Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Stock Market Prediction (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133768)

ReplayRandall 08-14-2019 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2503096)
Yawn...what's it up today? 500 points on the Dow or something like that?

Yawn...what's it down today? 800 points on the Dow or something like that?....:pound::faint::pound:

PaceAdvantage 08-15-2019 02:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2505861)
Yawn...what's it down today? 800 points on the Dow or something like that?....:pound::faint::pound:

I've spent a long time studying the markets. I love it when people think the sky is falling after a couple of down days. But never talk about the up days.

You seem to fall into this category.

Call me when something ACTUALLY happens:

(yeah, the attached chart includes today's CATASTROPHE! :pound::faint::pound:

Saratoga_Mike 08-15-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage (Post 2505879)
I've spent a long time studying the markets. I love it when people think the sky is falling after a couple of down days. But never talk about the up days.

You seem to fall into this category.

Call me when something ACTUALLY happens:

(yeah, the attached chart includes today's CATASTROPHE! :pound::faint::pound:

Someday the world will end!!!!!

Saratoga_Mike 08-15-2019 11:08 AM

Harry Markopolos, the guy who told the SEC Madoff was a fraud and was ignored, out calling GE a fraud.

His website: http://www.gefraud.com/

Please note he's potentially conflicted this time, as he's entered into an agreement with a HF and will receive a portion of their short profits (if they end up with any). That said, I assume he would not use the term "fraud" lightly. Crazy stuff.

PaceAdvantage 08-16-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Yawn...again...

FakeNameChanged 08-16-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike (Post 2505971)
Harry Markopolos, the guy who told the SEC Madoff was a fraud and was ignored, out calling GE a fraud.

His website: http://www.gefraud.com/

Please note he's potentially conflicted this time, as he's entered into an agreement with a HF and will receive a portion of their short profits (if they end up with any). That said, I assume he would not use the term "fraud" lightly. Crazy stuff.

Harry is a straight shooter IMO, and a great interview. He commented during an interview today that GE's CEO Culp probably can't read a financial statement. He also said their fraud is bigger than Enron's and WorldCom's combined. Said it might go back decades all the way to Jack Welch and Jeff Immelt. Crazy stuff for sure.

barn32 08-18-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike (Post 2505971)
Please note he's potentially conflicted this time, as he's entered into an agreement with a HF and will receive a portion of their short profits (if they end up with any).

If true, and I tend to believe that it is, this is a huge conflict of interest, and he never should have said anything.

BTW, GE CEO bought $2 Million dollars worth of stock the day after this news came out and GE took a big hit.

ReplayRandall 08-18-2019 10:05 PM

Understand just this one thing, the Bond Market is the key to our true economic condition....Fact.

That being said, for the first time in US history, our 30 year Treasury bond dipped below 2%. So if you think our economy is doing great, think again.

So what's Trump's plan of attack, besides another round of QE? This just might stupefy you::eek::eek:

Trump Administration Considering Issuance Of 50, 100-Year Treasuries

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...CWeY2xHL98VlyM

Saratoga_Mike 08-19-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barn32 (Post 2507890)
If true, and I tend to believe that it is, this is a huge conflict of interest, and he never should have said anything.

BTW, GE CEO bought $2 Million dollars worth of stock the day after this news came out and GE took a big hit.

Not speculation on my part - he discloses the info at the end of his report - please see link provided previously, click on report and look for disclosure info.

Saratoga_Mike 08-19-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2507893)

Trump Administration Considering Issuance Of 50, 100-Year Treasuries

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...CWeY2xHL98VlyM

The Trump Admin talked about this idea a couple of years ago. I believe they didn't proceed b/c primary dealers indicated there wasn't sufficient interest to proceed with the idea (hard to believe). It's a great idea. Proceed.

PaceAdvantage 08-23-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

More market tankage due to DEEP THOUGHTS...by DONALD TRUMP

Saratoga_Mike 08-23-2019 11:16 AM

Powell spoke at Jackson Hole today - he emphasized additional tariffs and overseas weakness since the last FOMC meeting. I think you'll see 25 bps cut in Sept (more if the financial markets act really poorly), then more in the fall.

ReplayRandall 08-23-2019 12:04 PM

The 1-month now pays more than the 30-year...:lol:

The yield curve didn't invert?....:lol::lol:

US 1-MO 2.095
US 2-YR 1.735
US 10-YR 1.535
US 30-YR 2.048

Saratoga_Mike 08-23-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReplayRandall (Post 2509608)
The 1-month now pays more than the 30-year...:lol:

The yield curve didn't invert?....:lol::lol:

US 1-MO 2.095
US 2-YR 1.735
US 10-YR 1.535
US 30-YR 2.048

The Chinese had/have more resolve than the WH ever expected. I think the WH is right about China on many fronts (e.g. stealing IP), outside of currency manipulation.* Sadly, we may not get much if there's a trade deal. I hope to be wrong.

*Capital wants OUT of China. That is not the sign of an undervalued currency. It was manipulated lower....15 years ago.

ReplayRandall 08-27-2019 11:22 PM

Silver just popped the $18 mark....Hasn't happened since April of 2017....Breakout or slapped back down?