Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   the point system (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102316)

lamboguy 04-06-2013 12:13 PM

the point system

i haven't been following this new format, what i was wondering about is if Philly's only run in 3yo Filly prep races, does that not count for the points to get into the open tripple crown races?

Some_One 04-06-2013 12:14 PM

Doesn't count, so that filly that ran big last weekend at GP has 0 points.

lamboguy 04-06-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_One

bummer

magwell 04-06-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some_One

If filly's want to run in the derby they should earn the points against the boys that's the deal.... and that's the way it should be.....

horses4courses 04-06-2013 12:46 PM

I like the new system, apart from the petty politics that eliminates the Illinois Derby.

Tom 04-06-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwell
If filly's want to run in the derby they should earn the points against the boys that's the deal.... and that's the way it should be.....

Why?
Should Racheal have been denied entry into the Preakness?
What about that huge win last week by the filly?
I have no idea if they would wnat to, but if they decided after seeing that to try the Derby, who losed out?

The FANS.

I thought he game was supposed to be trying to get people interested in it, not run some sort of STUPID rules that fixed a situatin that was never broken.

Putting together the BEST field is all that matters.
The point sytem does not do that.

Striker 04-06-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwell

But if they run against the boys, no matter what happens they will get no points towards the Oaks. Do you think that is right? Even if a filly finishes 3rd in a 100 point race that doesn't guarantee a spot in the gate for the KD. Maybe the connections would have done things different back in 1980 if the point system existed then, but Genuine Risk finished 3rd in the Wood against the boys and wouldn't have qualified for the derby. Did she belong in the derby?

Tom 04-06-2013 12:59 PM

The system is desinged to keep horses OUT of races.
Not a good idea.
CD should maiden its own busniess and stp being an intrusive buch of pricks towards other tracks. Maybe they should look at thier own race 0 which has become a joke of a race. 20 horses? Get real. I see the Derby as the most irrelevant race of the year. Take the 6-7 legitimate horses and put 13-14 crap horse in thier way.

The Preakness is the only triple crown race that means anything.

Striker 04-06-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom

And this is where we might see the filly, Dreaming of Julia, it would be something if she wins it.

BlueChip@DRF 04-06-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom

Actually, I would say The Belmont - when the crown is on the line.

lamboguy 04-06-2013 01:41 PM

since the game has changed throughout the years, they had to make some type of a change. years ago horses ran more often, and one knocked the other one out. today horses can't run as often due to all the drugs and race prep they get, so they had to make a change to try to get the best horses in the race. the downside this year will be that DREAMING OF JULIA won't be in it. but those are the rules and we knew them ahead of time.

RXB 04-06-2013 02:04 PM

Although I would like to see any genuinely deserving filly have a chance to be in the Derby, I can understand why CD would have some ambivalence toward cannibalizing the Oaks to feed the Derby when they know that the Derby will have a full field and receive massive attention and betting, regardless.

magwell 04-06-2013 04:05 PM

Boys cant run in the Oaks and the girls dont need points to run in the Oaks so earn your way into the Derby......

johnhannibalsmith 04-06-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy
...the downside this year will be that DREAMING OF JULIA won't be in it. but those are the rules and we knew them ahead of time.

Who's we? Didn't you start the thread?

magwell 04-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
The system is desinged to keep horses OUT of races.
Not a good idea.
CD should maiden its own busniess and stp being an intrusive buch of pricks towards other tracks. Maybe they should look at thier own race 0 which has become a joke of a race. 20 horses? Get real. I see the Derby as the most irrelevant race of the year. Take the 6-7 legitimate horses and put 13-14 crap horse in thier way.

Wow..... Do you have any idea of which you speak ? the Preakness ? ?