Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Discussion (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Kent Desormeaux (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101407)

cj 02-28-2013 02:22 PM

Kent Desormeaux

Anyone else find his ride in the 3rd today at GP (2-28-2013) less than professional?

I didn't bet the race, just observing.

Beachbabe 02-28-2013 02:36 PM

I saw him look over his left shoulder twice down the backstretch. other than that, the only thing possibly strange was he looked like he put the whip away about 70yds from home & was subsequently beaten a nose. Don't know if that hurt the horse's chances, or if the horse was not responding from the whip in the first place.

duncan04 02-28-2013 02:36 PM

He fell asleep on another lead horse and got beat. Its becoming commonplace for him.

cj 02-28-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
I saw him look over his left shoulder twice down the backstretch. other than that, the only thing possibly strange was he looked like he put the whip away about 70yds from home & was subsequently beaten a nose. Don't know if that hurt the horse's chances, or if the horse was not responding from the whip in the first place.

IF the horse wasn't responding to the whip, maybe a vigorous hand ride at least?

Beachbabe 02-28-2013 02:51 PM

The guy doesn't get mounts anymore. The ones he does get look like "no factor" types. The mount in question was probably one of the best he's gotten at the meet.
He definitely has problems. From a rider whose mounts you used to always give a second look to; he's almost become a throw-out.

FantasticDan 02-28-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
IF the horse wasn't responding to the whip, maybe a vigorous hand ride at least?

Not only did the horse not respond to the whip, but his course became a bit erratic. Kent seemed to be more concerned with steering at that point than vigorously riding home.

DeltaLover 02-28-2013 03:05 PM

Its a shame how a once upon a time top jockey like him ended up like this...

I have seen him over and over whenever he is surpassed by a single horse while on the lead he puts the hands down, usually throwing a sure second or third...

hoovesupsideyourhe 02-28-2013 03:08 PM

that was a classic c.j.

Beachbabe 02-28-2013 03:19 PM

Chart caller's remarks for horse:

"Carolyn M showed speed off the rail into the stretch; then her rider was forced to straighten her away twice when she drifted out and couldn't resist the winner at the wire."

Stillriledup 02-28-2013 03:36 PM

When they hit the wire i thought to myself "kent the clown, at it again".

Then, i immediately checked PA to see if it was just me.

It wasnt just me.

redshift1 02-28-2013 04:45 PM

Probably wasn't pressing the issue on a horse that became erratic. Something caused the horse to lose focus, seems unlikely he wrapped up the horse for no reason at all. Anytime he loses a close race the blame game starts. That said, for what ever reason he's become a minor player who once infamously overslept and missed a critical work on a derby horse.

Vinman 02-28-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshift1
Probably wasn't pressing the issue on a horse that became erratic. Something caused the horse to lose focus, seems unlikely he wrapped up the horse for no reason at all. Anytime he loses a close race the blame game starts. That said, for what ever reason he's become a minor player who once infamously overslept and missed a critical work on a derby horse.

Would that be a Bob Baffert Derby horse?

Vinman

redshift1 02-28-2013 04:54 PM

greengorilla 02-28-2013 05:02 PM

Last time I saw Kent he was dating Rosie and boozing quite a lot, and my man can drink. Think his behavior has hurt him last couple of years from getting quality mounts. But every now and then Bobby Hess jr willl through him up on a live one. Hope he gets things straightened out with his business, because he's a good guy and has done a lot for the sport the last 2 decades.

PICSIX 02-28-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj
Anyone else find his ride in the 3rd today at GP (2-28-2013) less than professional?

I didn't bet the race, just observing.

Was going to start a thread but didn't because I did bet....minor league ride IMO :ThmbDown: