask. This is an important departure from the previous mask mandate."

Now...all I have to do is figure out how to explain to my customers that my "MASKS REQUIRED" signs on the doors don't imply that all the customers in the store are required to wear masks. :rolleyes:

ReplayRandall 08-29-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2750445)
Now...all I have to do is figure out how to explain to my customers that my "MASKS REQUIRED" signs on the doors don't imply that all the customers in the store are required to wear masks. :rolleyes:

It depends....Will you be wearing a mask while you explain or will you be maskless?

thaskalos 08-29-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2750449)
It depends....Will you be wearing a mask while you explain or will you be maskless?

I keep a mask on all the time when I'm at the store. My customers tell me I look much better that way. :ThmbUp:

Inner Dirt 08-29-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2750445)
The latest mask mandate notice sent to Illinois retailers:

"Retailers are required to inform the public of the mask requirement by posting signs at the entrance and utilize other tools that may be available such as a PA system. Otherwise, retailers are NOT required to remove patrons or prohibit patrons from entering the premises if they refuse to wear a mask. This is an important departure from the previous mask mandate."

It probably should be changed to "Masks highly suggested." Same thing applies here.