Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Revolutionary (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102182)

Smarty Cide 03-31-2013 09:31 AM

Revolutionary

I riding this horse for the derby. He does enough to win. In the past this would be the type of horse I get screwed by but im not getting fooled this year.

Im betting him hard May 4th

Tom 03-31-2013 11:39 AM

I looked at him really hard yesterday, and eventually went with the one who got blocked in the stretch. What really hurt was I had the 19-1 place horse hooked up in exactas, but not my usual 1W3P scheme. So close to betting Revo and Lute.....woulda, coulda, shoulda - the trifecta that doesn't pay out! :(

redshift1 03-31-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
I riding this horse for the derby. He does enough to win. In the past this would be the type of horse I get screwed by but im not getting fooled this year.

Definitely a top contender, I would guess odds somewhere between 7-10 on derby day depending on next weeks preps. I project the following betting order assuming Verrazano wins the Wood.

Verrazano
Orb
Revolutionary
Winner of SA Derby

RXB 03-31-2013 01:24 PM

Hmmm. Those looked like the typical La Derby B-listers to me. A couple of speed horses went quickly early and then fell apart, the race was quite slow late.

redshift1 03-31-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RXB
Hmmm. Those looked like the typical La Derby B-listers to me. A couple of speed horses went quickly early and then fell apart, the race was quite slow late.

Your right, very slow and a weak field, still I kind of like him.

MickJ26 03-31-2013 11:50 PM

He looked like he was done in deep stretch (could've just been the camera angle) and then fought back to win. More impressed with Revolutionary than I was with Orb, although Orb was great too.

Edward DeVere 04-01-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smarty Cide

Good luck on all the traffic a deep closer will have to deal with in the Kentucky Derby.

Look at the horses who got stopped cold in this Louisiana Derby, for instance. (With a much smaller field.)

redshift1 04-01-2013 03:00 AM

I'm no expert but according to the PP's he's hardy a deep closer and has been reasonably close fairly early in several of his races. His last two races are somewhat atypical, look at his 2-4 starts. if anything he's versatile.

"deep closer"

Web definitions

A horse that runs far behind the early pace..

Valuist 04-01-2013 01:59 PM

What prep hasn't been weak? Look at the horses that ran 3rd and 4th at GP. A one dimensional sprinter hangs on for third and a 100-1 shot gets 4th. The LA Derby may not produce the Derby winner, but I wouldn't be surprised if that race eventually yields more future stakes winners than the other preps.

chadk66 04-01-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickJ26
He looked like he was done in deep stretch (could've just been the camera angle) and then fought back to win. More impressed with Revolutionary than I was with Orb, although Orb was great too.

looked to me like orb was struggling mid turn. but kept grinding and ground out the win. if he would have had to check up at all he would have been in trouble. I like his chances in ky if he gets a clean trip but the odds of that are probably pretty slim.

overthehill 04-02-2013 01:07 AM

I doubt verrazano wins the wood.

redshift1 04-02-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overthehill
I doubt verrazano wins the wood.

Other than doubts (and there's nothing wrong with that) what can you add to support your opinion.

Competition to tough?
Ability?
Not fast enough?
Racing Style?
Pletcher can't win outside of Florida?

Leparoux 04-02-2013 10:24 AM

I really like this horse but will be too low of a price for me on Derby day.

CincyHorseplayer 04-02-2013 10:50 AM

I really hate this horse and was surprised he didn't lose!You guys really "like" this horse and think he was better than Orb?

I know I am playing the right game brother!

Leparoux 04-02-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
You guys really "like" this horse and think he was better than Orb?

I certainly do not.