Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Handicapping Library (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Turfdom publications (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44899)

banacek 03-08-2008 10:25 PM

Turfdom publications

I noticed an ebay auction for a publication from Turfdom, which I hadn't heard about. I checked and they have a website (not sure if it is ok to include here, but easy to google) including quite a few publications - from winning on synthetics to sire ratings.

I couldn't find anything about these from searching on Pace Advantage. I was wondering if anyone here has bought anything from them and, if so, if they could offer up any opinions.

Note 1: To Dave Schwartz - it's ok, I know it is hard for you to resist, but you don't have to rush off and buy the books! ;)

and

Note 2: No, I am not associated with the website - and if I was I wouldn't be naive enough to list the Turfdom site as my home page :lol: (still can't get over that one!)

chrisl 03-09-2008 10:57 AM

Turdom

I have a few of Turfdom publication's. Handicapping like a pro, really taught me alot. I am speaking from a learning novice point of view. This book really enhanced my handicapping skills.To a seasoned veteran of the ponies, this stuff might be old hat. I have met with the author, and he is a very skilled handicapper and owner. I have benefited from his publication's, and still use them to refresh my handicapping process. This is strictly my opinion, to answer
The poster's Question...chrisl

Dave Schwartz 03-09-2008 02:11 PM

:lol:

Guess I deserve that.

banacek 03-09-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
:lol:

Guess I deserve that.

I should actually send you the six bucks you spent on the last one I asked about.

chrisl 03-09-2008 05:12 PM

You are very welcome

banacek 03-09-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisl
You are very welcome

Sorry Chris, I do appreciate your feedback!

Donnie 03-09-2008 09:15 PM

Banacek-
The one I have is entitled Handicap Like a Professional.
The second paragraph into the booklet starts with: I am not a professional handicapper but I know what it takes to be successful in this game.

It basicly is a points assignment exercise, which then leads you to make your oddsline.

He starts out saying there are 3 main things that hold the most importance in a horse race, but you do end up assigning points to 19 different instances.

There are a lot of good truths in the booklet, but I don't know if there is much a grissled veteran would find new or Earth shaking.

Kelso 03-09-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banacek
"Next in importance to having a good aim is to recognize when to pull the trigger."

My ex always told me it was to be sure the lid was up ... so which is it? :D

banacek 03-09-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelso
My ex always told me it was to be sure the lid was up ... so which is it? :D

:lol: Well all I'm trying to do is remind myself to pass the odd race.

Like the person who just bought the Turfdom book on ebay for $55 when it is $40 on the Turfdom website:bang: .

Speedster449 01-10-2021 10:45 PM

If it was Tips, Tricks and Techniques, I was the one who sold it. I was amazed, too. A couple of guys got into a bidding war and paid more than it was worth. I was going through a rough spot financially because of illness so I sold a lot of stuff on ebay at the time. Several times people paid more than they could buy new. Go figure.

timtam 01-23-2021 10:39 AM

I'm not exactly sure if its from Turfdom but it seems a few years ago I go a

flyer for Uncle Sol's Private System or something to that effect. Then maybe a

year ago I got the same type flyer with the same system being sold. I thought

I read a review either here or Philips Racing Newsletter where it was pointed

out to be a point counting system and was rated about a 5. Sometimes out of

the blue I will get something from The Gambler Emporium as well and they

are usually the same named systems for over a decade. I remember Art Stanly

as one such method. That flyer came from New Jersey I'm not sure about Turf

dom.