Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WHo will be the democrat nominee for president 2020? (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142381)

zico20 01-02-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthecreek (Post 2256408)
Why because the country is doing so well?

Unemployment at a 17 year low
Dow up 5000 for 2017-1st time
Nasdaq and S&P at record highs
New home sales at a 10 year high
45 year low in illegal immigration
1.5 million fewer people on food stamps today as compared to last Jan.
Record Xmas spending season
Back to back 1/4's of 3+% growth?
80% of Americans going to see a tax cut this year?

That is EXACTLY why Democrats will vote against Trump, they can't stand prosperity. They will attempt to convince independents that this is actually bad for them.

davew 01-02-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zico20 (Post 2256411)
That is EXACTLY why Democrats will vote against Trump, they can't stand prosperity. They will attempt to convince independents that this is actually bad for them.

... and they can not survive without help from the government. Zuckerburg wants to give everyone universal basic income.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/26/news...ome/index.html

MutuelClerk 01-02-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaffertsWig (Post 2256388)
Anyone but Hillary will destroy Dotard Drumpf in 2020 (if he survives this term)

He will easily survive the term. IF he chooses to run again and the Dems in their infinite wisdom bring out a re-tread they will have no chance against any Republican. The Dems need a new voice. Not an old echo.

Clocker 01-02-2018 10:50 AM

Good news! Chelsea Clinton is now legally old enough to run for president. :jump:

woodtoo 01-02-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clocker (Post 2256422)
Good news! Chelsea Clinton is now legally old enough to run for president. :jump:

:headbanger:
C'mon down Chelsea show us what papa and mama learned you.:lol:

classhandicapper 01-02-2018 02:29 PM

Most likely the person won't be white, biologically male, or cisgender. He, she, zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, or e (the list keeps growing) will probably claim to be Christian for political purposes, but actually hate Christianity and other religions that promote intrinsic standards of good and evil, moral and immoral etc...except Islam. Democrats can't say anything bad about Muslims for now because they are a minority in the US and will vote with them. It doesn't matter what they do or who they oppress overseas. The other exception is when they are promoting their own subjective views as being intrinsic truths and oppressing others for thinking otherwise.

I hope that narrows down the list of democrats a little.

davew 01-02-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classhandicapper (Post 2256500)
Most likely the person won't be white, biologically male, or cisgender. He, she, zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, or e (the list keeps growing) will probably claim to be Christian for political purposes, but actually hate Christianity and other religions that promote intrinsic standards of good and evil, moral and immoral etc...except Islam. Democrats can't say anything bad about Muslims for now because they are a minority in the US and will vote with them. It doesn't matter what they do or who they oppress overseas. The other exception is when they are promoting their own subjective views as being intrinsic truths and oppressing others for thinking otherwise.

I hope that narrows down the list of democrats a little.

Mich(ael)lle 0bama fits these requirements

Tom 01-02-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodtoo (Post 2256492)
:headbanger:
C'mon down Chelsea show us what papa and mama learned you.:lol:

She has to make her first kill before she can run!

davew 01-02-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 2256527)
She has to make her first kill before she can run!

What makes you sure she has not? She was part of Clinton Foundation and involved with Haiti...

biggestal99 01-03-2018 07:58 AM

I can tell you who it will not be. A white male.

Allan

dkithore 01-05-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davew (Post 2252321)
This will probably be a wide open race with as many as 20 contenders. Who do you think will end up being the nominee.

My first pick is Joe Biden. (although I have a futures bet on Michelle 0bama)

My long shot contender pick is Tulsi Gabbard. A veteran. Straight shooter. Photogenic brown skinned and intelligent. A dark horse for 2024.

barahona44 01-05-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkithore (Post 2257458)
My long shot contender pick is Tulsi Gabbard. A veteran. Straight shooter. Photogenic brown skinned and intelligent. A dark horse for 2024.

I think she will need to become either a Senator or Governor to be put her in a better position to run for President.House of Reps isn't a good place to launch a Presedential bid, too tough to stand out from that crowded place.If you aren't Speaker of the House,nobody outside your district knows who you are.

