Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Interviews (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Randy Giles interview now available in PDF form (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82094)

PaceAdvantage 04-15-2011 01:04 AM

Randy Giles interview now available in PDF form

1 Attachment(s)
The interview hosted the other night by our own CapperAl, featuring author Randy Giles, has been transferred into PDF form. It includes the full interview as well as the question and answer session featuring questions from your fellow board members. In addition, a review by CapperAl of Randy's book Extreme Pace Handicapping is also included, and it provides some excellent background information on the subject. The PDF can be found attached for download below.

Jay Trotter 04-15-2011 10:52 AM

Thanks to all!

Randy, it was worth at least one sale ... hoping my book shows up today! :ThmbUp:

Tom 04-15-2011 11:26 AM

Thanx, boss!

Jingle 04-15-2011 03:39 PM

THANKS MIKE--I MISSED IT THE OTHER NIGHT.

dkithore 04-17-2011 02:23 AM

Thank You PA for the follow up. Keep it up.

yak merchant 04-20-2011 02:45 AM

Thanks to everyone involved, I haven't read the interview as of yet, but I'm ordering the book just the same. I figure I learned enough from Randy's old site 10 years ago to easily justify the outlay even if I never use anything from the book (which I doubt will be the case).

Khanjar 07-10-2011 04:06 PM

I bought and read/studied Randy's book a couple of months ago. My main reason for ordering the book was that I was looking for some guidelines on analyzing early pace, i.e., how much is too much, or when can we expect a good early runner to be facing just too much early competition?

I was not disappointed by the book. I think there is no clear answer to my questions, but Randy does provide a framework for such analyses.

I do not have nearly the faith in Quirin Speed Points that Randy does, but I still always check them for any race. I knew that a two QSP advantage is significant, and Randy says as much. He says that he believes them to be more reliable than other speed ratings. Although only first call ratings, he extrapolates them to the second call. I don't know. I find at times they are uncanny in their effectiveness, and at other times not worth a hoot.

Although not an Extreme Pace Handicapper per se, I find that I do routinely note on my race sheet each race's PPG (Pace Pressure Guage) as sort of a FYI general info type thing. So with a low PPG, I immediately think early runner, and with a high PPG I immediately think late runner. But I can't say it actually has much influence on my final decisions.

Likewise, I like Randy's "Pace Comfort Zone" explanation, and use it in some analyses. And I have now added "PC" as a a useful ESP running style.

In sum, a good and worthwhile read, IMO. Extreme Pace Handicapping is a useful addition to a handicapper's library.

Scrambler 06-04-2012 11:20 AM

Thankyou....:ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer 06-04-2012 10:45 PM

Randy Giles is the best probable pace guy in the business.I can't wait to absorb his next book.He'll be mad at me for not mentioning the characters,but I think he has changed the game in a profound way.

SpotPlays 06-05-2012 02:46 PM

look forward to reading the interview, thanks