Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nice Article on Kent D. (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102707)

MickJ26 04-21-2013 08:31 PM

Nice Article on Kent D.

I don't know how to do the whole cut and paste thing, but, Marty McGee has a really nice interview with Kent Desormeaux on DRF.COM
It basically entails the ups and downs of a jockey's life as well as torturing themselves to make weight. They also discuss Kent's battle with alcoholism. It's a good read.

PaceAdvantage 04-21-2013 08:55 PM

A link would suffice...

affirmedny 04-21-2013 10:40 PM

pandy 04-22-2013 10:30 AM

Kent D. has had some magical meets on the Saratoga turf.

Striker 05-08-2013 11:37 PM

He is 5 for 10 to start the Arlington meet.

pondman 05-09-2013 10:27 AM

He was a naturally talented kid. I put him on the top of the all time great apprentices. He lead the big boys at SA at a young age. But he ran with Underworlds such as K. Black. He's lucky he didn't get banned for blow. He's an addict, and everyone knows it. He's got to take care of the problem or he won't find work. A superstar with flaws.

Valuist 05-09-2013 10:50 AM

I would've thought Dennis Cooper would've handled Desormeaux's book but it looks like Penny Fitch Hayes is booking his mounts. Cooper had pretty much run things for years at Arlington.

burnsy 05-09-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondman
A superstar with flaws.

Thats the bottom line. A few years ago he was one of the best grass riders around. I don't even want to read the article, the guy has messed up so many times its almost inexcusable. Its like being followed by a demon, i've been down a simuliar path in my younger days. The wrong people, the wrong free time activities, people like us are not famous so its even easier to fly under the radar. But your stress in life is no excuse, life was never meant to be easy, as you get older you realize that the "yellow brick road" is fantasy whether you are dirt poor, unemployed or filthy rich and famous. Your health, if its good, is all you really have. I personally know the woman he squabbled with at Saratoga....shes a housewife that does traffic and security for 8 weeks a year, 5 foot nothing and weighs maybe 110. The cops made him park his car and hauled him off....in front of everyone.....there comes a time when you have to stop LYING to YOURSELF.....you are already an expert at lying to everyone else. He doesn't need some fluff article, he needs to admit to HIMSELF that he needs professional help. The most brilliant and talented people are many times their own worst enemies. Just watched the movie Flight, great movie, it lays out the trap that anyone one of us could fall into in this society...and pretty much sums up his problems.

Striker 05-09-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valuist
I would've thought Dennis Cooper would've handled Desormeaux's book but it looks like Penny Fitch Hayes is booking his mounts. Cooper had pretty much run things for years at Arlington.

I'm not sure if Dennis Cooper is representing any jocks at AP as of now. Penny has Kent and also Jeffrey Sanchez this year.

Valuist 05-09-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker
I'm not sure if Dennis Cooper is representing any jocks at AP as of now. Penny has Kent and also Jeffrey Sanchez this year.

Apparently he has Jesus Castanon's book. Castanon usually comes to Arlington at the end of the Churchill meet.