I've seen her a couple of times on tv and she's pretty impressive.And only 36 so she has time on her side.

davew 01-08-2018 03:16 PM

Oprah can give a good speech

Tom 01-10-2018 09:53 AM

Computer used artificial intelligence algorithms to find the potential candidate that best represents the democratic views and ut has found the ideal candidate for 2020.....

chadk66 01-10-2018 11:34 AM

It will probably take until at least 2024 to even find anybody with a snow balls chance in hell

woodtoo 01-11-2018 10:50 AM

Maxine Waters she loves herself.:pound:

Inner Dirt 01-11-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2257512)
Reps isn't a good place to launch a Presedential bid, too tough to stand out from that crowded place.If you aren't Speaker of the House,nobody outside your district knows who you are.

So you are telling me no one within a 20 mile radius of Inglewood California knows who Maxine Waters is?

barahona44 01-11-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Dirt (Post 2259903)
So you are telling me no one within a 20 mile radius of Inglewood California knows who Maxine Waters is?

The representatives that are well known outside their districts are usually well known for all the wrong reasons, like your girl Maxine. :D

James Garfield is the only one who was elected President while serving as a Congressman when elected. I'll bet you can name both your Senators but how many of the representatives from your state do you know?

classhandicapper 01-12-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggestal99 (Post 2256717)
I can tell you who it will not be. A white male.

Allan

If he's gay or at least non binary he would still probably qualify.

hcap 01-12-2018 11:17 AM

The way things are going, repugs should start thinling about who will be thir nominee.

Suggestion Joe Arpaio. Adherent of Trump his undying Obama birther theory. Should score big here

_______ 01-12-2018 11:52 AM

If I were assembling a draft list for people I thought would run deep into the primary season I’d start with Kirsten Gillibrand.

She is obviously running. Her hard disconnect with former mentors Bill and Hillary along with calling for her friend Al Franken to resign over sexual harassment charges tells me she is reading the temperature of the party base and positioning herself for a run.

I’d struggle whether to have Kamela Harris or Bernie Sanders as my 2nd pick but whomever I didn’t choose would be my 3rd choice with Joe Biden 4th.

Cory Booker 5th. Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren would have to be on the list somewhere.

As united as Democrats are in their opposition to Trump, they also face deep divisions over the direction of the party that aren’t going to be easily papered over. A Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren isn’t going to win but the question is how far they manage to drag the eventual nominee toward positions that aren’t going to win a general election.

chadk66 01-12-2018 12:24 PM

heard they were sitting this one out due to not having a snow balls chance in hell of winning. save up money to take a serious run in 2024

davew 02-07-2018 07:35 PM

Eric Holder or Joe Biden to continue what 0bama started...

barahona44 02-07-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chadk66 (Post 2260224)
heard they were sitting this one out due to not having a snow balls chance in hell of winning. save up money to take a serious run in 2024

George H.W. Bush has big approval ratings his first 2 years in office.Then the economy soured and Bubba was elected.A lot can happen in a couple of years.

BUT you are correct, if the economy stays strong and there are no major issues confronting the country, then Trump should win a second term.In that case, just like Walter Mondale, Robert Dole or John McCain facing an unwinnable election, the Democratic nominee will be a consolation prize for one of the old soldiers like Al Gore or Joe Biden, kind of like a career achievement for party loyalty.The young guns will sit it out until 2024.

woodtoo 02-07-2018 10:18 PM

The unbeatable Wiener/Holder :D

jocko699 02-07-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodtoo (Post 2273509)
The unbeatable Wiener/Holder :D

That depends on whether their constituents "grip" them:pound::pound::pound:

davew 06-05-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaskalos (Post 2252932)
Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. The man's rhetoric has been having a distinctly "political" bent lately...even though he is reluctant to reveal his political aspirations for the future. Hey...after Donald Trump...WHY NOT? If we are looking for a leader with "penetrating vision", then Schultz qualifies nicely...IMO. :ThmbUp:

