Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   8-Year-Old Japanese Girl Stuns Robert Plant By Nailing Led Zeppelin (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145786)

hcap 07-03-2018 05:17 AM

8-Year-Old Japanese Girl Stuns Robert Plant By Nailing Led Zeppelin

“My dream is to be the best drummer in the world,” Yoyoka wrote in the description of a Vimeo clip.

CincyHorseplayer 07-03-2018 07:09 AM

Oh man! Love that particular Led album. Especially love that cut. And that little girl kicks ass! Wow. Nice find Hcap.:ThmbUp:

FakeNameChanged 07-03-2018 07:25 AM

Looks like she's on her way. Impressive skills plus her timing is right on the beat.

Binder 07-03-2018 08:51 AM

Great

That was awesome

Tom 07-03-2018 10:33 AM

COW BELL!
We need more COW BELL!

Landmark album!
I had a '67 Ford Galaxy convertible with a super sound system in it - this 8 track and Black Sabbath were the terror of my neighbors when I came home. :headbanger:

PaceAdvantage 07-03-2018 11:15 AM

Yup...that's it...time for all us old farts to go home...:lol:

jay68802 07-03-2018 12:33 PM

:headbanger::headbanger:

Got a couple Jimi Hendrix 8-tracks my self.

That was goooood!

Jeff P 07-03-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2337081)
COW BELL!
We need more COW BELL!

Landmark album!
I had a '67 Ford Galaxy convertible with a super sound system in it - this 8 track and Black Sabbath were the terror of my neighbors when I came home. :headbanger:

My dad had a '68 Ford Galaxy.

My junior year of high school I had a part time job and he let me drive that car to work.

After about three paychecks - one night after my shift I drove that car to a place called the Electronics Super Store...

For about $49.00 they installed an under the dash 8 track player.

It wasn't long before my dad realized I was spending most of my paychecks on 8 track tapes:

Deep Purple, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Hendrix, and of course Led Zeppilin.

One day he confronted me about it.

Him: "Son, aren't you supposed to be saving money to help pay for college?"

Me: "But Dad, when I go to college one thing I absolutely know I need to do is listen to music!"

Ahh, to be 17 again.

-jp

classhandicapper 07-03-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2337081)
COW BELL!
We need more COW BELL!

lmao

Whenever I see kids with this much talent it blows my mind. When I was 8 I was playing hop scotch and flipping baseball cards.

Ted Craven 07-03-2018 03:13 PM

Fabulous - always a fan of Zeppelin!

I wasn't 8, but I was 17 years old too when I played keyboards in a high school era band ('71); one of my specialties was Stairway to Heaven, repetition of which turned my family off that tune for decades.

BTW a friend of mine saw Robert Plant perform last week in Portland - he can still do the old tunes :D Whole Lotta Memories!

Ted

PaceAdvantage 07-03-2018 03:22 PM

Ol' RP sounds better than I thought he would nowadays...

Tom 07-03-2018 03:30 PM

He sounds good, but he looks like he's already half way up the Stairway to Heaven! :eek:

Zydeco 07-03-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P (Post 2337131)
My dad had a '68 Ford Galaxy.

My junior year of high school I had a part time job and he let me drive that car to work.

After about three paychecks - one night after my shift I drove that car to a place called the Electronics Super Store...

For about $49.00 they installed an under the dash 8 track player.

It wasn't long before my dad realized I was spending most of my paychecks on 8 track tapes:

Deep Purple, Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Hendrix, and of course Led Zeppilin.

One day he confronted me about it.

Him: "Son, aren't you supposed to be saving money to help pay for college?"

Me: "But Dad, when I go to college one thing I absolutely know I need to do is listen to music!"

Ahh, to be 17 again.

-jp

In 75/76 was delivering pizzas for Donatos in Columbus, Ohio. (Ask Just Ralph!!) Buddy had a 67 Galaxy he had kind of Hot Rodded up. Went to deliver a pizza and his Transmission crapped out on a newly sealed black top driveway! The tranny fluid running down the drive!! Oh the humanity!! I think he was listening to "Highway Star" by Deep Purple on an under dash 8 track player at the time! lol

MutuelClerk 07-04-2018 07:35 AM

That was freaking GREAT!!!! Better than having to listen to my brother try and play violin as a kid. Her siblings are lucky.....

NorCalGreg 07-04-2018 10:01 AM

Great post, hcap--my respect for you went up 100%