Is going to resign from his starbucks position to work on social issues. Might be geared to run for something, but can a white male win anything dimocrat?

boxcar 06-05-2018 08:50 AM

I nominate Auntie Nancy to run. If she won the party's nomination, I would bet the farm that she'd be a slam dunk to lose against Trump in a landslide. Rattlesnakes have more likeable personalities than she has.

lamboguy 06-05-2018 02:06 PM

the Democrats really have no one that can win against either Trump and certainly not Nikki Haley. so it really doesn't matter whom they put up.

at this point in time i would make her the favorite to get nominated by the Republicans, even against a sitting president.

woodtoo 06-05-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 2325500)
I nominate Auntie Nancy to run. If she won the party's nomination, I would bet the farm that she'd be a slam dunk to lose against Trump in a landslide. Rattlesnakes have more likeable personalities than she has.

First woman president...go for it Nancy.:D

barahona44 06-05-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2325592)
the Democrats really have no one that can win against either Trump and certainly not Nikki Haley. so it really doesn't matter whom they put up.

at this point in time i would make her the favorite to get nominated by the Republicans, even against a sitting president.

If Ronald Reagan (Ford) and Ted Kennedy (Carter) couldn't unseat a sitting President,then I doubt Nikki Haley will.Unless of course Trump murders James Comey , then tries to pardon himself. ;)

Inner Dirt 06-05-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2325644)
If Ronald Reagan (Ford) and Ted Kennedy (Carter) couldn't unseat a sitting President,then I doubt Nikki Haley will.Unless of course Trump murders James Comey , then tries to pardon himself. ;)

I do believe character issues and how the press treated Chappaquiddick doomed Ted. I would not consider it shocking he got smoked once things counted.

lamboguy 06-05-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barahona44 (Post 2325644)

if we have learned anything about Trump the last 3 years, its to expect the unexpected.

there are a lot of conservative republicans that think they got duped by Trump.
they are not happy campers.

i am only interested in presidential elections from a betting standpoint.

HalvOnHorseracing 06-05-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _______ (Post 2260203)
If I were assembling a draft list for people I thought would run deep into the primary season I’d start with Kirsten Gillibrand.

She is obviously running. Her hard disconnect with former mentors Bill and Hillary along with calling for her friend Al Franken to resign over sexual harassment charges tells me she is reading the temperature of the party base and positioning herself for a run.

I’d struggle whether to have Kamela Harris or Bernie Sanders as my 2nd pick but whomever I didn’t choose would be my 3rd choice with Joe Biden 4th.

Cory Booker 5th. Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren would have to be on the list somewhere.

As united as Democrats are in their opposition to Trump, they also face deep divisions over the direction of the party that aren’t going to be easily papered over. A Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren isn’t going to win but the question is how far they manage to drag the eventual nominee toward positions that aren’t going to win a general election.

I wouldn't dismiss one of the Castro boys - I mean Joaquin and Julian of course - as a candidate.

fast4522 06-05-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamboguy (Post 2325592)

That is interesting the impossible ticket to beat would be Rick Scott & Nikki Haley.

Tom 06-06-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing (Post 2325662)
I wouldn't dismiss one of the Castro boys - I mean Joaquin and Julian of course - as a candidate.

I wouldn't the other Castro boy! :lol:

davew 06-08-2018 09:18 PM

DNC changing their rules so outsiders like Sanders can't rain on their pre-ordained selection

https://www.yahoo.com/news/eye-berni...225841348.html

chadk66 06-08-2018 10:36 PM

this won't surprise anybody :pound:

Tom 06-08-2018 11:19 PM

So they still have the "big tent" but you might have to sit with the monkeys.:headbanger:

Go DNC......theparty of the whitest hoods you ever did see!

How does one "serve as a democrat - act totally stupid and say dumb things a lot, aka Maxiene-baby? :pound:

:popcorn: Waiting to see if ALL the democrats come to the convention in one car. :popcorn:

fast4522 06-09-2018 01:14 AM

WHo will be the democrat nominee for president 2020?

At this point what difference does it make?